Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Send TopicPrint
 25 How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread. (Read 230480 times)
swivelhi

Re: AUTOPILOT PROCEDURE
Reply #105 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Xavier, Thank you for your prompt assistance. I have viewed all 4Vids and will review again as it's obvious my retention level needs improvement. I hope you don't mind if I contact you again with a question or two as i've already read a few of your responses in the forum and it's clear to me you know your 75.  Sincerely, Chuck D.

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Re: AUTOPILOT PROCEDURE
Reply #106 - Aug 25th, 2009 at 7:05am
Print Post  
Yes no problem !

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

swivelhi

Re: How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread.
Reply #107 - Aug 26th, 2009 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Xavier, On startup I switch the 3 IRS Knobs to Align and they light up, I then start turning on other switches from the OH view, the Align lights go out in approx. 30 sec. I then switch the 3 knobs to NAV and the 3 Align lights  start blinking the word Align. They never stop blinking throughout the flight. Is this normal? Thanks

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #108 - Aug 26th, 2009 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
@swivelhi,
to stop them from blinking, make sure you enter the right position in the pos init page on the CDU.
Just copy the last know position line to the enter position line. This does the job for me anyway.

Lars

IP Logged

ginoleopoldo

Reply #109 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Here I've a problem: when dessending in FLCH mode with throttles in idle  if I decrese speed in the mcp the airplane attitude changes taking up the nose and decreasing the -V/S value and that's correct. The problem is that the Auto pilot should maintain a descend attitude even if decreased in order to permit the speed to fit the input given to the mcp; the 757 of captain sim decrease the descend attitude while slowing down but then it starts to climb!
I guess this is an incorrect behave of the CS bird... I belive that the real 757 keep on descending in FLCH mode even if the pilot decide to decrease the speed in the mcp!

IP Logged

Gradl

Reply #110 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
It should start decreasing negativ v/s, but never start climbing. Other Boeing MCP Addons (737 PIC;737 NG) seems to model this issure right.

IP Logged

Luis Costa Clara

Autopilot not working - What am I doing wrong?
Reply #111 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Hi all,

This is my very first post on a flight simulator forum although I am not new to FSX. I have been flying for nearly two years with at least 2 hours or flight per day using other famous aircrafts such as 767, 747 and MD11 to name a few. I usually read as much as I can the procedures manual before flying an aircraft for the first time or I use video tutorials when available. So I really try to find a solution to any issue. But this time I have no answer so I decided to post a query on this forum hoping that somebody would help me. My problem is simple : I have recently bought the CS 757 pro pack and 757-300 package but the AP does not work at all. I have followed all the before take off procedures (IRS alignment, engine start, FMS programming, etc) but after take off, the aircraft just keeps on flying on manual although I pressed the CMD, LNAV and VNAV buttons. Just as if no buttons were activated... This is very frustrating... What am I doing wrong. Many thanks for your help. Luis  

IP Logged

RichardH

the 757 :D

Re: Autopilot not working - What am I doing wrong?
Reply #112 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 11:15am
Print Post  
I think you might have to be over 100ft in the air to engage the autopilot.
Have you seen this? http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1220997876

IP Logged

Luis Costa Clara

Reply #113 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Hi RichardH,

Thank you for your answer. I always engage AP after gear is retracted generally well above 100ft.

I have followed step by step this tutorial but i still get the same problem. Actually everything is fine until I press the TO/GA button to accelerate on the runway for take-off. I gently push the thrust lever to 1.10, then i press the EPR button but the plane does not accelerate (just moves slowly forward). I have to manually push the thrust levers to max thrust in order to reach v1, vr and v2 speeds. Once airborne, I retract the gear and press LNAV, VNAV, CMD as mentionned in the tutorial but nothing happens. The plane stays on his initial path and I can notice that the AP is not on because I can easily steer the wheel or reduce/increase power with the trust levers... Any other idea ?  Huh

IP Logged

audiohavoc

Reply #114 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
It sounds like you are leaving something out possibly, but if not, you may need to reinstall.

Are you arming both Flight Director switches and the A/T switch?

MSI P67 GD65, i7 2600K @ 5.0 Ghz, 8GB Mushkin 2133MHz memory, EVGA GTX 580, Thermalright Venomous X CPU cooler, OCZ Fatal1ty 700w PSU, 64GB Kingston V Series SSD Gen 2, 128GB Corsair M4 SSD, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

IP Logged

Luis Costa Clara

Reply #115 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
audiohavoc, I have reinstalled CS several times but the problem remains. Yes, I have armed both FD and A/T switched.
Everything looks fine visually (all buttons highlighted) but nothing works...

IP Logged

Bobby Singh

Reply #116 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Try this if you haven't already.
When FS X starts up, load a cessna on any airport, any runway, turn off all the engines, ctrl+shift+E. Turn off everything except avionics. Save it as a default flight.
Next time load up your CS 757 fromt he default plane and make sure you are in a cold-dark cockpit. Switch to over head panel and make sure everything is off.. then follow the proper sequence of starting up and taking off..

IP Logged

Luis Costa Clara

Reply #117 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Hi Bobby,

I have tried your suggestion but with no success. Still the same problem with EPR not working during takeoff and no AP once airborne. Don't know what to do... 40 euros lost... That's sad. The aircraft seemed to be pretty cool... Cry

IP Logged

Bobby Singh

Reply #118 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Luis,

This almost sounds unbelievable but don't give up just yet!!

You can try a few other things..

If you are using joystick, remove them and try a flight just with mouse and keyboard only.

Try to to remove all the other add-ons. Install only captain sim and see if that helps

If you are still in the same boat, then probably you need to start fresh. Reinstall FSX, download the CS 757 files again from this site using your profile and then install only captain sim 757 without any add-ons. Try with default cessna (engines off etc.)

Sorry, but can't think of anything else. If someone else has any other suggestion...

IP Logged

Luis Costa Clara

Reply #119 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Hi Bobby,

Guess what, I finally have my AP fully functional.
Well to tell the truth, I have installed CS 757 on a spare computer freshly formatted with Windows 7. Now everything is fine. What a pleasure to watch my aircraft smootly turning and crusing along its path Cheesy

Probably my problems were not related directly to CS 757 but to my FSX config (lots of sceneries and other aircrafts add-ons installed). As I did not manage to isolate the problem I cannot give any piece of advice to those who are experiencing the same AP issues. Formating the whole drive and reinstalling from scratch was obviously the last option in my possession...

Anyway, I wish to thank all of you who tried to help me on this. Much appreciated. Have a safe flight with the AP on or not ! Wink

Greetings from France    

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top