Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
2D Panel Solution: (Read 822 times)
rhodges

2D Panel Solution:
Feb 1st, 2022 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Hello all:

As many of you have said that you have done, I tried simply replacing the panel, but you loose your landing gear then. I did find that the following works:

Open the panel.cfg file.

Look at the content under [Window00}]
Hit enter a few times to move the four gauges down a few lines. (Renumber them a little later after your other edits)
gaugexx=Captain_Sim.x707.sys!main, 0,0, 2,2
gaugexx=Captain_Sim.x707.sound!main, 0,0,1,1,Captain_Sim\707\sound.ini
gaugexx=Captain_Sim.x707.tools!icons, 0,604,24,120
gaugexx=Captain_Sim.x707.gpws!main, 0,0,1,1

Copy and paste all of the content of the MSFSX Boeing 747 panel.cfg [windoiw00] into the 707 [window00] overwriting the lines above the gauges.

Edit as per your personal preferences.

Now this is what I have done.

Rem "//" all of the autopilot gauges (gauges 30-46 in my flile)

Move the 707 autopilot panel to replace the 747  autopilot panel.

I use multiple monitors, so in order to have ready access to the radios, I have added the bendix radio stack, which includes 2 Comm/VOR radios, ADF, Xponder, DME, Audio, and autopilot panels. I also edited the radio section of the aircraft.cfg in favor of this system. I have found that you may have to cycle the autopilot from this panel to get everything to work well on the 707 autopilot panel which must be used (Again, only the altitude settings work on the bendix autopilot panel).

Things I have added to my panel:
Deleted the 747 simicons and added Toggles  as follows
toggle 04 assigned to the ID in the Bendix Radio Stack
toggle 05 assigned to a SuperTimer2!Supertimer2 gauge ID
Toggle 06 assigned to the GPS ID
Toggle 07 assigned to F16!Radar gauge ID's
Obviously I have added these items as secondary panels. radio stack, timer, GPS, Radar (Not the radar already included in the 707).

I have FlightSim Commander running on a second computer through Wideclient, so I also have the TGS!TaxiGuidanceSystem gauge installed in my panel.cfg.

Other items I have added to my main panel.
RWYInfo
RKG Fuelstat
RKG Speed TAS, GS
Cessna Avionics Switch
Cessna Pitch,trim gauge

The one thing I have not been able to get to work is a heading bug on the 2d panel. Nothing worked on the default 747 autopilot panel except altitude, (already said I remed those provisions ("//"). I replaced one of the standby gauges with the Cessna Heading Indicator hoping it would work, but no luck. The only way to set a heading bug I have found is to resort to the virtual panel. However, I have found that if I make a turn with the 707 turn autopilot turn controller and level off when reaching the heading I want, the plane pretty well holds that heading anyway. All other 707 autopilot function work normally with one exception. On the Bendix radio stack you can set altitude and descent/climb rate and the 707 will now line out on the set altitude.

All this being said, I realize that a glass panel is ridiculous on a 707, but it is the only 4 engine jet 2D panel I could find. If anyone knows of such an ancient steam panel, please reply and let me know. I did find that if you don't have to have engine gauges, the Lockheed L049 Constellation 3D panel was kind of nice and worked well. Probably any number of others might be a similar option.

Happy flying!
RTH

IP Logged

rhodges

Re: 2D Panel Solution:
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2022 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
One addition:

Be sure to also copy the bmp and cab items from the 747 panel into the 707 panel.

RTH

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top