Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 737-300 in P3D v5.3 not loading ready for take off (Read 4152 times)
Calum WE

737-300 in P3D v5.3 not loading ready for take off
Dec 22nd, 2021 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Having purchased the 737-300 today for P3D v5, and running it on P3D v5.3 HF1, it will not load ready for takeoff state.

Is there an issue, or some kind of patch needed? I also bought the 757 and 767, and the ready for takeoff states are working fine on them.

I have unistalled it, redownloaded and reinstalled it but to no avail. I cannot get it to load ready for takeoff state properly.

IP Logged

Calum WE

Re: 737-300 in P3D v5.3 not loading ready for take off
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2021 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
If anyone in Captain Sim would mind awefully taking 5 minutes out their busy schedules to respond that would be appreciated.

I have now spent many an hour trying to get ready for takeoff state to work, including uninstalling the product, restarting PC, disabling real time protection as per your "support" link, reinstalling - and still the aircraft will not load in ready to takeoff state.

It appears you provide no way of reaching out for support other than this forum, and it appears you intend to ignore people reaching out for support on here.

I do see on another forum, that another customer has the same problem, so it appears there is a bug with the 737-300.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2021 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Except for setting the flaps, it works fine for me in P3Dv5.3 & HF1

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

KG1000

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2021 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Hi,

I can only speak for V5.2 at the moment. I bought the 737 series in the sale. (Bargain btw). I have not been able to use any of the default states from the FMC. The a/c starts in a strange state after loading. If I try to change to say cold and dark or on APU nothing happens. I also have to start the APU manually every time to then load a state I have set up. I have asked in a separate post where the manuals are but no response yet.

Keith

IP Logged

Calum WE

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2021 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the responses. I was quite frustrated when I posted my second post.

As far as I can tell, the cold and dark and APU running states are working ok for me, albeit I have not tried to start the aircraft up and fly it from those states yet.

The ready for takeoff state is not working though. The engines are not started and the PFD and ND display are blank.

That is the same after unsinstalling, new download, restarting PC, installing from new download with windows defender off, restarting PC and launching P3D v5.3HF1.

it would be good if there is a solution to this.

IP Logged

Dwammy

Reply #5 - Dec 27th, 2021 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
I have had the same issue with the "Ready for Takeoff" state, nothing happens (?).

Not a major issue for me as I usually fly for VA's and you have to start with engines off anyway, but it is annoying that something so simple is either not setup correctly or just does not work (?), does Capt Sim check the function of these pckages before release?

We actually pay real money for these add-ons, I personally spent £85.00 on the B737 suite (300, 400 & 500) and have only managed to find one manual (pt1, 31 pages) and another called part 6 which is the SDK (6 pages), there is no tutorial to be found anywhere.

I also have issue withe the VNAV on the '300', not tried the others yet but I expect the same panel and therefore, probably, the same issue (?).

I also have the B731, 732, 732ADV & CF, the B757 suite and the B767 suite, so I feel that, as a loyal and supportive customer, a little bit let down once again.

Hope that you may get this sorted soonest as however small the issue they are very frustrating as the chap above says, we spend hours trying to fix these issues and always blame ourselves before we end up here.

Slightly annoyed......again,

DWammy

IP Logged

Calum WE

Reply #6 - Dec 29th, 2021 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Yep, I was planning to have another look on here to see if someone from Captain Sim would have said "yes, you're right, the ready for takeoff state doesn't work, but we are aware and we are fixing it" but clearly they basically just don't care.

I just came across a Youtube review from 3 months ago that states the same thing, the ready for take off state, amongst other things doesn't work.

I will investigate a wee bit more, and if starting it up from cold and dark actually works, I will try that, but having already wasted about 5 hours of my life teying to get this plane to work as it should, I would like to find some kind of confirmation that it actually works properly after starting it from cold and dark before spending any more time on it.

Yes, I only paid $9.99 for the product, but my "at work" chargeout rate for the time I have spent trying to get the aircraft to work is many hundreds of dollars already.

IP Logged

Don Nelson

Don

Reply #7 - Jan 6th, 2022 at 4:04am
Print Post  
Are you guys using Windows10 or 11? Compatibility issue maybe?

IP Logged

Don Nelson

Don

Reply #8 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 4:07am
Print Post  
Windows11 ready for takeoff worked no problems. Nice to be back home in a boeing.

IP Logged

Calum WE

Reply #9 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Don Nelson wrote on Jan 6th, 2022 at 4:04am:
Are you guys using Windows10 or 11? Compatibility issue maybe?

I'm using Windows 10. Currently wasting more hours of my life trying to get this aircraft to work.

I find it hard to believe that Captain Sim care so little for their customers. I'm sure P3D is no longer a big revenue stream for them, but I'm sure people Google them before buying their products for FS2020, and must see immediately the complete lack of any attempt at customer service.

I cannot get this aircraft to come properly to life with any of the states in the CDU.

I also bought the 757 and the 767. The 757 seems ok based on one circuit I did. The 767 crashed the sim to desktop every time with a DXGI error. A common issue for basically 100% of the users of P3D v5 it appears after a search. Thankfully I found the fix for that on another forum, despite the best efforts of the Captain Sim rep posting absolute garbage which would have wasted more time, and caused more frustration, if I had been daft enough to follow his suggestions.

Can any P3D v5 users confirm that are able to get the 737-300 to work properly, and how they do it?

IP Logged

KG1000

Reply #10 - Jan 9th, 2022 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Callum,

Try this. Load up your aircraft at an airport. I am guessing the state maybe a mix of fuel on, engines off, instruments dark. Start the APU. Do this first. Hold the APU button until you see the needle in the gauge begun to rise. Release the start button. Once you see the APU lights in the panel above start it.
To save all pain I recommend you now set up the cockpit state as you want. I have a APU running type set up. Once you are happy with your choices, go to the menu in FMC, options and Panel State then Custom Panel and save and name your current state. Good to go!!

When you restart the sim again, I have found you will need to start the APU again as above but then simply go to your saved custom panel and load it. It’s a little fiddly but works fine for me.

PM me if you need any more help and I can give you an email. Whilst the classic has a number of bugs, it’s worth pursuing. Good luck.

Keith.

IP Logged

Calum WE

Reply #11 - Jan 9th, 2022 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Thanks Keith, I appreciate your help.

I had got it loaded up from cold & dark by following a tutorial on Youtube. What had been holding me back when trying myself was the time the APU switch has to be held in the start position, so I think the APU was never actually starting.

Once I had the aircraft in ready to fly state, I saved that as a custom state, but that wouldn't reload. I will try your tip about getting the APU running first, then trying to load my custom state.

Do you have the ground proximity altitude call outs working as you come in to land? After getting the aircraft working from cold and dark, when I tried flying a few circuits my altitude call outs were not working, although other sounds were working ok. The altitude call out files were there in the aircraft file. I have since uninstalled the aircraft, and reinstalled it from a fresh download, so hopefully the altitude call outs will work now unless I am missing something.

IP Logged

Calum WE

Reply #12 - Jan 9th, 2022 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
I've flown a circuit having uninstalled the aircraft, downloaded a fresh copy of the software and installed it. I still don't have altitude callouts. I heard them on the tutorial I watched online. I cannot see anywhere in the cockpit where they are switched off.

Also, having got the aircraft ready to fly, and saved that as a custom state, loading that custom state doesn't work, whether the APU is running or not.

Hopefully enough people have bought this in the sale, and they will start searching for fixes so we can share bug fixing tips to get the aircraft working properly.

IP Logged

KG1000

Reply #13 - Jan 9th, 2022 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Hi Callum,

I do have the height call outs from maybe 100 feet. I’ll check tmrw. Regarding your saved custom state vey odd. To be sure with me I always have to do the following. Load up a scenery. The panel state is always the one I had wen I bought the a/c. So engines off, but fuel levels up, no cockpit lighting some in overhead. I then have to start the APU. Once the Bus light illuminate, I switch on the APU. This gives the power. I must then load my saved panel state via the FMC, its the only real way to get going. I find the default states never work.

Keith

IP Logged

Calum WE

Reply #14 - Jan 9th, 2022 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
I just did a flight from one airport to another, and the altitude call outs worked as normal. Not sure why they didn't when I did circuits at the same airport.

There was some strange autopilot behaviour when I changed the flight plan to go direct to a waypoint during the descent though. Firstly, the aircraft started climbing again, then went into a 20% nose down dive. After disconnecting the AP, and reconnecting it, it was fine. I will try again though in case it was a one off, or in case I had done something wrong.

I guess starting from cold and dark if necessary, is easy enough if you're doing it regularly to remember exactly how to do it for that aircraft.

As long as the aircraft works ok, I will fly it every so often as it is something different. It seems to need a much higher nose up attitude than the another company modern 737s, and you really have to turn the yoke a lot for the aicraft to turn. Hopefully that is an accurate simulation of the 733.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top