Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Outside lights and noise (Read 3689 times)
52niner

Outside lights and noise
Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Hi,

I start at an airport in the cessna and shut the master off and the ignition. I then load the 757. When it loads theres some noise it sounds like an outside air source but not the APU. and I am near no other aircraft. Also the logo and passenger window lights are on even if the switches are off.

Any idea of this or is this gonna be addressed in the last SP thanks!!!!

IP Logged

propilot007

Re: Outside lights and noise
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Hey 52niner me agian Smiley  I also have the sound as if the APU is running when everything is off so I have a feeling thats on the list to fix.  I did want to give you a little tip though with loading the 757 cold and dark.  I have found when you load the cessna make sure all masters are off and everything is how you want it. Just go to "save flight" save it under a name like "test" and then before you push save at the bottom click on "set as default" then save the flight. and close MSFS.  when you open it next time just load the 757 right away and it will be cold and dark from then on. this way you will not have to keep loading the cessna each time you want to fly the 757.  hope this helps

-Travis

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."&&&&-Leonardo da Vinci

IP Logged

Neal

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Maybe its the recirculation fans. My 737 makes a similar noise with the fans running. Can be kind of disconcerting with GPU and Pneumatic air, thinking the APU is running and gobbling up fuel.

Dispatch will be pissed if I use too much fuel!

IP Logged

52niner

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the Tip.

Are your cabin and logo lights on even with everything powered off? Thanks a ton

IP Logged

Neal

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Ill check, I seem to be suffering from the MSFS Lights through the VC Bug.

IP Logged

Neal

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Just Checked.
With everything off, no lights. Everything disconnected, battery bus, gen ties.

IP Logged

Kimberly

Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Hi

I am using the aircraft in FS9 and it REALLY gets me down that the tail lights can't be turned off - well I have not found a way of doing it.

Even when I turn the 'logo' light off it does not turn off...

Kimberly.

IP Logged

52niner

Reply #7 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Thats the problem I am having, I found that just for testing purposes that if you load the cessna and shut off the master and ignition then load the 757 the noise is there but stops after several minutes.

The rest of the noise is ambient. But the Logo lights and cabin lights just really take away from the realism of the A/C , I could live with it but hope they fix it.

IP Logged

Neal

Reply #8 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
on jets with an APU it takes a few minutes for the system to spin down. Unfortunately the only other noise I hear is other aircraft. It is especially prevalent in VC mode. This is a MS issue and not CS. I have argued for a Cold and Dark mode in the ACE, in the improvement forum. I hope Captain Sim makes it work. Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top