Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Need help locating instrument panel lights (Read 3164 times)
cbrookhart

Need help locating instrument panel lights
Jan 7th, 2007 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
I am having difficulty locating the instrument panel lights. Yesterday, I tried to do a startup of the C-130 in the cold and dark environment, but did not get very far because I couldn't see anything.  I understand from reading the flight manual that the instrument panel lights are on the pilots side shelf. I am in the virtual cockpit view, but I simply don't see anything that is represented in the pilots side shelf diagram in the flight manual.

IP Logged

Carter

Re: Need help locating instrument panel lights
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2007 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Look to your left & behind a little, it's under the side windows. Should be 5 knobs.

IP Logged

ivorbigunuk

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2007 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
First off did you have power on, external or battery. No power no lights.

IP Logged

cbrookhart

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2007 at 6:34am
Print Post  
I was able to find the instrument panel lights. I suppose the first problem was trying to do a cold and dark at night, I couldn't see the knobs to turn.

Another thing I noticed is that after opening and closing certain panels during the startup, the virtual cockpit view seems to switch from an inside view to an outside view. When I switch to the virtual cockpit view and I am looking outside, I have trouble trying to get back to the inside virtual cockpit. That might have been another reason I couldn't find the instrument panel light.

IP Logged

Lazerxxx

Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 5:55am
Print Post  
cbrookhart wrote on Jan 8th, 2007 at 6:34am:
Another thing I noticed is that after opening and closing certain panels during the startup, the virtual cockpit view seems to switch from an inside view to an outside view. When I switch to the virtual cockpit view and I am looking outside, I have trouble trying to get back to the inside virtual cockpit. That might have been another reason I couldn't find the instrument panel light.

I know this thread is very old, but Imma gonna answer it anyway.
If you are getting the outside view from the VC then you have left one of the OH panels open on the 2D views. Go ack to your 2D view and make sure you have one of the pilot seats selected.
I had this happen to me and I was rather upset about it. Didn't take me long to figure out that it was the previously mentioned problem.
Hope this helps you or anyone else having this issue.  Wink

Hayden Laffoon

&& &&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top