Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
L1011 v1.1 P3Dv5 Autopilot altitude window broken (Read 1848 times)
theflyer3

L1011 v1.1 P3Dv5 Autopilot altitude window broken
Sep 3rd, 2022 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Hello. I have been unable to use the altitude capture part of the autopilot because the scroll wheel for the autopilot is completely broken. Scrolling up makes the altitude move in ridiculous increments, and scrolling down is just impossible. Only after a while does the altitude start going down, but still is completely unusable. I tried using P3D keybinds to adjust the altitude, no good. The thing will just not go down, and it will only go up in ridiculous intervals. I would post a video to demonstrate the issue but the site does not let me...

I have reinstalled this thing a good 15 times to no avail. Any fixes?!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: L1011 v1.1 P3Dv5 Autopilot altitude window broken
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2022 at 3:35am
Print Post  
I just tested the the Mouse Wheel, Left Mouse Button, Right Mouse Button on the Altitude Selector Control Knob in the VC, and it worked fine for me. I then tried the (I think default) CTRL+SHIFT+Z then + and - Keys, and they all worked fine for me. Note. Holding any of these buttons for a couple of seconds and suddenly you are increasing/decreasing by the thousands at a rapid rate, but certainly not an out of control speed IMO. Releasing the button used, then pressing it again will revert it to increasing/decreasing by the hundreds.

As always, make sure you have the latest version of the Captain Sim product, plus any updates. Use the link to SimOps for the 1011 Captain II (Start Menu > Captain Sim > SimOps [P3D5] (with the L1011 logo) for getting any updates. Note. I assume yours will show SimOps [P3D5], but I don't appear to have one. I have SimOps [P3D4] for the L1011 but I also have it installed there anyway.

Although I doubt your AV has removed any important files for the 1011 Captain II, it is still worth checking to make sure that it hasn't removed one of the files to the Virus Vault/Chest. If it has, you need to restore it AND add it to the AV Exclusions list.

The AV will look for threats as soon a scan of the drive P3Dv5 is installed on occurs, and if it gets a False Possitive on any Captain Sim file, it will remove the file to the Vault/Chest.

Finally. There is always the possibility that something else installed in P3Dv5 is causing your problem, and if it is, it will be hard to figure out which one it is. I use a vanilla P3Dv5.3 with Hotfix 2, with only Captain Sim aircraft installed. When I fly in P3Dv5, it's only with CS aircraft, and I don't care if the scenery doesn't look perfect!

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

theflyer3

Re: L1011 v1.1 P3Dv5 Autopilot altitude window broken
Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2022 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Hello Mark, thank you for the reply. I have made sure that I have the latest version of the tristar, and have reinstalled with the appropriate exclusions. I do not have this issue with any other aircraft in my P3D install. Is it possible I can try a different version? Nothing I have tried has worked. The altitude knob is broken in my install. Surely someone else must've had this issue?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top