Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 C-130J (Read 7550 times)
Ziggy

Re: C-130J
Reply #15 - Dec 20th, 2005 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Guns210 wrote on Dec 7th, 2005 at 11:47pm:
Maybe what CS should do is hold off on the release of the C-130J and release one of the other ones, because quite frankly, what is the fun of flying a "J" if all it is is a 6 bladed "E".  Being a fighter pilot, I am woefully uninformed about the differences in specs, but it would make sense that it would be faster, more fuel efficient, and have a higher service ceiling.  Maybe one of the many "trash haulers"  Wink on this site can inform this tired old fighter puke on the specs. Cool

I realize that FS 2004 is just a game, but would we fly a 747-400 without the glass cockpit?  Or an F-14 with the default Cessna cockpit?  I know I wouldn't because the flight experience just wouldn't be the same.  The fantasy would be gone.  Most of us who use the simulator want, at least, a reasonable facsimile of the real deal, especially if we are asked to shell out money for it.

What CS could do instead is this:  Totally rebuild the Herc from the ground up as a "J", complete with a glass cockpit and updated specs and release it as a seperate download, independant of the other Herc's.  We would probably have to pay over 50 bucks for it, but to me it would be worth it.

I give high praise to the CS team for developing such high quality downloads.  I own and fly them all.  I hope that they don't think me ungrateful, because I am not.  

I open the floor for feedback (good or bad, agree or disagree)

What do you guys think?

J.R.
Captain, USN Ret.
4000+ hours in the F-14

I’ve been reading this thread with considerable interest, because I had assumed that the “J” was simply the next sequential iteration to a rather long list of  C-130 models since its inception. If in fact it is virtually a new aircraft, then I suspect CS has a business decision to make as to its potential profitability considering the time and resources that go into developing a functional model. Inasmuch as I am already ecstatic with the current version, I personally would not be interested in purchasing a “J” version. I think CS should consider if their time and effort may be better spent on something fresh rather than an extensive rework of an existing aircraft, that I consider “as real as it gets”. ---Ziggy Angry

IP Logged

lakatosv

Reply #16 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Guys! Don't You think we should be very happy instead of any  Cry that Captain Sim released this wonderful external model? We must see: it's IMPOSSIBLE to release a completely new aircraft with a CS quality glass cockpit in this short time...... So, be happy and not discontent!!

Merry Christmas to everybody!  Cool

Viktor

IP Logged

MarkPilot

Reply #17 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 10:05am
Print Post  
You are so right, Viktor! I am VERY happy with what I have!!! Even exterior model of CS top quality for 9$ is a bargain.
Merry Christmas to you all!

Fly safe!&&Mark&&&&

IP Logged

jsum

Reply #18 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Hi all,
As I mentioned in a previous post earlier, I maintain both the older C130's as well as the J-model. The differences are so huge, that even if CS attempted to do a J-model panel, it would take another 3-years to complete. I am willing to offer my assistance if they do decide to pursue that option. Here are some of the differences.

Torque is no longer used, power is measured in HP.
There are over 20 pages of acronym's in the flight manual. The manual takes up 2 full-size binders.
Every system on the aircraft can be controlled by hard panels, or by software via the flight management computer. (It is actually kind of neat to start the engines using the FMC.)
There are only 4 panels for circuit breakers vs. 12. The rest of the circuit breakers are handled electronically via the FMC or MFD's. Aptly named ECB or Electronic Circuit Breaker.
There are no more condition levers. Auto-throttle system with prop sync.
ETC, ETC

Jeff Summers

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top