Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
AutoPilot Lvar (Read 1940 times)
Dend

AutoPilot Lvar
Jan 2nd, 2022 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
I've been building a Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo hardware profile for the 1011 in p3d.  I'm having issues with the autopilot variables I have tried calling the SW3 variable and SW3_LAST but when trigger them from either 0 > 1 > 2 , yield no movement on the captains side of the Autopilot Master SW.

G02_004_SW3 is the variable I'm trying to operate.

I have also tried klid:L 1702004 but this does not yield any change in the autopilot switch.

Are there any plans to create an SDK ?  I've been able to decipher quite a bit from the other SDKs in terms of labeling and how the panels functions.  But just wondering what i could be doing wrong or if there is a variable I might be missing.  I also did try just binding the simulator autopilot on/off but that only disengages auto pilot.

IP Logged

Dend

Re: AutoPilot Lvar
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2022 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Discovered my Fix.

Any Switches and or Knobs not only need the klid variable triggered they also need there subsequent animations called as well and in the correct order as well.

I had to call

G02_004_SW3 = 1
G02_004_SW3_LAST = 0
klid = 1702004

using this template for activation I used some conditional variables and now have the button functioning as an up and down / disconnect button.

Push once for CWS , Push Again to put into CMD mode , Pushing once more Disconnects and starts over.

Hope this helps anyone else trying to understand the structure of cockpit variables.

IP Logged

jalbino59

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2022 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Dend wrote on Jan 4th, 2022 at 6:52pm:
Discovered my Fix.

Any Switches and or Knobs not only need the klid variable triggered they also need there subsequent animations called as well and in the correct order as well.

I had to call

G02_004_SW3 = 1
G02_004_SW3_LAST = 0
klid = 1702004

using this template for activation I used some conditional variables and now have the button functioning as an up and down / disconnect button.

Push once for CWS , Push Again to put into CMD mode , Pushing once more Disconnects and starts over.

Hope this helps anyone else trying to understand the structure of cockpit variables.

Trying to understand where these variables and values are coming from.  Is there any documentation provided? Not having a problem grasping your explanation but where is the list indicating glareshield 2 switch 3 is translated to G02_004_SW3
or KLID 1702004 is a button push.  Why does CS hold this documentation so close to the vest for the 1011 and provide it so easily for their other titles?

IP Logged

Dend

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2022 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
I used a program called spad.next it allows you see variables being passed through the simulator , some developers have variables visible and some do not.  so you can add all the local variables while the sim is live , flick your switches and dials.  Then you go back to Spad.next and look through variables that have changes most recently.  Those variables are mostly likely involved in the execution of your button / switch / dial.  Then through looking at Captain Sims other SDK documentation on other aircraft and how there variables are laid out and what they mean , it was a series of trial and error in determine how the L1011 is laid out.  That's a really quick look at how I figured it out.  I'm still finishing up the rest of the Autopilot and testing this evening, looking forward to flying some routes very soon!

IP Logged

jalbino59

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2022 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Dend wrote on Jan 4th, 2022 at 7:51pm:
I used a program called spad.next

Thanks, I'll have to look into this, but having to purchase software just to retrieve information for one particular add-on is very disappointing.  CS should provide the information, I cant imagine it being so difficult since they already do it for the other titles. 

May I ask what hardware you are trying to program? If I decide to purchase spad I'll try to put together a spreadsheet to share.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Dend

Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2022 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
There are probably a few different reasons why they may have chosen not to release it yet but we can always hope.

I think there is a free version of SPAD.next , I bought it because I use it with the Saitek radios for ease of compatability with other simulators and software variables.  I also write and have written honeycomb profiles for several other aircraft for P3D / x-plane and Spad has really help speed things along if the simulator doesn't have a way to view variable through FSUIPC. My needs it fits me but for your needs the free version might just be enough to get you what you need.  Good luck to ya out there and here's to hoping for an SDK sometime in the future.

IP Logged

jalbino59

Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2022 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Thanks, they offer a 14day fully functional trail so I may just give it a go.

I appreciate the time. Take care.

IP Logged

htimst

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2022 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the share.  That AP function led me to give up trying to figure it out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top