Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
USAF Vietnam era repaints (Read 6440 times)
David Sweetman

Ex C-130 Aircraft Engineer

USAF Vietnam era repaints
Feb 2nd, 2008 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Whilst I am waiting for the testing to be completed on my latest 757 repaint I started work on a series of USAF C-130 requests.  Mostly are for Vietnam era scheme's.  Here is the first.  (In testing) It will be both FS9/FSX compatable.

I could also do with some help.  This aircraft (63-779) has a very quiet history.  I have only found small references to it and I was wondering if anyone had any idea what unit it comes from?
I searched various sites and the tail code "DZ" doesn't exists.  Not sure if it is a code from a Vietnam based aircraft.
Any help would be appreciated.

Dax

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Ex C-130 Aircraft Engineer

Re: USAF Vietnam era repaints
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Here are the five USAF repaints I have uploaded to the CS server.  I will also post them at Avsim.

All are from my request list.

Dax

All repaints are FSX and FS9 compatable.

IP Logged

rsgunner

Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Dax

Great work.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded&&handsomely, but the wings of gold of a&&United States Naval Aviator mean more&&than flying. It is dearly bought, requires &&sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

IP Logged

chazzer

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 7:33am
Print Post  
Dax
While we are talking repaints have you noticed that the C130J from Captain Sims Expansion pack has 2 different serial numbers?
882 on the nose 882 on the tail and XV300 by the para door. Just a minor issue I know but worth pointing out I have altered mine to ZH882 and it looks ok. Also the C130J`s in RAF service dont have the limited propellor line on the fuselage do they so again Ive altered mine to show no line.
Chazzer Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

USMC6044

Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Hey Dax,

Well I have done some searching as well and the only thing i can find DZ to reference to in Vietnam is Drop Zone. Its also be hard to find pics of the c-130 in Vietnam. Found a few but I can find a whole lot more of the helo ops but then again being a Marine I know more of the squadrons that had helos there. Hopeing this helps you some im going to contact a few guys from the air force that served in Vietnam and see if they can shed some light on it for us. Do you have an actual picture of the a/c?

Robert

Asus A8NSLI deluxe &&AMD 4800+ ATHLON 64 X2 DUAL-CORE&&XFX GeFORCE 8800 GTS 320MB&&500 GIG Western Digital SATA HD&&4 gigs Ram&&win xp pro sp2&&Ch products Yoke,Pedals, and Throttle Quad&&700watt Thermal Take PS

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top