Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
TOGA mode locks Rudder/Yaw Control Authority (Bug) (Read 367 times)
KevinAviation_HD

TOGA mode locks Rudder/Yaw Control Authority (Bug)
Jul 3rd, 2023 at 7:28am
Print Post  
Dear Captain Sim team,

I did some tests after some time and a few of your updates and discovered, that when I'm engaging the TOGA mode via the button on top of the thrust levers, while Autothrottle is armed, that I'm not longer able to steer the plane on the runway with my rudder/yaw control.

As soon as I switch-off Autothrottle Arm together with the TOGA mode, I'm able to steer the plane again with my rudder/yaw control on the ground. This issue occurs in the 737-300/400/500 in version 1.009, 1.200, 1.200.

I can replicate this bug as often as I want, also a 737 shouldn't behave like that, you always have FULL rudder and yaw authority, no matter if the TOGA mode and Autothrottle is active or not. (the plane locks the yaw/rudder during the engaged TOGA mode on the runway)

I also discovered that VNAV is extremely agressive during climb/descend with a V/S in the range of +6000/-6000 fpm. The plane simply nosedives or climbs like a rocket for an altitude given by the Sid/Star and calculated by the VNAV part of the FMC. It almost stalls by doing these agressive pitch maneuvers caused by the autopilot.

It would be great if you could fix these issues, as this isn't normal for sure.

Then your plane would also be a lot more comfortable to fly.

Regards,

Kevin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X 3,60 GHz 6 Core (not overclocked) RAM: 16 GB RAM  GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition 8 GB HD: 2x SSD 1TB each OS: Windows 10

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top