Print Post  
757 Block F v1
Download
FS9.1
WinXP sp2
nVidia geForce
2GB RAM
MD Athlon 3200

OK im now officially flummoxed!!!  How do we get the ZFW for the CDU? I see in the manual that the ZFW is in the form of thousands of lb's with a decimal for the hundreths but where do we find this value?  As its lb's used I changed the international setting of FS9 to US System so everything is in pounds.  When I input a value its says INVALID ENTRY.  I have tried this in the metric settings for FS9 too using the metric equivelant and still get the INVALID ENTRY message.  Please can someone tell me a ZFW value and does the sim have to be in Metric or US System for this to be inputted.  All weights I entered where either from the ACE for the 757 or what I calculated from the aircraft.cfg ie adding the empty weight and the station loads together.

Rich

IP Logged

b757200

Re: ZFW?
Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Enter the total plane weight (dry weight + fuel and cargo if you want to go into exact numbers) in the top field of the same page and the ZFW will be auto calculated.  

The weights in general are the following format X.X, ie 5.5 303.4 200.0 etc whatever the weight in lbs might be

IP Logged

bigtallman

Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
OK I get ya but where can I find the weights to add up?

Rich

IP Logged

Duval

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
When you you are in FS menu:

In the Flight Simulator FUEL AND WHEIGHTS menu something like that.
Bye.

IP Logged

bigtallman

Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Ok heres what I do, I find the dry weight in the aircraft.cfg file to be 129294lb's, add that to the fuel I loaded 26770lb's and add that to the weight i added via the ACE which is 42956lb's.  This equals GW199020lb's.  I try to input this into the GW section of the CDU on the PERF PAGE as 199.0 and still get an INVALID ENTRY message.  Ive tried inputting this figure in different forms ie 199.0, 199.02, 199.1, 199020 etc but still get the INVALID ENTRY message.  Also each time I try and use the payload manager in FS itself I get a CTD.  Scratching my head on this one!  Huh

Rich

IP Logged

bigtallman

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
OK done a complete re install, installed blocks b and c, re started comp, installed block F, restarted comp and I can now input the weights!! I wonder if there is some coflict between the ACE weights section and the FMC as I did not use the ACE this time and everything worked ok.  Just having the same probs as everyone else now with the auto throttle not disconnecting properly on approach ie you disconnect it to fly a manual appraoch and the speed button on the MCP is still illuminated even with autopilots, FD and A/T disconnected.  Also having the brakes message on all the time in flight but thats all I can see wrong at the mo, need to have a closer look at the systems later

Rich

IP Logged

tasev1

Reply #6 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 1:59am
Print Post  
I have the same issue as you.  However, restarting my computer after each install, and going in without ACE did not help my issue.  I STILL get INVALID ENTRY for ZFW or GRW.  All systems up, IRS aligned, there should be no excuse.

Why is the entry not going in?  (In my opinion, the ACE utility should be giving the ZFW, GRW, etc).  The issue with this is that payload reads dfferently from ACE to the FS Load menu (an 850Lb difference!).

IP Logged

Sekhet

Dad, are we there yet?

Reply #7 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 2:29am
Print Post  
The ZFW (Zero Fuel Weight) is just what it says;

The dry weight of the aircraft + the total Payload weight (Pass and cargo) = Zero Fuel Weight (ZFW) Wink

If you add the the fuel into the equation you now have the TGW (Total Gross Weight) or GRW (Gross Weight) of the aircraft.

The FMC knows how much fuel you have in the tanks so if you give it the ZFW it will calculate the TGW or GRW for you.

Just one last "term", TOW (Take Off Weight) this is basicly the TGW at the moment of take off. It is a good pilot that makes sure to never exceed the MTOW (Maximum Take Off Weight), because doing so might break your airplane in two! Cool

Cris B.&&Capt. (Retired) US Airways&&

IP Logged

Stuntie

Reply #8 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 9:40am
Print Post  
ZFW would normally be on the flight plan doc.
Empty weight + cargo and cattle.
Fuel weight would be entered as well on the flight plan.

Weights, like routes can and do change, so they are done for each trip in flight prep, with a final check against the manifest before sign off.

Treat it like the route, a part of the paperwork. The Fuel/Cargo load managers should have that info for you, so note it down whilst loading up.

Either ZFW or GRW need to be manually calculated and manually entered. There is way forthe FMC to automatically populate this. (The other will auto populate once one is entered).

Entry is in thousands of pounds eg 12500 pounds  would be 12.5 etc.
However you can set the FMC to be metric, so check that setting and change it or adjust accordingly.

Note: GRW can exceed MTOW, as the extra fuel can be used for startup and taxi.
As long as you are at or below MTOW before you start your takeoff you are ok.

Cheers&&Stuntie.&&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top