Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Wing Views (Read 1845 times)
Nic

Wing Views
Apr 15th, 2006 at 8:25am
Print Post  
Hi Guys
I'm new to this flightsim stuff so please go gentle!!!
Recently bought the C130 and overall am very pleased with it,
however If I run with the V.C my scenery refresh is slow on loading
up, I've fiddled with the GF6800,FS9.CFG but to no avail.

Not to worry I'm more than happy with the 2d cockpit where I can run
really good frame rates and good refresh rates also. Now to the
question ( I never thought I was going to get there) Wink

Is there anyway to have the wing view visible from the cockpit when
looking over your virtual shoulder with the V.C DISABLED?

If I have all the options checked I get the wing view in 2D,but not
when I disable the V.C cockpit.

Hope someone can give me an answer or advice, on how to do this in simple terms
I'm not too good with computers Embarrassed Wink

Happy flying

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Ex C-130 Aircraft Engineer

Re: Wing Views
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2006 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
The wing veiws are linked to the VC, turning it off disables them.

Dax

IP Logged

Ziggy

Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2006 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Other than the passenger wing views, I've got no idea what you guys are talking about. I've never been able to view either wing from the flight deck, 2D or VC. That said, it appears that our new arrival has much more serious issues that he should be addressing. I can't imagine disabling the VC. CS's Herc is a work of art that should be hanging in the Louve. It is bloody criminal to modify it to fit one's system. If your system can't handle it, get a new system. The Herc is that good--- Ziggy Cry

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Ex C-130 Aircraft Engineer

Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Ziggy wrote on Apr 16th, 2006 at 10:14pm:
Other than the passenger wing views, I've got no idea what you guys are talking about. I've never been able to view either wing from the flight deck, 2D or VC. That said, it appears that our new arrival has much more serious issues that he should be addressing. I can't imagine disabling the VC. CS's Herc is a work of art that should be hanging in the Louve. It is bloody criminal to modify it to fit one's system. If your system can't handle it, get a new system. The Herc is that good--- Ziggy Cry

As much I agree with you Ziggy I have a very limited resorces when it comes to my computer hobby. I have a kid in boarding school, another whishing to go, a house to pay for and lots of bills. I know that the VC is a fantastic peice of work by the CS team but there are also peeps like me with limited funds, and a computer upgrade is a very low priority in my houshold. I do envy all those who can run the vc and enjoy it's splender but I am realistic and I love the 2D just as much.
I would rather have a better frame rate to enjoy the flight dynamics than a stuttering frame rate with VC. Sorry CS team for not being able to use your amazing C-130 to its full potentual but thanks for the effort but I will have to stick to the 2D for now.

Dax

IP Logged

Ziggy

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Wow, I guess I asked for that! I assumed that anyone springing the big bucks for CS's Herc software could afford a system to handle it. Without a doubt it is the most resource hungry program I've ever run. As you probably know CS published minimal & "recommended system requirements" for the Herc. I've found even the "recommended" requirements somewhat wanting. The problem CS has is trying to satisfy the insatiable. You only have to review some of the comments posted on this web site to realize how knowledgeable & demanding these guys are. I sincerely apologize for my thoughtless comments. Do enjoy your flight and I sincerely wish that you have the opportunity in the foreseeable future to take full advantage of the program's magnificent features.  Embarrassed Ziggy

IP Logged

sergios

Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2006 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
New motherboard with Intel P4 2.8 GHz    300.00
New Video Card Nvidia 6800 OC   400.00
2 GB High Performance Memory 250.00

Being able to see all the bells and whistles in your 50.00 C-130      PRICELESS!

It took me over two years savings and stealing money from my wife, not to mention hiding the C130 purchase receipt, and let me tell you... this baby ROCKS!

Still, with this system, the VC load takes a few seconds to stabilize... once youre there... OMG!

Building your own system is fun, and if you know where youre heading is easy to get the parts at good price at newegg or zipzoomfly

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top