Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 C-130 cockpit (Read 19342 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

C-130 cockpit
Apr 11th, 2022 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Captains,
Some of you are probably surprised to see the "C-130 Captain Exterior" package released without a flyable virtual cockpit.

There's no mistake, we believe the product name (Exterior) and the description are clear enough: No virtual cockpit, exterior model only.

Are we going to release a working cockpit in the future?
We don't know.

For now, all we know is that the $14.99 price tag on the "C-130 Captain Exterior" does not include any cockpit related promises or upgrades.

IP Logged

TheGarner

Re: C-130 cockpit
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
You are a bit late to release an April fools joke. Not really sure why anyone would release a plane without a virtual cockpit in 2022 for MSFS but here we are.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
TheGarner wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 6:29pm:
Not really sure why anyone would release a plane without a virtual cockpit

We do understand that many most of the people who want the C-130, want it with a cockpit.
But we do not have the cockpit available for sale.
What we have for now is an understanding that an exterior model is better than nothing.

IP Logged

Paul K

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 11:26pm:
All we have for now is an understanding that an exterior model is better than nothing.

And about as useful as nothing.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
Paul K wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 11:49pm:
And about as useful as nothing.

The fact that someone personally doesn't want an exterior model, does not mean that no one wants it.

IP Logged

marajin

Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Just my two-pence..

15 or even 20 dollars? Give me a C-130 with a cockpit that "more or less" works and looks right with some attempt to actually configure the aircraft's easily googleable weights and fuel amounts. If it looks and sounds about right and I can do a simplified cold and dark I'd be 100% ok with 20 bucks. There are developers offering bigger bang for your buck (W42 springs to mind) but they're experimenting with the wider market of MSFS and whether it's viable to go for much lower than traditional pricing.

15 dollars for an external only model with minimal animations and I don't even know what "asobo defaults" you've used for this one... is, personally, vastly unreasonable. Sell it for 5 dollars and give a seal of approval for the community to do their own improvements to it... though honestly I think the community still needs an actual VC model to work with to be expected to produce anything worthwhile in a reasonable amount of time.

And why exactly is it such an unknown whether you'll add a VC? Your actions with the triple 7s, then the 764 and now the C-130 scream 'We haven't the ability/resources to do more than this'. I can sympathise with that, if you'd admit to it.

TLDR: Add a VC and make it work in a simplified way.. and set the darn empty weight/mtow/etc accurately in the config file... and I'd totally pay what you're asking or even a little more.

IP Logged

TheGarner

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 7:34am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 11:26pm:
TheGarner wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 6:29pm:
Not really sure why anyone would release a plane without a virtual cockpit

We do understand that many most of the people who want the C-130, want it with a cockpit.
But we do not have the cockpit available for sale.
What we have for now is an understanding that an exterior model is better than nothing.

Ok but you have released many products over the years where the cockpit was released - Including an old C130. Why now, have you decided it's ok to release a plane without a virtual cockpit? I understand the team behind CaptainSim are most likely not the same as it used to be but surely you would make a lot more money if you actually released an addon that has features and systems people want.

IP Logged

CaptainGimp

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Seeing a C130 in MSFS is utterly brilliant and it looks superb so well done for that.

Seriously though, your FSX version was one of my go to planes, even for that old platform the VC was superb.

Personally, I'm not likely to buy just an exterior model, my view is  that I'd rather pay more and have something that resembles the amazing C130 you had on FSX. I'm just going to keep my fingers and toes crossed that when you see all the comments from the community you'll find the time and persuasion to start working on a VC.

I'm sure when you do it'll be amazing and I'll throw my money at you to have it!

Go on, you know you want to! Smiley

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
marajin wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:01am:
And why exactly is it such an unknown whether you'll add a VC?

Because we are not 100% sure we'll ever release a complete C-130 with the VC.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
TheGarner wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 7:34am:
Why now, have you decided it's ok to release a plane without a virtual cockpit?

Not sure about the "now". We did the "exterior first" releases many times (727, B-52, 777, 757, L1011)

IP Logged

CptnJW

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Honestly, I don't think people should complain. It is clear that VC is not included. Just don't buy it then! The market decides if it's worth it or not.
It would be good for the community if the lowest level was higher - but as long as people buy it, we can't blame the creators.

IP Logged

marajin

Reply #11 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 1:37pm:
marajin wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:01am:
And why exactly is it such an unknown whether you'll add a VC?

Because we are not 100% sure we'll ever release a complete C-130 with the VC.

Yes but why? It's pretty clear, I think, that people want a C-130 just.. one with a VC. You even acknowledged that yourselves a few posts back, so why are you unsure you'll ever commit to making such a product?

As to the fact that you've released products without a VC before.. And you specifically used the phrase 'External first'.. first? That implies internals later. But here you're unwilling to commit to a VC ever? So what is going on?

It's 2022 guys. This is a sim with unprecedented graphical fidelity where every default aircraft has a beautiful looking virtual cockpit, even if 90% of the buttons and switches are 'INOP'.

Your triple 7s and 764 at least had a good looking VC... and they had it from day 1.

I'm just bewildered...

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #12 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
marajin wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 3:25pm:
And you specifically used the phrase 'External first'.. first?

Right, but those FSX exterior models were marketed as a part of promised upcoming upgrade with VC deal.
The FS2020 is different so we technically can't go that route anymore. That's why we underline that the "C-130 Captain Exterior" is exactly an exterior model as is.

IP Logged

Bob McCheese

Reply #13 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Since you simply dont like my comments. Let's try this again.

Are you planning to sell this on the Asobo in-sim marketplace? Just a yes or no.

I really cant be breaking any rules to get my comments deleted. If so, please enlighten me.

IP Logged

marajin

Reply #14 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:29pm:
marajin wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 3:25pm:
And you specifically used the phrase 'External first'.. first?

Right, but those FSX exterior models were marketed as a part of promised upcoming upgrade with VC deal.
The FS2020 is different so we technically can't go that route anymore. That's why we underline that the "C-130 Captain Exterior" is exactly an exterior model as is.

Fine, you market this one differently. I haven't said you don't appropriately clarify in the name or description what your intentions are but you are dodging the question. The core question is *why* won't you commit to an MSFS c-130 with a cockpit?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top