Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Crew callouts question (Read 5006 times)
Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Crew callouts question
Sep 5th, 2007 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I have a question. Its not really a problem, but I was checking the 707 Extra's page on the website and it said...

Quote:
Unlimited language extension also available.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/b707/extras.html

So, my question is: Where do we get the extensions?  Huh Thanks in advance for the help.

Don't let the game be the master, be the master of the game.&&------------------------------------------------------------&&&&Boeing 707-300 Cargo Captain

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: Crew callouts question
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 6:54am
Print Post  
This means you may add the unlimited number of extensions.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 7:12am
Print Post  
Ah, OK. Do you know where I can get them from?

Don't let the game be the master, be the master of the game.&&------------------------------------------------------------&&&&Boeing 707-300 Cargo Captain

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
The unlimited extension means you may create the extension and add it yourself.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
How do you create the extensions? Also can you download some from websites, like AVSIM for example? Thanks for your help so far. Smiley

IP Logged

sparksnmagic

Reply #5 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Could you define "extensions", what they're used for, why I would create any, and how they would be implemented?  Guess this is an undocumented feature -- or if it is documented, I haven't found it yet.  I'm under the impression that crew call-outs for V-speeds are supposed to be here?  I get the chatter associated with push-back, etc., but no "real" call-outs from the copilot.  Your assistance would be appreciated.

><((((º>      ·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º> &&           `·.¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>&&¯`·...¸><((((º> S P A R K S n M A G I C&&                          .·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #6 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
It certinaly isn't in the manual, that's for sure.

IP Logged

sparksnmagic

Reply #7 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Pash, are YOU getting crew callouts?

><((((º>      ·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º> &&           `·.¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>&&¯`·...¸><((((º> S P A R K S n M A G I C&&                          .·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Yes, I do. I get them when I do a pushback and when I press on the window for the crew callouts too.

IP Logged

sparksnmagic

Reply #9 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Those, I get, because they're manually initiated.  What I'm NOT getting is the copilot callouts, like "V1", "Rotate", "Positive Rate", etc.  Do you get those?

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #10 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Oh, no I don't get that. I think that's only available for the 727. The 707 doesn't have that.

IP Logged

sparksnmagic

Reply #11 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
According to the bottom right of the Operations Manual pg 21, we SHOULD be getting those callouts.

I don't have the CS 727, but perhaps those wav files are buried in the SOUND folder for that aircraft?  Look and see if there are, if you own it, and if so, maybe a little copying to the 707 SOUND folder might fix it.  If it does, let me know.  If this is just a case if missing wav files, that'd be easy to resolve.  Let me know if you have the 727, and if those wave files exist!

IP Logged

sparksnmagic

Reply #12 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Research leads me to believe the missing sounds may be buried in the cs.sound.dat / b707Snd.ini combo.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #13 - Sep 18th, 2007 at 10:07am
Print Post  
I don't have the CS 727, but I do have the 707. However, this sound package is called the 'check and set' I belive. And on the CS 707 webpage it says...

Quote:
The package includes a set of Captain, Stewardess and Ground crew callouts and announcements recorded by real pilot, stewardess and engineer.

Performing pre-flight (using TCE) you can select your crew nationality from the list and enjoy your native accent\language during a flight.

Unlimited language extension also available.

* Package does not include "Check & Set" interactive voice package, which was included in "Legendary 727" package.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/b707/extras.html

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top