Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
My First Impressions C-130X (Read 1753 times)
Rotorhead

My First Impressions C-130X
Feb 12th, 2008 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
OK, I bit the bullet and purchased the C-130X base kit and the Expan Pack 1.  I was forced...... Tongue

I own the legendary C-130 and several expansions of that kit also.  Very happy with the FS9 version.

This Add-on tops the first.  I haven't flown her much yet but am really happy with her.  A few bumps in the road that required a bit of searching for answers.  But the answers WERE there.

The Sound Blaster issue with one of the GAUs was frustrating but I was surprised that during a "search" there WAS an answer that described the problem and a temp fix or fix.  

Looking for the Flight Manual sent me in circles.....but again, some searching, found them for me on the website.  

A suggestion would be to clump manuals and paintkits on the account page somewhere.  

That said............................I've spent most of my time just "Looking" at her in flight.  GREAT job on the eye candy.  Handles well right out of the box.  I'll get to the nuts and bolts now that i have the manuals...........

Great Job of the Project.  

A Happy Customer
Steve

IP Logged

rsgunner

Re: My First Impressions C-130X
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 2:56am
Print Post  
I have to agree with Steve. I also just purchased the base pack and I am very satisfied.

I spent about an hour or so converting all the FS9 textures I did to DXT5 DDS format.

They work like a champ.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded&&handsomely, but the wings of gold of a&&United States Naval Aviator mean more&&than flying. It is dearly bought, requires &&sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

IP Logged

Private-Cowboy

Re: My First Impressions C-130X
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2008 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
May I ask why DXT5? If you look at the paints that come with the package you'll notive they are DXT1. Beeing DXT1 they are only half the size of DXT5 and perform even better yet don't loose anything visible in respect to quality.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top