Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Watch Out ALL NVIDIA Drivers Users! (Read 23612 times)
Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Watch Out ALL NVIDIA Drivers Users!
Aug 6th, 2007 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Watch Out ALL NVIDIA Drivers Users.!

I RUN INTO SOME INTERSTING INFO ABOUT NVIDIA DRIVERS.

post at simviation forums
by nick n.

IF YOU DONT KNOW ,NIVIDA ADDS PROFILES FOR FS9 AND FSX TO ITS DRIVERS.

THOSE PROFILES OVERRIDE ANY SETTINGS YOU MAKE AND S**** YOU UP WHEN TRYING TO GET THINGS

TWEAKED. GET RID OF THEM AND SET UP THE DRIVERS CORRECTLY.

DELETE ALL THE PROFILES IN THE NIVIDIA DRIVERS AND RESET EVERYTHING WITH THE PROGRAM

CALLED NHANCER http://www.nhancer.com/

THIS PROGRAM WAS RECOMMENDED BY A NVIDIA TESTER WHO KNOWS WHAT NVIDIA HAS DONE... ITS

WRONG AND FORCES FSX OR OTHER GAMES TO RUN WHAT NVIDIA WANTS... AND YOU NEVER KNEW IT, NO

MATTER HOW YOU SET YOUR DRIVERS.

AN ISSUE OF CORRUPT PROFILES HAS SURFACED TOO, SO GET RID OF ALL THE PROFILES AND SET YOUR

DRIVERS UP MANUALLY

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL NHANCER, RUN IT AND REMOVE ALL PROFILES. IT MAKES A BACKUP OF THEM SO

YOU CAN RESTORE ONE OR ALL OF THEM IF YOU EVER WANT TO

BUILD YOUR OWN PROFILES FOR YOUR GAMES. DO NOT ALLOW NVIDIA TO MAKE THOSE SETTINGS CHOICES

FOR YOU

ONCE ALL PROFILES ARE DELETED THEN SET UP A NEW PROFILE FOR FSX AND THE GLOBAL DRIVERS

USING NHANCER AS FOLLOWS:

ENHANCEMENTS:
AA: CHECKED WITH A BULLET IN SUPERSAMPLING TO SHOW THE FOLLOWING SETTINGS:

Combined 8XS NOTE: 4xS FOR SLOWER CARDS

UNDER 1x2 SS + 4x MS

Gamma correction ON

DO NOT ENABLE THE SECOND SUPERSAMPLE FEATURE IN THIS AREA

AF: CHECKED

16X

VERTICAL SYNC: CHECKED

APPLICATION: CHECKED

OPTIMIZATIONS Tab:

Texture Filtering - High Quality
Trilinear Opt - Off
Aniso. sample opt. - Off
Negative LOD BIAS - Clamp

COMPATABILITY TAB SETTINGS:

REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CPU YOU USE

FOR WINDOWSXP SET CPU TO SINGLE CORE.
FOR WINDOWS VISTA SET CPU TO MULTICORE .

SAVE THE PROFILE AND ASSIGN IT TO FSX.EXE

MOVE THE BULET TO GLOBAL AND MAKE THE SAME SETTINGS AS ABOVE

SET NHANCER TO RUN WITH WINDOWS TO ENSURE THE NVIDIA DRIVERS DO NOT DEFAULT BACK TO

NVIDIA'S RESTRICED SETTINGS.

IN FLIGHT SIMULATOR, SET THE FOLLOWING:

AA to unchecked and the filtering to Trilinear

SEE IF THAT MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE

WHEN YOU UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS YOU MUST RERUN NHANCER AND REPEAT THE ABOVE PROCESS.

SPECIAL NOTE

If you are using LCD with a refresh rate of 60Hz, try setting the frame lock to UNLIMITED

or 31, then try 60FPS and see if it smoothes out to melted butter. If it does but you see

intermittent stutters, your TBM or autogen values may be too high. For 512 and up cards I

recommend a TBM of 100-120

LCD is known for allowing a superior smooth and higher average frame rate @ unlimited -or

a value that runs in sync with the refresh rate if the unit runs a base timing of 60Hz

DO NOT USE FFTF, especially for dual core systems... DELETE IT FROM THE FSX.CFG FILE

The SWAP WAIT TIMEOUT when increased from the default of 30 to 32-35 will reduce blurs but

increase stutters. Forget anything you thought you knew about that setting. It has NO

RELATIVE relationship to the frame lock. Reduce/increase it by as little as 2 has the same

affect on blurs/stutters as reducing/INCREASING the FFTF before SP1

If you use a high TBM, leave the SWAP WAIT @ 30. If you use a lower TBM you can increase

the SWAP WAIT by 2, 4, 6 and observe the changes in ground textures. If stutters appear,

reduce TBM by 10-20 or reduce the SWTO

Also,increasing the scenery radius to 6.5 helps with blurs.. this IS TRUE but it also

increases disk access. Increasing that to 5, 5.5, 6, or 6.5 can be experimented with

however it also relates to the AUTOGEN slider.

read more here:

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1183998514

HOPS ITS HELPS.

I will try to get more infomation about this.

PS - Sorry about the long text and Capital letters, I copied and pasted this.  Embarrassed

Don't let the game be the master, be the master of the game.&&------------------------------------------------------------&&&&Boeing 707-300 Cargo Captain

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Re: Watch Out ALL NVIDIA Drivers Users!
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
OK guys, I have more info.

I did a bit of research on this "NHANCER" thingy. Apparently its not new. Its been out for a while. It claims that nVidia drivers can reduce your gaming performance. I don't know if this is true but the program itself isn't a virus as I though it could be. In fact, when you download it it will make a copy of your driver, and then modify it so that it doesn't make a profile out of you and you can keep changing stuff in FS. Why the copy? Because if you don't like it it will change everything back the way it was. I haven't confirmed thing myself but the guy who made this is (and I don't know if this is true) was/is a nVidia tester and he found this out. He then went and made the program.

Now, if nVidia really does do this I don't know. I'm still looking into it but if anyone has any info please share it.

Don't let the game be the master, be the master of the game.&&------------------------------------------------------------&&&&Boeing 707-300 Cargo Captain

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
I have more info: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=263&topic_id=23202&mesg_...

It seems this is true. Anyone who has a nVidia like I do should get this.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
I have nvidia and vista what should I do?
thanks

----------|-----------&&--------_____--------&&_______(~~)_______&&-@-@-|--|--|-@-@--&&----Boeing 707-----

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 3:23am
Print Post  
I am having problems having repaints that I add to the aircraft config show up in the aircraft selection menu, could this be a result of the nvidia drivers and if so what should I do if I am running vista?
thanks for the help
anthony

----------|-----------&&--------_____--------&&_______(~~)_______&&-@-@-|--|--|-@-@--&&----Boeing 707-----

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 9:29am
Print Post  
wabash10 wrote on Aug 7th, 2007 at 3:23am:
could this be a result of the nvidia drivers and if so what should I do if I am running vista?

I don't think this is due to nVidia, but could be. I still recommend downloading this "nHancer" thing. It is compatible with Vista.  Smiley

Quote:
I am having problems having repaints that I add to the aircraft config show up in the aircraft selection menu,

Could you tell me more about the problem. What exactly do you do to add aircraft repaints. Normally, you have to download the textures (AVSIM has the most) and extract them (because they come as ZIP files) into the "varients" folder located in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Captain_Sim\707\variants

Then, open TCE and click "Texturing". Click "Select Variation" and select the folder with
the textures. Click "OK" and then make sure this is the livery you want to install. If it
is, click "Add Variation". If it isn't, either click "Select Variation" again or press
"EXIT". Once you press "OK, your variation will be installed.

This should work.  Wink

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Not for the captainsim, thankfully, just in general with other aircrafts.
Thanks for any help you can give me

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Well, download nHancer and then read my post. It will tell you how to use it. I think this problem applies for all nVidia drives. The download is also compatible with Vista.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #8 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Okay when I go to run the nhancer, I get an error. Error reading xml file 'C:Windows\system32\nvapps.xml': there is an error in the XML document (1885, 5).

I don't know what is going on
Please Help

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #9 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Could be a faulty download. Try downloading it again.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Same thing, I am not sure, do you think this is what is causing the aircraft menu not to refresh after a change in the aircraft config? I have a few aircrafts that won't change, the esdg cx, the pss 757, but I have some that do change. I don't know what is going on, However I don't know if this could contribute but when I change something in the config the first time and try to save it won't let me so what I do is I save to the desktop and move it in and copy and replace. the aircraft config wasn't read only when I first tried to save though. after doing the copy and replace i can save any changes I make without a problem but they don't show up in the aircraft selection menu.
thanks

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
wabash10 wrote on Aug 7th, 2007 at 6:24pm:
Same thing, I am not sure, do you think this is what is causing the aircraft menu not to refresh after a change in the aircraft config?

From what I've heard, that is supposed to be but I'm not 100% sure.

Quote:
I have a few aircrafts that won't change

That could be because of Vista. You should go to where you got it and look for an update. Most add-on companys will have one or be making one.

I don't quite know much about this nHancer thing. I'll ask the guy at Just Flight Forum about your problem. They might help more.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #12 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 5:35am
Print Post  
Okay, I figured out the aircraft.cfg problem, the uac vista setting was the problem, i had to disable it on my entire machine though, does anyone know how to disable uac just for individual folders?
thanks

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #13 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 7:02am
Print Post  
So is everthing okay now? I'll look over the internet for that vista setting thing. What is its full name?

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #14 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 7:35am
Print Post  
Okay buddy, here is what the guys at Just Flight Forum said:

Quote:
The website has also been revamped completely:

www.nhancer.com

For those of you who still don't know what I'm talking about, here a summary about nHancer from its website:

nHancer

Advanced Control Panel and Profile Editor for nVidia cards
Also see the notes about Vista compatibility in our news

http://www.nhancer.com/?dat=news

Now New released:
Downloads
Latest release version: 2.2.3 Apr 22nd 2007

http://www.nhancer.com/?dat=downloads

System requirements for nHancer
Any nVidia GeForce graphic card
Windows 2000, XP, 2003 or Vista
Forceware driver version 60 or higher
MS .NET Framework 2.0

The new version of nHancer is finally officially released.

Quote:

Hi all I tried to get the nHancer to work and it brought up error message and would not allow me to even get into the program.
I tried and remove it from my system and then reinstalled it again but it would not allow access to program.
Help would be appreciated on this one.

here is the error!! error reading XML file 'c:windowssystem32\nvapps.xml': there is an error in XML document (1,2).

ok fixed it:

i went in to c:/windows/system32/ and found nvapps and deleted it and nhancer works again!!!! woot!!!! also this is ver.220

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top