Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Exterior Model purchasers (Read 822 times)
David Sweetman

Ex C-130 Aircraft Engineer

Exterior Model purchasers
Apr 20th, 2024 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Good day CS team.
Is there a discount for people who purchased the Exterior C-130 model?

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Exterior Model purchasers
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2024 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
The C-130 Hercules package features the H exterior model with quite a number of changes/improvements over the E model which was included in the C-130 Exterior package. So there's no upgade/discount for the C-130 Exterior package users, unfortunately.

PS: David, your name sounds familiar from the good old times, please contact our support.

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2024 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Apr 20th, 2024 at 1:45pm:
PS: David, your name sounds familiar fr

Thanks for the quick reply CS team. 

It has been a few years.  I did send an email to the support address last Thusday hoping to catch up with you all again.  I've sent another just now. 

I was beyond excited when I saw that you had made another C-130 expansion.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2024 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
David Sweetman wrote on Apr 20th, 2024 at 4:43pm:
Are you able to send me an email on on my purchasing account?

Sure, we'll contact you.

IP Logged

burnlee

Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2024 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
I recognise your name Dave. I downloaded all your RAF C130 liveries in the FSX days. Brilliant work.

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2024 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Thanks burnlee. 
I have a very unhealthy love for the C-130.  26 years working and flying on them.  Sad day when they all retired in the RAF. 

IP Logged

Woogey

Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2024 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Good day Capt Sim, I will be purchasing this as soon as I get back to my PC thank you so much for releasing this beautiful model! I really loved the C-130E exterior model, if it only had a cockpit.  I think most of us were under the impression that when you guys finish the cockpit, it would be an upgrade for the existing model that we Had already purchased. My question to you is will there be a way to use the cockpit from our model that we purchase, With our previous E model?  I hope that more Hercules variants will come, similar to you old legacy C-130 experience product.  I love having all the different Hercules shapes to choose from!  Thanks for all the hard work and beautiful modeling that you guys do.  Sincerely, Preston Martin

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #7 - Apr 21st, 2024 at 8:46am
Print Post  
Woogey wrote on Apr 20th, 2024 at 11:51pm:
My question to you is will there be a way to use the cockpit from our model that we purchase, With our previous E model?

We are working on that.
First the E model has to be upgraded to work with all the systems.

2. The real problem is, in the Marketplace we technically can't go the CS classic way of a Base Pack + unlimited number of affordable Expansion models. Now it always has to be a complete aircraft.
So it has to be a complete E sitting next to a complete H product. For a full price each. Multiply by the number of the C-130 variants  Shocked

IP Logged

Woogey

Reply #8 - Apr 21st, 2024 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Good day Capt Sim. 

I understand your dilemma. For the first issue: I think if you could give us a cockpit product for $19.95, for example on your website. I would be more than happy to pay for that and manually install it into my Sim to get the model working fully. 

As to the Microsoft Marketplace issue, I think a mega pack with all the previous variants priced at $79.95 is reasonable enough. You could also sell complete individual products as part of a base design giving a little more value to an individual “E” or “H” purchase. 

Final thoughts on the “E” exterior only model for marketplace, I think another good strategy would be to add the cockpit. And at the same time work with Microsoft to create a discount code that could be entered for those of us who were early purchasers of the Exterior only.  An alternate option could be to remarket the Exterior model, as an “Ai” only model and update it to add some flights plans for it coming and going to various locations.  This could in turn lead to more follow on products of more liveries with attached flight plans.  For example, you could start to make Liveries and flight plans that complemented popular airbases.

Just a few ideas that I had rattling around. 

-Preston.

IP Logged

Chelsea Boy

Reply #9 - Apr 21st, 2024 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Hi Dave

Good to read you are active in the hobby still!

Cheers

Richard

IP Logged

Chelsea Boy

Reply #10 - Apr 21st, 2024 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Understand the comments about the marketplace. However, the F-16 product by Dean includes 3 separate variants - the C single seater and the D twin pit. It also includes the “big spine” D model.

I was thinking about how for example you could add the semi-glass cockpit and new 5 bladed props that most of the remaining H models now have.

IP Logged

Shand359

Reply #11 - Apr 24th, 2024 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
I am a bit upset regarding the way the exterior model purchasers have been dumped in order to make money from new purchases. There was a message on the C-130 Exterior Model order page that when purchased, it would be updated in the future with a cockpit when available... I have bought lots of Captainsim products over the years, going right back to FSX.  Angry

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #12 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Shand359 wrote on Apr 24th, 2024 at 3:47pm:
There was a message on the C-130 Exterior Model order page that when purchased, it would be updated in the future with a cockpit when available...

That's not true.
We never promissed any cockpit upgrades to the C-130 Exterior buyers. Ever.
The product was always marketed as the EXTERIOR ONLY AS IS with no further upgrades. So no one has been "dumped".

IP Logged

qazme

Reply #13 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Apr 25th, 2024 at 7:09am:
Shand359 wrote on Apr 24th, 2024 at 3:47pm:
There was a message on the C-130 Exterior Model order page that when purchased, it would be updated in the future with a cockpit when available...

That's not true.
We never promissed any cockpit upgrades to the C-130 Exterior buyers. Ever.
The product was always marketed as the EXTERIOR ONLY AS IS with no further upgrades. So no one has been "dumped".

This can be verified with the waybackmachine. Apr 11th, 2022 is the first snapshot of many. All of them are identical - there was no mention of a cockpit upgrade. Easy enough to verify.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #14 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 3:10am
Print Post  
It's a pity that the older posts for the C-130 Exterior are not available, because there was a whole Topic (30+ posts) about it. People were posting about being disapointed, and refusing to buy it (or anything else from Captain Sim ever again) because a VC was not included, planned, nor guaranteed in the future.

Anyway, here we are 2 years later and we have a C-130 with a VC. I find it a lot of fun to fly seeing as I only did a few flights with the C-130 Exterior model because it didn't have a VC.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top