Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Noobie help and Bugs (Read 3189 times)
52niner

Noobie help and Bugs
Oct 7th, 2008 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Hi,

First I'd like to say that I'm returning to simming after about a year and pulled out the latest version of the 757 and I have to say it really is turning out to be a nice bird.

Now I'm no pilot by any standards so I need some help in either learning the correct procedure or if these are known bugs. I read the SP list to avoid wasting time but here is a couple things I found.

Is it possible to turn the panel lights off at night while in flight?  I haven't found a way to turn them off only dim them via the glare shield knob.

Is it possible to see the wingtip strobes via the passenger view?

After I start the sim with the default cessna and shut off the master and turn the engine off then load the 757 , the logo light and the passenger windows are illuminated and not shut off.

Is there a way to add a speedbreak sound when deployed?

Is the TCAS gonna be implemented with the SB4 transponder? Soit goes on when TCAS is engaged.

The RAT cannot be stowed once deployed in flight correct?

This is getting picky but in passenger wing view, you can see the flaps extend but in a turn the aileron doesn't move. OMG am I complaining about that? lol

And finally for my own benefit, how do I calculate ZFW and find the CG% I downloaded manual 4 for performance data but I find those charts hard to use. Isn't the ZFW found in the load manager?

What is the proper method for the APU? If I use the APU to start engines do I shut it off right after or once airborne? Thanks

and lastly, Once setup in the ACE when I am in VC view and I use the view selection window, the one with the cockpit and red and blue squares it totatlly resets my flightdeck while in flight what are these views used for?

Thanks for any help and I hope maybe I can help 2.1 be better.

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Re: Noobie help and Bugs
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Hi there!
Is it possible to turn the panel lights off at night while in flight?  I haven't found a way to turn them off only dim them via the glare shield knob.

Not yet, I hope that CS will add this feature.

Is it possible to see the wingtip strobes via the passenger view?

Not yet...

Is the TCAS gonna be implemented with the SB4 transponder? Soit goes on when TCAS is engaged.

I think that CS will add this on the next service pack

The RAT cannot be stowed once deployed in flight correct?

It's like the reality.

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

52niner

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Any help on calculating ZFW and CG? Thanks

IP Logged

aussie

Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 2:53am
Print Post  
I did short tutorial few weeks back check it out

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1220997876/10#10

IP Logged

52niner

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Thanks for the Tutorial,

1 more question, say im in flight and in the FMC I select rwy for landing then ATC pops on and says no land on this rwy. Now after I go into my legs page and make the nessecary descent changes and I change the rwy and hit execute. It won't follow my vnav profile. Now there is no discon in the FMC so wy would'nt my AC follow the profile I am telling it to ? I started my descenct ,changed my FL and hit FL button it would just descend , no restriction to the ALT i have in the CP. Thanks for any help

IP Logged

aussie

Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 8:10am
Print Post  
52niner wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 at 3:47am:
Thanks for the Tutorial,

1 more question, say im in flight and in the FMC I select rwy for landing then ATC pops on and says no land on this rwy. Now after I go into my legs page and make the nessecary descent changes and I change the rwy and hit execute. It won't follow my vnav profile. Now there is no discon in the FMC so wy would'nt my AC follow the profile I am telling it to ? I started my descenct ,changed my FL and hit FL button it would just descend , no restriction to the ALT i have in the CP. Thanks for any help

once you change runway and respective STAR to activate VNAV you press left LSK1 to copy the waypoint on scratchpad and hit left LSK1 again  this would copy the same waypoint on first location and exec would light up hit exec this way there would be route continuity from your planes position to the next waypoint.

For decending, after you change ALT you hit chase alt key. Once the altitude is reached autopoilot would hold alt until you assign new alt. So yeah you need to have constant input.

IP Logged

propilot007

Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Hey 52niner, looks like you have most of those questions explained. So i'll just answer the last one Smiley  For the APU you always want to have it turned off before takeoff.  Most 757s turn the APU off as they start their taxi to the runway.  I'm sure you have noticed but there is an APU door at the base of the tail thats open when on.  Wouldn't think it would be a good thing to have this door open any time during flight.

Travis

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."&&&&-Leonardo da Vinci

IP Logged

propilot007

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
I have the 757 for FSX, so i guess i'm getting lucky with not have so many bugs.  Also my 757 doesn't have the cockpit and logo light problem, goes cold and dark. sorry can't help

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."&&&&-Leonardo da Vinci

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top