Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
727 and FSNAV (Read 6581 times)
Marco329

727 and FSNAV
Dec 15th, 2005 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Hello all,

I've had a difficult time trying to get the answer to this question:  How do I get the 727 to work with fsnav?  Was it designed to exlude fsnav interface?  I have read the manuals that state how to operate the autopilot with no reference to FSNAV.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

vhm3

Re: 727 and FSNAV
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2006 at 1:23am
Print Post  
From everything I can tell, there is no way to interface the panel with FSNav.

Chip

IP Logged

vtxvtx

Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2006 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Marco329 wrote on Dec 15th, 2005 at 2:49pm:
Hello all,

I've had a difficult time trying to get the answer to this question:  How do I get the 727 to work with fsnav?  Was it designed to exlude fsnav interface?  I have read the manuals that state how to operate the autopilot with no reference to FSNAV.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MARCO..ARE YOU TRYING TO COUPLE THE GPS TO YOU AUTOMATIC PILOT ..IF YOU ARE LET ME KNOW THAT EASY TO DO WITH THE 727

IP Logged

d-mika

Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2006 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Try this: Go to your ASSIGNMENTS in flightsimulator - NAV1/GPS ON/OFF - assign a key.
In your 727 take your key and switch to NAV/LOC an in FSNAV "fly flightplan"

IP Logged

JoaoJorge

Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2006 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Hello,

Thank you for sharing that. But don´t work with me. I have assign K for the Nav/GPS on/of but don´t work. Can you please tel me step by step how to do that?! Thank you!

Best Regards,

João - CATHAY PACIFIC
"Arrive in Better Shape"

IP Logged

ALT326 Martin

Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2006 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
What I have read about this problem is that there is no way to get one of the navigation programs to work with the CS727. So we have to wait if it's in the patch whenever that one is released.

Martin Maaskant

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2006 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Once we have received the following recommendations from one of our customers. Here they are. But please note: you make the modifications of the original package at your own risk.

Quote:
Start FS8/9, and go to "Settings" on the menu page. Select "Controls/Assignments", then select "Radio Commands". Scroll down to "Nav1/GPS on/off" and assign the 'N' key to this.

Go to the "Flight Planner", use the menus to plan your flight, then "Save" the plan. Now "Load" the plan.

Once in the aircraft, set up for departure, then pull up the GPS screen. You should see a plan loaded and a course line showing on the GPS screen.

Take off, and using the heading bug or hand flying, get onto an intercept heading to the course line shown. Then turn on the autopilot, and press 'N'. You will only see a change in the course deviation bar on your HSI, showing displacement from the GPS course line.

Select "NAV/LOC" on the autopilot selector, and the aircraft will turn onto and track the GPS course when intercepted. It will continue to track the course, through changes at waypoints, all the way to your destination, until you either push 'N' again, which will return the A/P to VOR nav mode, or turn off the autopilot.

I usually let the GPS fly the route, then switch to "Heading" mode to fly the approach, leaving the GPS screen up to self-vector myself onto the visual or ILS.

I've also found that switching to 'FLPN' on the GPS screen will give me distance to the final waypoint, giving me a guide to when to start down. (The moving map only displays distance to the next waypoint in the plan.)

Pushing the 'N' key does NOT bring up the GPS, you have to do that. 'N' just tells the A/P wether to use the VOR receivers or the GPS as a NAV source. The only change you should see would be on the CDI of the HSI.

This works for all my planes, with minor differences on how to couple the A/P to a NAV source.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top