Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
How about a non-paint repaint? (Read 1086 times)
Ziggy

How about a non-paint repaint?
Jun 8th, 2006 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Guys, I’m impressed with the number of painters in the forum, a talent that has thus far eluded me (I wouldn’t know where or how to begin to acquire such skill). In reviewing the 100 + liveries currently available for downloading, I have observed, with few exceptions, they’re all pretty much the same with only subtle differences distinguishing unit or national identification. I’m sure that this distinction is meaningful to some, but as a simmer without portfolio, I’m only interested in the ecstatic value of aircraft featuring significant differences. I find myself flying the USCG version 75 % of the time. It is truly a work of art. I can’t understand with over a 100 versions of the Herc out there that nobody has developed a bare metal version? You know nice shinny reflective aluminum. I know it’s doable as at least one of MS9’s default Boeing 737s uses it on the aircraft’s underbelly. I’ve written to Dax about undertaking the project and he has indicated that it’s difficult to do those textures. Perhaps CS’s “bare metal” 3 prop expansion model will answer the mail? My USCG livery needs some down time for maintenance. --- Ziggy Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

Chris Dittmar

Re: How about a non-paint repaint?
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2006 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
I was actually in the process of doing a bare metal with markings -- but it is fictional and for humor, as i was making a "modern" version of what "Air America" would be like if they used hercs LOL

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Ziggy

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2006 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
I was actually in the process of doing a bare metal with markings -- but it is fictional and for humor, as i was making a "modern" version of what "Air America" would be like if they used hercs LOL

Tou-che Chris! I’m pretty much relying on memory, but I simply can’t remember any of the USAF Airlift Command aircraft pre-Vietnam with paint jobs other than occasional nose art and identification markings? I seem to recall the A-B & C models all as bare metal? I surely have photographs of the Herc’s predecessors, the C-119 and C-123 as bare metal. Who knows, at my age I have trouble remembering where I left my teeth the night before. Regardless my friend, if someone would build it I would fly it!  Cry Cry Ziggy

IP Logged

Chris Dittmar

Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2006 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Aye it's a C-123 I was basing this on, and it is nothing but bare metal and no nose art at all.  basically it is just a mater of removing the "Air Force" layers from the paint kit and adjusting the alpha channels to toss in reflectivity over the already present grey color of the aircraft.  I ended up with MAJOR hours at work and flight school, so havent even touched my sim in over a week, though.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top