Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
How to get the wipers to work??? (Read 3518 times)
Private-Cowboy

How to get the wipers to work???
Feb 14th, 2008 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Hi there

I love the C-130X and I'm in the process to learn her. I managed a complete start from cold & dark which is the most complex thing I've ever done in FSX. But the darn wipers won't work. I know where the switch for it is, but no matter how I click it it does not change and the wipers do not work.

Any idea???

IP Logged

Benudan

Re: How to get the wipers to work???
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2008 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Work´s only in the VC. Hold Left Mouse Button an Move the Mouse around. Hope that help´s.

IP Logged

Private-Cowboy

Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2008 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the help. I thought I tried that (left click, right click etc in VC) but maybe I've not held and moved. I'll try it again. But I take your answer as proof that the wipers do actually work?

IP Logged

mjthfx

Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2008 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Private Cowboy

I find it extremely difficult to operate the wipers as well. I can't get them every time but this is what works for me
While in VC view, zoom in to the co-pilots arm rest where the button is. I use the space bar (hold it down) and use mouse to look over and my mouse scroll wheel to zoom.

With this larger zoomed in view, i can get the wipers on about 60% of the time. The other 40% i either don't have the time or patience.  Shocked

Hope it helps
Mark in Halifax, NS

- Mark Thompson&&
&&System Specs: &&P4 3.2Ghz Hyperthread - 4 GB RAM&&Nvidia 8800GT 512MB - 500 GB SATA HD&&SB Audigy SE sound&&Windows XP Pro (SP3)&&
&&FSX (SP1, SP2) - ASX - X Graphics - UTX - GEXen &&CH Yoke - CH Pedals - CH Pro Throttle - CH Fighterstick - CH Quad Throttle

IP Logged

Private-Cowboy

Re: How to get the wipers/JATO to work???
Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2008 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Ok, I got it now. It indeed involves holding the mousebutton and pullung the mouse. Not easy but it shows the wipers do acutally work.

I can't say the same from the JATO yet. I've not gotten it to fire. It never gets ready. Is there something special to do?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top