Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
condition levers and FSUIPC4 (Read 3294 times)
krswen

condition levers and FSUIPC4
Dec 28th, 2007 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Can the condition levers be programmed as axes for use on a CHP quadrant with FSUIPC4 (payware version)?

krswen

IP Logged

Hodge

Re: condition levers and FSUIPC4
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Hi

Yes you can assign the condition levers for the C-130 from FSUIPC in a fashion, by that I mean if you have a spare axis you can go to the FSUIPC Axis Assignment Page press the Rescan Button and move the axis you want to program.

Then click on the Send Axis to FSUIPC for Calibration button, and choose Prop Pitch.

Now you need to go to the Joystick Calibration Page of FSUIPC and select page 2 to calibrate your axis for Prop Pitch, and calibrate your axis using one of the choices below.

1.      Calibrate on Page 2 without mapping to 4 Prop Pitches. This option will give a range from High End of Axis = RUN to Low End of Axis = GROUND STOP (it still moves all 4 condition levers though).
2.      Go to Page 2 and select Prop Pitch Mapped to 4, this will send you to Page 5 for calibration where you can select a centre point for the axis, using this method will give you a range from High End of Axis = RUN, Mid Range of Axis = GROUND STOP and LOW End of Axis = Feather (again on all 4 condition leavers)

In both the above you will have to use a mouse click to select air start on the condition leavers.

My own set-up is the one listed first as I prefer to be able to feather the prop’s individually. And unless your having a really bad day it will be rare to have to Air Start all 4 engines at once.

There probably is a better way to program the axis using FSUIPC but I’ve never really got into programming the offsets for individual functions inside FS9 or FSX, but you could have a look through the FSUIPC Forum (accessed through the FSUIPC Web site) if you want to delve deeper into this.

Hope this helps

Jim / UK

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top