Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Does Your ACE Work? (Read 6649 times)
Andy0233

Does Your ACE Work?
Jan 27th, 2006 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
I reported this problem in the 'bugs' section recently, but it seems to have disappeared (not moved, just GONE!).  Huh  Anyway, in case I've broken some secret rule of posting, I'll try again here.

Is there a known bug of any kind within the ACE?  Mine won't apply the fuel and payload settings once I start MSFS.  That is: if I select, say, 45% fuel in all tanks, this isn't what I get according to FS2004/fs9's fuel setting panel.  Similarly, no matter what payload I select, once the sim loads, the Herc is always empty.  Am I missing the point here, or is the depiction of containers, guns, vehicles, etc, just for visual show in the ACE itself, and not within the cargo hold of the aircraft?

Just to point out - I AM using ACE correctly, as per instructions.  Fantastic sim, though, despite all the bugs.

IP Logged

Uhu_Fledermaus

Re: Does Your ACE Work?
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Huh

if my memory serves me right than you have to make shure that fs9 is NOT running when you use the ACE Utility to save changes to your aircraft.

fled
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Murray_CYHZ

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Andy:

Mine does not work properly either. The cargo load works but the fuel load does not. This problem is actually mentioned by one of the reviewers (on AVSIM I think) as not working properly. I assume they are working on a fix ??? But I don't know.

Oh, and the cargo load depictions in the ACE are just that (I think) as I do not see any actually containers in the hold. But as I said, the proper "weights" show up in FS.

Murray Wheten&&&&

IP Logged

Andy0233

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Uhu_Fledermaus wrote on Jan 27th, 2006 at 9:47pm:
Huh

if my memory serves me right than you have to make shure that fs9 is NOT running when you use the ACE Utility to save changes to your aircraft.

fled
Roll Eyes

Thanks for your reply, Fled.

Like I said, I'm using ACE correctly (ie; open ACE first, select loadouts, etc, then click 'Fly Now' to start fs9).

If others have experienced problems with ACE, please report it.  It's still a part of the package and I'm sure Captain Sim will want to know about it.  Wink

IP Logged

Andy0233

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Andy:

Mine does not work properly either. The cargo load works but the fuel load does not. This problem is actually mentioned by one of the reviewers (on AVSIM I think) as not working properly. I assume they are working on a fix ??? But I don't know.

Oh, and the cargo load depictions in the ACE are just that (I think) as I do not see any actually containers in the hold. But as I said, the proper "weights" show up in FS.

Thanks, Murray.

Wonder why they 'ditched' my original reporting of this in the bug section?  Huh  Anyway, somebody knows about it now, so let's hope they get around to fixing it, some day.  It doesn't matter too much at present.  Still lovin' my Herk'.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Concerning the payload - please read this: http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/kb.pl?qid=360
Concerning the fuel - please check your e-mail.

IP Logged

svail1224

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Capt Sim,

In reference to your reply above, does this mean you will send a fix for the ACE fuel config to our e-mails?  If so, I would like to have this as I have the same problem as stated above.

Thanks ~

SVail

P4, 3.2g
1.5g RAM
GForce 6800GT
Sound Blaster Audio 2 ZS

IP Logged

Aaron6256

Reply #7 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
I too would like an e-mail. I am having the same problem with the ace. Smiley

Former KC-130 Airframes mechanic&&T-44 Airfames & Powerplants mechanic.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
There  answer is now here: http://captainsim.com/cgi-bin/kb.pl?qid=414.

IP Logged

Murray_CYHZ

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Jan 31st, 2006 at 3:49pm:
There  answer is now here: http://captainsim.com/cgi-bin/kb.pl?qid=414.

Sorry, but that does not solve the problem. Within ACE, if I set a fuel load (let's say 50% in each tank) and then click SAVE and then FLY NOW, the fuel load is correct. Great, thanks! But If I set a fuel load (let's say 50% again in each tank) and then click SAVE and then SAVE again (not FLY NOW), the fuel is not correct. It is set at 100% for 6 tanks and 74% for the "mystery" tank.

Could you look at that please.

Thanks!

Murray Wheten

Murray Wheten&&&&

IP Logged

theundertaker1998

Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
I get the exact same results as Murray.  The only way to get the Fuel, and Payload to go in, is to Save it, and to Fly Now.  Additionaly, the cockpit section on occasion will not remember its settings when I open it, where all the other sections will.  Not a big deal, just thought I would mention that.  

And I get a 'List out of bounds' error when loading the last added aircraft in the list after a while.  I have to remove it, and re-add it.  

James

IP Logged

Aaron6256

Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Jan 31st, 2006 at 3:49pm:
There  answer is now here: http://captainsim.com/cgi-bin/kb.pl?qid=414.

Sorry, but that does not solve the problem. Within ACE, if I set a fuel load (let's say 50% in each tank) and then click SAVE and then FLY NOW, the fuel load is correct. Great, thanks! But If I set a fuel load (let's say 50% again in each tank) and then click SAVE and then SAVE again (not FLY NOW), the fuel is not correct. It is set at 100% for 6 tanks and 74% for the "mystery" tank.

Could you look at that please.

Thanks!
Murray Wheten

That's what I thought was already said here. I guess I read it wrong. You put it very well. Thanks for the flynow tip.I just don't like how the flynow takes you directly to whatever the default flight is that you have set up. Anyway, I agree it should be fixed. 

Former KC-130 Airframes mechanic&&T-44 Airfames & Powerplants mechanic.

IP Logged

Murray_CYHZ

Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2006 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Hello CS!

If you have read my last post in this thread, could you please respond. It is a little troublesome for me to keep checking this forum to see if you have responded.

I am not too concerned if this feature works or not. But, if you tell me/us what you are planning, at least I can get on with it and not have to waste my time here.

Thank you in advance for your response!

Murray Wheten&&&&

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #13 - Feb 1st, 2006 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Sorry for inconvenience, but due to MSFS limitations the desired fuel settings will be saved ONLY if you press 'Save', then 'Fly Now'. When you press 'Save', then 'Save', MSFS loads flight with default fuel settings.
The question is now here: http://captainsim.com/cgi-bin/kb.pl?qid=415
Thank you for understanding.

IP Logged

Flying Tigress

Reply #14 - Feb 1st, 2006 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Hey, thanks! That does indeed work.  Cool  Big timesaver.

IP Logged

Murray_CYHZ

Reply #15 - Feb 1st, 2006 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Feb 1st, 2006 at 12:01pm:
Sorry for inconvenience, but due to MSFS limitations the desired fuel settings will be saved ONLY if you press 'Save', then 'Fly Now'. When you press 'Save', then 'Save', MSFS loads flight with default fuel settings.
The question is now here: http://captainsim.com/cgi-bin/kb.pl?qid=415
Thank you for understanding.

Hi CS! Thanks for your response.

Murray Wheten&&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top