Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Mode C transponder (Read 1106 times)
goesto11

Mode C transponder
Jan 9th, 2022 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I've been using the 757 III for around a year now. I fly online and after some initial googling just presumed the XPNDR didn't work with online flying clients. By chance, I stumbled across the changelog the other day and noticed that it should indeed work.......

VERSION 1.5 (16DEC’19)
Products: Entire 757 family for P3D4 and FSX.
New features:
– TA/RA mode C activation for flying online added. FSUIPC required.

I am using v1.7 Base + RR expansion and I have a registered copy of FSUIPC but the 757 XPNDR has never interacted with the pilot client (vPilot). Is there something I need to do to get this to work? The 757 packages were installed as per CS instructions and everything else works as it should.

Thank you

IP Logged

goesto11

Re: Mode C transponder
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2022 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
I should add that TCAS TA/RA all work fine with regards to online traffic.

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2022 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
goesto11 wrote on Jan 9th, 2022 at 6:57pm:
I should add that TCAS TA/RA all work fine with regards to online traffic.

I can confirm that mode C works for vatsim, specifically v-pilot and squawkbox. I use them often.

YouTube  
IP Logged

goesto11

Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2022 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply, Alex.

I've re-read my question this morning and I've not actually explained what I'm trying to say very well!

The problem is when I move the knob on the transponder from standby into mode C etc in the sim, it doesn't change the setting on the pilot client. When it is is mode C TA/RA I can see online traffic on the map and get TA/RA if in a conflict situation, so there is definitely some interaction going on.

In terms of functionality with regards to being able to dial in the squawk code and ATC seeing it, there is no problem.

Hope that makes it a little clearer.

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2022 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
goesto11 wrote on Jan 10th, 2022 at 8:29am:
Thanks for the reply, Alex.

I've re-read my question this morning and I've not actually explained what I'm trying to say very well!

The problem is when I move the knob on the transponder from standby into mode C etc in the sim, it doesn't change the setting on the pilot client. When it is is mode C TA/RA I can see online traffic on the map and get TA/RA if in a conflict situation, so there is definitely some interaction going on.

In terms of functionality with regards to being able to dial in the squawk code and ATC seeing it, there is no problem.

Hope that makes it a little clearer.

Yes! This is what I was meaning as well. mode-c is enabled on vpilot as soon as on the CS 757/767 you select your transponder to anything other than STBY.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top