Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Canadian and RAF J Textures (Read 5040 times)
chazzer

Canadian and RAF J Textures
Feb 15th, 2008 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Dax
Ive Downloaded your C130J ZH881 in Green for FSX. When I select the variant to fly I get A mixture of Canadian AF textures and RAF textures. Ive checked the texures that were downloaded and they seem OK.I have notices that the download from Captain Sims Servers only give texture files not a Download Folder with a file Name like ZH881_X or something Simular.
Is there a problem here or is it me.
Chazzer Wink Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Ex C-130 Aircraft Engineer

Re: Canadian and RAF J Textures
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2008 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Hi Chazzer

I took a look at the textures for the two aircraft.  Like you said they are correct.  I did name all the files making them distinguishable from the FS9 file names.  I believe they got renamed once on the server.  I will include a sub folder on my next ones to make it easier.  I'll have to look a bit further in to this and get back to you.

Dax

IP Logged

rsgunner

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2008 at 2:38am
Print Post  
What I discovered when I converted my J Hurricane Hunter from FS9 to FSX is that it was necessary to remove the letter"J" from the texture names.

When I did that they worked perfectly.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded&&handsomely, but the wings of gold of a&&United States Naval Aviator mean more&&than flying. It is dearly bought, requires &&sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2008 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Thanks for the info on the fix Rsgunner.  I'll give it a bash.

Dax

IP Logged

chazzer

Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Dax
Just an update to my last post.I tried what rgunner suggested and
deleted the J out of all the C130J tecture files that I could,a couple of files would be duplicated if I removed theJ from them so I didnt remove the J from them.
I now have the fully textured C130J Flying in the Flight Simulator  Skies OK.
As a matter of interest I deleted all files and textures with reference to the Canadian AF C130 a couple of days ago before trying the above fix but that didnt seem to do the trick.
The fault is in the first folder named ``texture`` in the base pack as Flight Sim couldnt read the C130 J texture files it resorted to using the default texture files which are the Canadian AF C130 textures.

chazzer Cool Cool Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mjthfx

Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Here's a question.... I have both Extra Packs... Can I use the C-130E Canadian AF repaint and apply it to the others? For example, CAF has C-130H's so I was wondering if I could make a Canadian H out of the existing E textures... Also Canada has 5 of their C-130's with Air to Air Refulers so I want to do the same thing and apply the CAF C-130E to the KC-130 model? Canada has some 130H-30's too I would want to do the same thing

Also Canada is getting some J's too in the next couple of years.

Just wondering while I wait to see if DAX makes up some more CAF repaints  Wink

- Mark Thompson&&
&&System Specs: &&P4 3.2Ghz Hyperthread - 4 GB RAM&&Nvidia 8800GT 512MB - 500 GB SATA HD&&SB Audigy SE sound&&Windows XP Pro (SP3)&&
&&FSX (SP1, SP2) - ASX - X Graphics - UTX - GEXen &&CH Yoke - CH Pedals - CH Pro Throttle - CH Fighterstick - CH Quad Throttle

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Reply #6 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
All you need to do is change the Model number in the Livery.cfg file.  The only one that you will not be able to do is the stretched (-30) ones as they require an additional texture bmp file.  You will be missing some of the details but they will still work.

I do have the CAF CC-130 on my list of converstions so it is only a matter of time.

Dax

IP Logged

mjthfx

Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 2:05am
Print Post  
David Sweetman wrote on Feb 25th, 2008 at 9:11pm:
All you need to do is change the Model number in the Livery.cfg file.

Dax

Dax, tried it and they came out all Black... tried to take the existing 130E CAF and make a 130H but all back plane with no detail or definition so something didn't like something.

It was worth the try... guess I will have to be patient and wait for the real CAF ones from you.

Thanks

MArk

- Mark Thompson&&
&&System Specs: &&P4 3.2Ghz Hyperthread - 4 GB RAM&&Nvidia 8800GT 512MB - 500 GB SATA HD&&SB Audigy SE sound&&Windows XP Pro (SP3)&&
&&FSX (SP1, SP2) - ASX - X Graphics - UTX - GEXen &&CH Yoke - CH Pedals - CH Pro Throttle - CH Fighterstick - CH Quad Throttle

IP Logged

mjthfx

Reply #8 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 2:07am
Print Post  
ShockedOh MAN i've done it now... all the 130H's are BLACK  Cry

Dax any help would be appreciated...

- Mark Thompson&&

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Reply #9 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Hi mjthfx

I'm out in Afghanistan at the moment.  I've not got all my files on my laptop and the internet here is not good enough for me to download stuff.  I'm back near the end of the month so I'll take a look then.

Sorry

Dax

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top