Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Send TopicPrint
 25 FMC TIPS,TRICKS,PROCEDURES-the only thread please (Read 233269 times)
gones

FMC SID/STARS help
Reply #45 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 2:33am
Print Post  
Hello fellow simmers,

I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or not, but i just purchased the 757 pro pack, but i cant't get no SID/STARS to appear in the FMC. When I go to the Departure/Arrivals page and select the runways, they simply do not appear. your help would be much apreciated. Thank's!

Gones

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Re: FMC SID/STARS help
Reply #46 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Hi,

Wait for the introduction of the Navigraph's database. CS work with Navigraph for that and they will be available in few weeks.

All the best

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

rupesh

Re: FMC SID/STARS help
Reply #47 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
i too was disappointed to find out the fms was so limited in functionality in the 757 and the database even more limited. there are no sids/stars for most of the airports.

IP Logged

Alcides Segovia

Re: FMC TIPS,TRICKS,PROCEDURES-the only thread please
Reply #48 - Jan 11th, 2009 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
I use FSbuild and then IMport the FP to the CDU. That way FSBUILD automaticly enters the SID STARS Waypoints into the CDU.

IP Logged

Trailboss

Programming FMC--NOT IN DATABASE
Reply #49 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 12:04am
Print Post  
This is driving me nuts!  For several months I've been flying the 757 including programming a flight plan and then the FMC, and everything has worked normally except the swings in the autopilot.   I installed FSUIC 4 and that helped the autopilot problems.  In the last few days I programed a flight plan in Flight Planner, select the 757, install the saved flight plan, then program the CDU. Yesterday I used a saved flight plan, and the CDU told me KABQ was "not in database."  The flight plan never would install, I always got a message saying something to the effect that there was no route installed.  I tried again today with a tried and true route from KRSW to KATL.  The CDU told me KATL wasn't in the database and it wouldn't accept a flight plan.

The only change I've made is to reprogram the autopilot to eliminate the  wild swings reported frequently in another thread.

Any ideas of what's going wrong?

IP Logged

signmanbob

FSX Crashes when Loading Flightplans from FMS
Reply #50 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 5:21am
Print Post  
Is anyone else having a problem with the 4.2 version while loading FS flightplans through the FMS Route page?
When I push the LSL6 button to load the FS flight plan, FSX crashes instantly. Cry

IP Logged

David Zill

Kai Tak navagation data for FMC
Reply #51 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
I was wondering if anyone had a method to add the navagation data for Hong Kong Kai Tak (the old airport).

I have had to manually enter the navagation data for the MD-11 into the navaids file folders, and after that I have the airport, complete with all navagation aids and all SID/STARS.  

I thought I could just copy and paste the data from the MD-11, but Captainsim's FMC data is laid out differently.

I have all the navagation data if it would be helpful for anyone who can come up with a solution.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 4.05GHZ&&XFX nForce 780i SLI Motherboard&&(2) EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ 1GB   SLI Video Cards&&OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) @833Mhz/ 5-4-4-15/2T&&&&

IP Logged

David Zill

Re: Kai Tak navagation data for FMC
Reply #52 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
I have the airport itself and runways on my database, but not the SID/STARS.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 4.05GHZ&&XFX nForce 780i SLI Motherboard&&(2) EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ 1GB   SLI Video Cards&&OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) @833Mhz/ 5-4-4-15/2T&&&&

IP Logged

roger

CPU or FMC approach not showing
Reply #53 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 11:18am
Print Post  
How do I get the approach to show up on the screen It just shows the star no approach markings to correct runway. On others I used in the past when  I activate it will show it .I must be doing something wrong.I select runway then activate  it will show active but no line to runway?

IP Logged

roger

Standard Arrival STAR
Reply #54 - May 14th, 2009 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Why can I not get the STAR to show up on the ND the route is there  but not the STAR is there something I am doing wrong?  This is the captin sim 757 fsx  I have used the another company in the past and it always was there right down to the runway.

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Re: Standard Arrival STAR
Reply #55 - May 14th, 2009 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Hi,

With the current version (4.2) a lot a SIDs STARs APPs are missing. The next upcomming patch (4.3) will add Navdata from the Navigraph. That mean all SIDs STARs APPs will be available like in the real aircraft.

Just wait a bit (around some days/weeks max) and you'll get a great surprise like only Captain Sim can make! Smiley

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

David Zill

Re: Standard Arrival STAR
Reply #56 - May 15th, 2009 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
You can always fly a STAR according to an approach chart. Or, like what I did, I went on to an aircraft which had the STARS, copied down all the waypoint LAT/LON coordinates and added them on my CAPTAINSIM aircraft as waypoints. Once you add the grids, you can edit the particular altitude for each waypoint. When you review your route, it looks just as good as the regular STARS. That is how I fly the Kai Tak IGS 13 approach into Hong Kong for the time being until someone adds the STARS and SIDS  for Kai Tak.

IP Logged

David Zill

4.3 problem
Reply #57 - May 24th, 2009 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Today I programmed a route I flew several times with 4.2, it was RPLL-VHHX. Today when I programmed the route, all that appeared on the display was a dashed blue line, when I clicked activate and execute it did not turn solid and the CDU displayed a message that there was no active flight plan. Does anyone have a quick fix for this?

IP Logged

mtan

STAR not Processed Correctly
Reply #58 - May 30th, 2009 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
I tested the 757 4.3 with a KLAX2KLAS flight. The terminal procedure CLARR2 appeared on the CDU. When selected and executed, the procedure wasn't reflected in the flight path. It just showed DAG to LAS.

Anybody else with STAR problem?  Sad

Regards

Mtan

IP Logged

JayG

Route/Approach problems identified...
Reply #59 - May 31st, 2009 at 4:35am
Print Post  
I, and others, have been having an issue with the FMC and installing a route with an approach. Even when getting all discontinuities removed, there is still a 'gap' in the route, usually from the last fix to the IAF or FAF.

By accident, I think I may have found part, if not all, of the problem with broken route segments. It appears that there are approaches in the 757 database that are not in the FSX database, and when trying to use these, the issue arises.

I discovered this when flying into KRNO. I selected the ILS for 34L in the FMC, which also shows in Airnav.com as a current approach. However I have installed a default FSX GPS in the 75, and looking at the approaches in there, this approach isnt listed.

I then loaded the RNAV 34L approach and everything was perfect on the approach. I left the #1 nav tuned to the ILS, and there was no signal recieved at all, so it definatly seems to be problem.

Just thought others might benifit from this and save a lot of time trying to use an approach that FSX doesn't support.

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top