Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Fire warnings (Read 2048 times)
mjthfx

Fire warnings
Aug 13th, 2008 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
I entered a ticket on this with no response, now the ticket has mysteriously disappeared.

I am wondering if the fire warnings on the panel and on the overhead panel are suppose to actually work? I've simulated engine fire failures with the FSX Failures features but the engine just burns away, no warnings, and pulling the lever does nothing.

I must be honest, I've tried this in 1.1 and 1.2 but not 1.3 yet... is it suppose to work or is it just a nice feature to test during checklist start-up.

Thanks

Mark Thompson

- Mark Thompson&&
&&System Specs: &&P4 3.2Ghz Hyperthread - 4 GB RAM&&Nvidia 8800GT 512MB - 500 GB SATA HD&&SB Audigy SE sound&&Windows XP Pro (SP3)&&
&&FSX (SP1, SP2) - ASX - X Graphics - UTX - GEXen &&CH Yoke - CH Pedals - CH Pro Throttle - CH Fighterstick - CH Quad Throttle

IP Logged

mjthfx

Re: Fire warnings
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
I have finished uninstalling 1.2 as per the instruction from Captain Sim in the KB and installed csc131_1300.exe and when an Engine Fire occurs, NOTHING happens. No panel warning, no fire suppression handle lights up or sounds.

Is this a limitation? is all that stuff just for show? Has anyone else tried setting up an engine fire in FSX?

Mark

PS - Captain Sim support
I have also re-submitted a ticket on this... KB# 660 DOES NOT have anything to do with the Fire Suppression system, only to check newer versions which I have now done.
Thanks
MT

- Mark Thompson&&
&&System Specs: &&P4 3.2Ghz Hyperthread - 4 GB RAM&&Nvidia 8800GT 512MB - 500 GB SATA HD&&SB Audigy SE sound&&Windows XP Pro (SP3)&&
&&FSX (SP1, SP2) - ASX - X Graphics - UTX - GEXen &&CH Yoke - CH Pedals - CH Pro Throttle - CH Fighterstick - CH Quad Throttle

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Actually all of our products feature normal systems ops and designed for normal procedures only.
We advisedly do not model/program any emergency procedures.
For obvious reason some airlines do not want see their aircraft on fire, even at a screenshot form MS FS.

IP Logged

mjthfx

Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Well that is an interesting response as the aircraft is on fire via MS FS... why wouldn't you model putting the thing out?

You go through the trouble of putting all the alarms on their and are able to test... instead, you let it burn?

You should have stopped with...
"Actually all of our products feature normal systems ops and designed for normal procedures only. "

the rest of your statement is just ridiculous...  as I can send in all the screenshots of burning planes I want, especially where CS doesn't put it out. Shocked

I do have to thank you for the response though.

- Mark Thompson&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top