Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
simulating inflight refuel (Read 4579 times)
fael097

needs water-landable fighter
jets!

simulating inflight refuel
Mar 17th, 2008 at 2:26am
Print Post  
hey, i was wondering, since i got the kc-130 and the fa18D, if i can simulate inflight refuel... i tried to add a kc-130 as AI with the SDK trafic toolbox explorer, but i dont know if its possible to extend the drogue when not controlling the tanker... so i tried the opposite, control the hercules and add an f18 as AI, but same thing, i dont know how to extend the refueling probe.... is it even possible? if yes i would like to know how

and also, will the drogue/probe appear on multiplayer? thanks

IP Logged

Frosty

Re: simulating inflight refuel
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2008 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
To answer your question, No, it is not currently possible to perform in-flight refuelling.

If some clever developer figured out a way of passing fuel using something like SimConnect then they would make a fortune  Grin

Steve

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2008 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
fael097 wrote on Mar 17th, 2008 at 2:26am:
hey, i was wondering, since i got the kc-130 and the fa18D, if i can simulate inflight refuel... i tried to add a kc-130 as AI with the SDK trafic toolbox explorer, but i dont know if its possible to extend the drogue when not controlling the tanker... so i tried the opposite, control the hercules and add an f18 as AI, but same thing, i dont know how to extend the refueling probe.... is it even possible? if yes i would like to know how

and also, will the drogue/probe appear on multiplayer? thanks

However, you can make it look like your doing one with recorders, but it won't actually refuel  Sad

IP Logged

fael097

jets!

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 12:41am
Print Post  
if you guys could actually read my post, im not trying to refuel, im only trying to make it look like i am, i wanna put a plane in front of me with a drogue extended, so it will look like.

and btw, yes it is possible to refuel inflight, i found a gauge to do so, but im not interested in refueling from nothing, i just want to put my probe in the boom Smiley

IP Logged

fael097

jets!

Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 12:46am
Print Post  
VFR Reviews wrote on Mar 17th, 2008 at 11:57pm:
However, you can make it look like your doing one with recorders, but it won't actually refuel  Sad

i don't know if there are any other recorders, but FSRecorder won't record scripted animations such as the CS kc-130 's drogue, it will just record some basic keyevents such as flaps, rudder, ailerons, etc (in fact FSRecorder wont even record Xload landing gear animation or loadout)

it's much more simple to place a plane in front of you with the sdk than recording with fsrecorder, i just gotta figure out if its possible to animate the plane that i just positioned as AI. thats what im wondering if anybody knows how to.

IP Logged

wfriedman1971

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 6:26pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top