Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 757 PRO PACK THINKING TO BUY (Read 8816 times)
b757 captain

757 PRO PACK THINKING TO BUY
Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Hi, I thinking to buy the pro pack but I download the DEMO and all gauges are black please help

IP Logged

Dillon

Re: 757 PRO PACK THINKING TO BUY
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
The gauge problem can be solved but if you have FS9 it would be best to wait until the ILS issue is fixed.  Currently the 2.1 version can't call up ILS information to help navigate the aircraft to the runway.  Only visual landings are possible at this time...

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 12:46am
Print Post  
I landed perfectly using the ILS at KCLE last night with all CMDs lit up and LAND3 and FLARE annunciated.  It followed the glide slope perfectly, but didn't flare when at the runway so I went in like a lawn dart.

I really don't mind this too much since I would normally turn off the AP and AT before actually reaching the runway anyway, but I wanted to see if it had the capability of doing the complete autoland.
Has this been your experience, or have you had problems getting it to actually lock unto the ILS?
I'm trying to figure out if there is something that I did wrong, but I don't have any problem autolanding the MD11, 747-400 or 767-300.

I am going to try it again tonight.  I believe something that has to be remembered may be that one should first load the default 737 before loading the CS 757 or you may run into some issues.
I didn't do that and it may be part of the problem.

I believe the new CS Pro Pack is quite an awesome plane in every way to say the least, and I'm anxious to get back in it to fly, but it would be nice to be able to complete a full autoland just to know that it is capable of doing it.
I am very happy with it and didn't find it to fall short, other than that. (and that may be something I did).

I would like to hear of some others experience with autolanding the CS757 Pro Pack, if that is possible.

I haven't tried navigating using VORs yet.  I'll have to check into that.

Bob

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 7:16am
Print Post  
Well, I was able to successfully perform a full autoland with flare and roll out today so it must have been something that I had set wrong before.
The CS 757 did everything it was supposed to do and made a beautiful landing at EDDF ILS Rwy 25L.
I'll mess around with it some more tomorrow.
My FSX flight sim does seem to tend to crash easily when using the plane. I don't know why that is. 

IP Logged

amalishkin

Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
yes thats all nice but you have not read my post have you Smiley   it stated FS9 version not FSX.  i am happy for you that you can fly plane while we with fs9 version a crippled Sad

IP Logged

Dillon

Reply #5 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
amalishkin wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 9:32pm:
yes thats all nice but you have not read my post have you Smiley   it stated FS9 version not FSX.  i am happy for you that you can fly plane while we with fs9 version a crippled Sad

Thanks for writing this as I was about to.  FS9's version is broken at this time...  Sad

IP Logged

Aviator327

Airline Transport Pilot
(Ret)

Reply #6 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Dillon wrote on Nov 15th, 2008 at 2:02pm:
The gauge problem can be solved but if you have FS9 it would be best to wait until the ILS issue is fixed.  Currently the 2.1 version can't call up ILS information to help navigate the aircraft to the runway.  Only visual landings are possible at this time...

Autoland works fine for me in FS9 ver 2.1. I do have an issue with the VOR though.

&&&&Dell XPS600 l Dell 2407WFP l FS9.1 FSX SP2 l Win7 Prox64 l Evga GTX260 896mb&&&&

IP Logged

Aviator327

Airline Transport Pilot
(Ret)

Reply #7 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 10:39am
Print Post  
signmanbob wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 7:16am:
Well, I was able to successfully perform a full autoland with flare and roll out today so it must have been something that I had set wrong before.
The CS 757 did everything it was supposed to do and made a beautiful landing at EDDF ILS Rwy 25L.
I'll mess around with it some more tomorrow.
My FSX flight sim does seem to tend to crash easily when using the plane. I don't know why that is.  

signmanbob, Could you get in touch with me via email. I have a question with reference to the 757 in FSX. Thanks

&&&&Dell XPS600 l Dell 2407WFP l FS9.1 FSX SP2 l Win7 Prox64 l Evga GTX260 896mb&&&&

IP Logged

amalishkin

Reply #8 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Aviator327 wrote on Nov 22nd, 2008 at 10:35am:
The gauge problem can be solved but if you have FS9 it would be best to wait until the ILS issue is fixed.  Currently the 2.1 version can't call up ILS information to help navigate the aircraft to the runway.  Only visual landings are possible at this time...

Autoland works fine for me in FS9 ver 2.1. I do have an issue with the VOR though.

share you info on how you got ILS working, i been doing ILS landng in DIA on 34L with all right freq in both FMC and manually never get my indicators show up Sad
http://www.pbase.com/aviator327/image/106207509/large.jpg

IP Logged

Dillon

Reply #9 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Aviator327 wrote on Nov 22nd, 2008 at 10:35am:
The gauge problem can be solved but if you have FS9 it would be best to wait until the ILS issue is fixed.  Currently the 2.1 version can't call up ILS information to help navigate the aircraft to the runway.  Only visual landings are possible at this time...

http://www.pbase.com/aviator327/image/106207509/large.jpg

I agree, please share your secrete with us in how you got the ILS to work.  There must be a switch you toggled somewhere that most of us aren't realizing that's needed in order to get this feature to work.  Undecided

For one thing I see all three autopilot switches are lite up.  Is that needed to get the lower PFD to see the runway when called up in the FMC and the autopilot to see/capture the ILS/Localizer???

IP Logged

Aviator327

Airline Transport Pilot
(Ret)

Reply #10 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Dillon and amalishkin, Really no secret on setting up for Autoland approach. Setting on Rwy 35L KDEN.

You must (manually) input the ILS Freq 108.5 and the CRS 350 into the ILS receiver (The top one). NR1 Nav is already tuned to the Denver VORTAC 117.9. I just took off and did a visual circut of the Denver airport. Established the acft on a 25nm final for Rwy35L and commenced the approach. Autoland will arm at 1500' on the RA. Prior to commencing the approach I switched from Map Mode to the ILS Mode on the EFIS. As you get near the runway the FLAIR and ROLLOUT lights will change to Green (armed). I just let it autoland and take over manually during the rollout. Hope this helps.

IP Logged

Dillon

Reply #11 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
O.K. I see what's going on here...  You have to set the frequency on the 2D pop up which is not reflective on the main panel as it should be (problem is on my system their both synchronized).  So what the heck is the NAV1 panel doing on the main panel in your sim that's different from mine?  Within the VC I'm also seeing the NAV1 settings synchronized with what I do with the 2D pop up (again are you using the FSX or the FS9 version.  It's a shame I can't tell from the screenshots)...  From the pics above I see '117.30' is still listed on the main panel even though NAV1 is tuned to '117.90' on the 2D pop up (what am I missing here)....

Are you able to call up the runway info on the lower ND screen when you  choose the landing runway within the FMC (you'll have to flip to the next page on the ND screen to see the route and what I'm talking about)?  Huh

IP Logged

Aviator327

Airline Transport Pilot
(Ret)

Reply #12 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
From what  I have read in the manual the one on the MCP is VOR/DME only. I flew a leg yesteday from KBUF-KPHL and executed the ILS9R. You are correct I could not manually input the ILS freq and CRS into the FMC via the radio page. Don't know what is up with that. The next time I am out at our training center I am going to hop in the 757 simulator and find out the straight scoop.

IP Logged

Dillon

Reply #13 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Did you upgrade from the previous 'Block' system to this new 2.1 version.  I found a gauge left over from the previous install that I had to manually delete.  If you still have that gauge installed you should be seeing some performance problems, just the same that may be why your version is working and not everyone elses.  The gauge in question is called, 'cs.b757.vc.CAB'...

IP Logged

Aviator327

Airline Transport Pilot
(Ret)

Reply #14 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Dillon wrote on Nov 25th, 2008 at 7:54pm:
Did you upgrade from the previous 'Block' system to this new 2.1 version.  I found a gauge left over from the previous install that I had to manually delete.  If you still have that gauge installed you should be seeing some performance problems, just the same that may be why your version is working and not everyone elses.  The gauge in question is called, 'cs.b757.vc.CAB'...

I ordered the 757 Pro-pack on a CD ver2.0. The day that I got it in the mail was the same day that the 2.1 version was released so i installed that instead. The only real issue I have is with the VOR. It is totally unusable for navigation. I will check and see if I have that file.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top