Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Slew tip (Read 4704 times)
ccoles3

Slew tip
Jan 9th, 2007 at 7:35pm
Print Post  

This my be obvious to some , but this really improved the SSO simulation for me:

I have 2 HAT buttons on my Joystick, this has allowed me to reassign one of those HAT switches  to control the Slew commands (Slew left /right and Slew pitch up/down). This has made a big difference for me and I recommended that you do the same if you are lucky enough to have a spare HAT switch to. It is a lot more initiative using a HAT, much better than trying navigate the keyboard commands.

The more I play with SSO the more I enjoy it, I hope there is an update soon to fix the bugs and re-skin the GPS.

Good work Captain Sim! Grin

Regards,

Chris

IP Logged

SabreHawk

Re: Slew tip
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2007 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Say, that's a good idea. You must have the same stick as I do, the Saitek X52. Cheesy

Sounds good, I'll try that, yeah im not fond of using keys to control in that way either. I have that second hat switch set up in this way in "Orbiter" to control the RCS, and the pinky switch to switch between rotation, and translation. Works very well.

IP Logged

Deathcoffin

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2007 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
I also have the x52 so im gonna map it to the bottom hat(the one below the fire button) but i have no idea. Any tips? Like which command in the controls option to use. Smiley

IP Logged

SabreHawk

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2007 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Yeah, use the profiler software that comes with your stick it's quite easy to use. I had to with orbiter. Was the only way I think if I remember correctly( at least with Orbiter it was.) Just remember that once the auto guidance shuts off and takes you out of slew mode later in the flight you back to the stick itself and dont try using the hat you set up for this after that.  Wink

IP Logged

Deathcoffin

Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2007 at 7:53am
Print Post  
So what are the default keys to slewing forward,backward,left,right,and maybe up and down? If there are any..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top