Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Send TopicPrint
 25 FMC TIPS,TRICKS,PROCEDURES-the only thread please (Read 233284 times)
jerooum

CDU - Route & WP Timing
Reply #120 - May 25th, 2009 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Have now flown several routes following imported FS9 FP.  One of the continuing problems is the forecast ETA for Wp and the destination.  Using either Prog or route data pages, the ETA shown continually oscilate between a reasonable figure and one totally incorrect.

Wonder if anyone has a solution.

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Re: CDU - Route & WP Timing
Reply #121 - May 26th, 2009 at 7:29am
Print Post  
does it the same with an non imported FP ? Try to enter a route on the RTE page (with JETWAY).

Just for testing

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

slakr007

FMS Pre-flight
Reply #122 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 12:13am
Print Post  
I have a few questions about setting up the 757 (version 4.3) FMS during pre-flight.

First, on the Takeoff Ref page, what is the thrust temperature?  Is the outside air temp?  I have seen really large values here in some tutorials...sometimes on the order of 60 deg C with no explanation.  So...I am just not sure what to put here.

Second, I can never get the FMS to display Pre-Flt Complete.  The FMS chapter of the manual says that "PRE-FLT COMPLETE" should be displayed on the Takeoff Ref page if all pre-flight entries have been made.  It goes on to say that the FMS will display a prompt if there are still missing entries.

I have gone through the whole setup process.  I set the inertial reference position, selected a route, selected a SID and a departure runway, selected a STAR and an approach, set the gross weight, reserve fuel, cruise altitude, cost index, set the initial flap setting, guessed on the thrust temperature, and set the takeoff CG.

I get nothing.  No PRE-FLT COMPLETE and no prompt to fill in missing data.

I guess it is OK.  I mean, everything seems to work fine.  I was just wondering if I am missing something.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Re: FMS Pre-flight
Reply #123 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:44am
Print Post  
I get a preflight complete when I finish the takeoff data.  Are you clicking on the LSKs next to your v-speeds to confirm?  CG entered?

I leave the temperature blank.  This might have to do with derated thrust.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32†Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

slakr007

Reply #124 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 4:50am
Print Post  
Bingo, thanks.  Just needed to confirm the v-speeds.

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #125 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 5:23am
Print Post  
slakr007 wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 12:13am:
I have a few questions about setting up the 757 (version 4.3) FMS during pre-flight.

First, on the Takeoff Ref page, what is the thrust temperature?  Is the outside air temp?  I have seen really large values here in some tutorials...sometimes on the order of 60 deg C with no explanation.  So...I am just not sure what to put here.

Second, I can never get the FMS to display Pre-Flt Complete.  The FMS chapter of the manual says that "PRE-FLT COMPLETE" should be displayed on the Takeoff Ref page if all pre-flight entries have been made.  It goes on to say that the FMS will display a prompt if there are still missing entries.

I have gone through the whole setup process.  I set the inertial reference position, selected a route, selected a SID and a departure runway, selected a STAR and an approach, set the gross weight, reserve fuel, cruise altitude, cost index, set the initial flap setting, guessed on the thrust temperature, and set the takeoff CG.

I get nothing.  No PRE-FLT COMPLETE and no prompt to fill in missing data.

I guess it is OK.  I mean, everything seems to work fine.  I was just wondering if I am missing something.

The "Thrust Temperature" is what they refer to as an "Assumed" temperature.  It is used to set a derated thrust.
If you use the actual outside temperature here, you will take off at full thrust.  If you use a temperature that is over the actual outside temperature, you will see a derated thrust of below 98%.  Normally this is used to help extend the life of the engines by taking off with 96% or 94% thrust instead of using more thrust than what is really needed for takeoff.
When you takeoff with derated thrust, you push the thrust levers forward to about 70% N1, then push the "EPR" button on the MCP.  This has to be done before 50kts or it will become disabled until 400AFE.  You will get the message on the PFD annunciator that will say "Thrust Set" with a box around it.
If you see that you need full thrust when taking off, just push the thrust levers forward against the stops and it will over ride the derated setting.

About the FMC, you say you are you putting the "Flap Setting" on the Take-Off page?
Mmmm...your missing something or you will get the Pre-Flight Complete message.  I always get that message.

Are you getting your Vspeeds put in with bold letters on the TakeOff page?

Are you solving any DISCOs in the flightplan?

IP Logged

slakr007

Reply #126 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
signmanbob wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 5:23am:
The "Thrust Temperature" is what they refer to as an "Assumed" temperature.  It is used to set a derated thrust.
If you use the actual outside temperature here, you will take off at full thrust.  If you use a temperature that is over the actual outside temperature, you will see a derated thrust of below 98%.  Normally this is used to help extend the life of the engines by taking off with 96% or 94% thrust instead of using more thrust than what is really needed for takeoff.
When you takeoff with derated thrust, you push the thrust levers forward to about 70% N1, then push the "EPR" button on the MCP.  This has to be done before 50kts or it will become disabled until 400AFE.  You will get the message on the PFD annunciator that will say "Thrust Set" with a box around it.
If you see that you need full thrust when taking off, just push the thrust levers forward against the stops and it will over ride the derated setting.

About the FMC, you say you are you putting the "Flap Setting" on the Take-Off page?
Mmmm...your missing something or you will get the Pre-Flight Complete message.  I always get that message.

Are you getting your Vspeeds put in with bold letters on the TakeOff page?

Are you solving any DISCOs in the flightplan?

Thanks for the explanation about assumed temperature, it makes perfect sense now.

As for the PRE-FLIGHT COMPLETE message, I just needed to confirm the v-speeds.  Everything seems to work great now.

Thanks again.

IP Logged

Paul787

FMC can't find waypoints
Reply #127 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Hello

I have a problem with my 757. Sometimes when I'm trying to put waypoints into FMC/Legs, it says "NOT IN DATA BASE". For example, today I wanted to create fly from KJFK to TJSJ, and it couldn't find 7 waypoints !!!!!!! Is there an update available for FSX to update it, or is there another way to fix it.

Please help me!!!

Regards
Paul

Paul P. Kawalec - KORD - Chicago O'Hare International Airport&&&&Last Flight:&&6-11-11 - B737-700 - Southwest Airlines #2139 - KMDW -> KTPA&&

IP Logged

Schmid

Re: FMC can't find waypoints
Reply #128 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Paul

There are a few reasons for CDU not find fixes/waypoints. The most common is an old AIRAC cycle, which maybe updated - monthly basis if needed - from Navigraph. It is payware but it really worth the money and support team is fantastic. Please check http://www.navigraph.com/www/default.asp

Regards

Schmid

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #129 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Sometime the "problem" can be in the new database, too, since waypoints can drop out.  I drove myself nuts for several days trying to figure out what was wrong, when all it was is that the Navigraph database had changed.  (The problem was their chart didn't match their navdata.)

If that happens, there are no shortage fo fixes, so try picking one close by.

As FSX will never be updated, I sometimes wonder if there will be more and more discrepancies between the latest Navigraph data and what is in FSX.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32†Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Paul787

Reply #130 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Schmid wrote on Aug 27th, 2009 at 6:49pm:
Paul

There are a few reasons for CDU not find fixes/waypoints. The most common is an old AIRAC cycle, which maybe updated - monthly basis if needed - from Navigraph. It is payware but it really worth the money and support team is fantastic. Please check http://www.navigraph.com/www/default.asp

Regards

Schmid

Thank you for help!! I'm going to download it and I hope that it will work.

Thanks again

Paul P. Kawalec - KORD - Chicago O'Hare International Airport&&&&Last Flight:&&6-11-11 - B737-700 - Southwest Airlines #2139 - KMDW -> KTPA&&

IP Logged

audiohavoc

SID/STAR constraints incorrect
Reply #131 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Hello,

When ever I program the 757 fmc with SID and STAR data, the speed and altitude constraints are incorrect in the database (version 4.3)

I asked my father-in-law who has been a long time Boeing pilot, and he said when he programs the 757 fmc, the SID/STAR constraints are correct and all he needs to do is cross check them with the charts.  I have been manually programming them, and of course when I get vectored to a different runway than I have programmed, I have to manually reenter the constraints after activating the flightplan with the new runway selected.

Is this normal, or is their a way to update the nav database so the SID/STAR constraints are accurate according to the Jeppesen charts?

Thank You,

Shane Gavin

EDIT: I downloaded the latest AIRAC and now it seems to work, except that I still have to manually enter speed restrictions of the selected STAR.

MSI P67 GD65, i7 2600K @ 5.0 Ghz, 8GB Mushkin 2133MHz memory, EVGA GTX 580, Thermalright Venomous X CPU cooler, OCZ Fatal1ty 700w PSU, 64GB Kingston V Series SSD Gen 2, 128GB Corsair M4 SSD, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

IP Logged

audiohavoc

Re: FMC TIPS,TRICKS,PROCEDURES-the only thread please
Reply #132 - Oct 15th, 2009 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Sigh...

I am just ran in to another issue.  I was attempting a flight from KSEA to KLAX.  Here was my route:

SUMMA7 SUMMA JINMO Q7 AVE SADDE6

While programming the FMC, I used the SUMMA7 SID with the LKV trans to the JINMO waypoint.  When checking the plan for disco's, the projected flight path did not pass through JINMO.  Additionaly, I attempted to program the SADDE6 STAR with AVE trans and ILS24R approach.  The FMC would simply not provide any route beyond the JAVSI waypoint near KLAX.  The STAR remained incomplete.  I attempted to select RWY24, to no avail.  I have the latest AIRAC update from NAVIGRAPH installed. 

I ended up trying the same route with an MD11, which also has the latest AIRAC database, and everything worked flawlessly. 

Anyone else have issues like this with the fmc?  I really like the CS 757, but issues like this are limiting my ability to use it.

Audiohavoc

MSI P67 GD65, i7 2600K @ 5.0 Ghz, 8GB Mushkin 2133MHz memory, EVGA GTX 580, Thermalright Venomous X CPU cooler, OCZ Fatal1ty 700w PSU, 64GB Kingston V Series SSD Gen 2, 128GB Corsair M4 SSD, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

IP Logged

Palmi

FMC Problem " Please Help
Reply #133 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Hello I am having a problem with my FMC .. I flew from Gatwick to Manchester and i setup the FMC .. The route , the weight and everything . And i went in for STAR at Manchester . But then i saw that the FMC wasn't getting me to the airport .. It just stopped at some waypoint a bit far away . So it didn't give me the CI23R or RW23R as is should do .
Please help me , Palmi Fannar Embarrassed

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: FMC Problem " Please Help
Reply #134 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Hi Palmi

You need to check in the LEGS of your flight plan that there are no ROUTE DISCONTINUITY errors. If there is a WAYPOINT followed by a line with 5 empty boxes, just select the WAYPOINT after the discontinuity and add it in the line with the empty boxes. There could be more than one. So check the entire route.

I hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top