Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 fuel problem c130 fs9 (Read 10070 times)
whitewolf

fuel problem c130 fs9
Aug 23rd, 2008 at 10:40am
Print Post  
ive looked all over but cant find the answer but its probably here in this forum somewhere

after take off and continiously enroute a message coming up saying..

"fuel level critically low on selected tank, auto refuel is available press conrl X"

i do that and a minute or so later it comes up again and then again and so on

im gonna crash and burn if i dont solve this lol

ideas?

IP Logged

so666

Re: fuel problem c130 fs9
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Hi Whitewolf.
Which c130 aircraft are you using,and what fuel did you have to begin with,and in which tanks,what route length,and what positions did you have the fuel valves.
The thing to watch regarding the c130 extra pack,is they do not have external wing tanks,as these models where not done by cs.
regards alan. Cool

IP Logged

whitewolf

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
so666 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2008 at 1:56pm:
Hi Whitewolf.
Which c130 aircraft are you using,and what fuel did you have to begin with,and in which tanks,what route length,and what positions did you have the fuel valves.
The thing to watch regarding the c130 extra pack,is they do not have external wing tanks,as these models where not done by cs.
regards alan. Cool

i was using the C130E but think it was happening to others as well. I didnt know i had to select fuel valves?

I just took off from reno and flew around , no fixed route I have version 1.1 downloaded and installed thats it.,
dont know about the "extra pack"

so far as i could tell al tanks were full on take off as programmed by ACE, full load

guess im going to have to strudy the manual better, im used to the fs9 planes that dont do fuel valves mostly, kinda just started up and flew this

IP Logged

whitewolf

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
just did a short trip seattle to vancouver and did an full IFR ILS approach, full load of fuel on take off and still getting critical fuel warning all the time and having to press control X to refuel

tried turning on all the boost pumps crossfeed and so on and nothing changed- still get same message

im lost, dont know how to solve it, cant fly like this though

IP Logged

whitewolf

Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 4:29am
Print Post  
problem solved

IP Logged

FaxCap

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 12:40am
Print Post  
whitewolf wrote on Aug 27th, 2008 at 4:29am:
problem solved

How did you solve it?

FaxCap

IP Logged

RangerDoc

Reply #6 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 6:51am
Print Post  
whitewolf wrote on Aug 27th, 2008 at 4:29am:
problem solved

Please advise us what you did to resolve this.  I've been getting this very same error message starting today and its driving me crazy trying to find a solution.  Google search brought me here but I had to join to see the posts.  Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Rick Brown

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 9:13am
Print Post  
WhiteWolf
Please give us the answer! LOL. I've had this aircraft for a couple of years now and I cant cure the fault. I've just built a new pc and re-installed the c130 and its still the same! I think I'm now going to bin it, shame, I really would like to use it. Using C130 FSX and thats fine.
Hope you can help,
Rick.

IP Logged

so666

Reply #8 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Hi faxcap & rick.
What C130 where you flying,i only had problems once i loaded the extra pack,but it was not fuel related.
I never had this fuel problem,but one thing that would cause this,is if you have accidently operated fuel dump,when flying,on the external view,are you getting a fuel vapor trail,this would be the givaway,that the fuel dump was active,also look on your fuel panel,upper left/right,for the dump switches,and make sure they are off.
Also use the ace for the fuel level selecting,before you fly in the sim.
regards alan. Cool

IP Logged

Rick Brown

Reply #9 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply so666.
The problem is with any of the Hercs in FS9.1 If you go to any airport and load the C130 and start to climb out, you get the critical fuel warning come up. No matter what you do, it will come back again within a couple of minutes. You can check all your fuel in all the tanks via ACE, the fuel menu in FS or the overhead and all looks well, plenty of fuel. It makes no differnce if you have EXT tanks or not too. I think it did this before addind the J as well. I checked the manual (Mines the Just flight C130) and followed the fuel procedures and everything seems ok and set on the overhead correctly.
Any ideas? The plane flies ok and has no problems otherwise.
You cant even turn the warning off either.
Hope someone can help.
Rick.
UK. Smiley

IP Logged

so666

Reply #10 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Hi Rick.
Sorry for not getting back sooner,only i have been trying to master the captain 757,my recent purchase.
I think i am beginning to understand this c130 problem,i have never had this problem with mine,which i payed captainsim,and then downloaded from this site,using the links provided,i think the problem is related to justflights boxed release,which is not supported by captainsim,look in the another company forums,to see if there is a fix for the boxed version.
I will also have a look see,two heads are better than one.
If i find the answer there i will let you know.
regards alan. Cool

IP Logged

Rick Brown

Reply #11 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Alan,
Thanks for that. I can't find anything on the Just Flight site, mind you, they had a major change of the forum quite awhile ago and the older posts were'nt carried forward. There may have been something there. I bought it ages ago and had the problem and I had a look around and found nothing then so I kind of let it be. Now I've rebuilt the PC I was keen to have a play with it again. Oh, I did patch it to SP1, that made no difference either.
Hope We can find the solution, maybe a quick FS or aircraft cfg hack will do it. I always load fuel manually anyway so I wont miss the message. I know you can suppress the red messages, like brakes, with a .cfg hack, maybe you can with this type of message? Maybe my Flight sim is telling me to stick to my simple aircraft I normally use! I only bought the Herc because I worked, and flew, in them for a few years. It maybe best if I leave it alone, LOL! Brings back too many memories (good and bad)!
BTW, I have the FSX one from CaptainSim and thats fine and rather nice too.
see you soon,
Rick.

IP Logged

so666

Reply #12 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Hi rick.
I could not find the answer either,you could ask the question at another company product support forum,in order to get an answer,i did not do this myself,as it might have asked for a product number as proof of payment,and seeing as i got mine from this site,i did not try to ask the question.
regards alan. Cool

IP Logged

Rick Brown

Reply #13 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Alan,
Thanks for your time.
I've just posted a message for Just Flight and I'll see what they come up with. They're normally very good.
Hope to sort it soon, if I do, I'll post it back here.
See you soon,
Rick.

IP Logged

Rick Brown

Reply #14 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Hmmm, still not heard from Just Flight.
Thats a pain. I need to find the info in the .cfg file and disable it I'm sure.
I did install the J from CapatinSim, could that have caused it? I'm sure it did it before that though. Bugger.
Rick.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top