Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Automatic landing (Read 1059 times)
blaunarwal

Automatic landing
Sep 11th, 2021 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
How do you do ILS landings from the point, you have to disengage the autopilot?
I need to switch off autopilot and autothrottle, do i? I have other planes, where it switches off automaticly as soon as I touch the ground but not the 737 classic.

When I turn off the autopilot and autothrottle, I get two warnings, which I have to try to hit with the mouse, while I´m trying to flare and land, deploy the spoilers and reverse thrust.
Shocked
Pretty much on the same time without a co-pilot next to me. I could do earlier but in low visibility I want to keep the autopilot as long as possible. Ok I could switch off autothrottle first and confirm the alarm.

I wish I had just two commands, automation off, alarms off. Did I miss something here? The manual says nothing and P3D doesn´t have such a command.
I know spoilers can be armed and also autobrake. I have to add here, autobrake only works on setting max.

Regards

Dan

OS=WIN10 Home, Sim=P3D5 actual version (P3D4 and FSX installed but unused)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft
MB=ASUS Z390F-Gaming, CPU=i9700K OC @4.9 GHz, Cooling=Arctic Liquid Freezer II
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=32 GB DDR4-3200, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro
YouTube  
IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Re: Automatic landing
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2021 at 7:23am
Print Post  
After touchdown with autoland, you must manually disconnect AP as 737 didn't came with auto roll-out ability.(you can stay it untill stop on 744,757-787 and buses.) normally you should click the AP disconnect button on yoke twice once to disconnect and once for silent the warning, which is available via SDK to blinding on your joystick or keyboard by lua, no UI for that then (I'd recommend use LINDA)
AT should automatically disconnected 2sec.after touchdown and should not set off warnings in this case.

Should you land manually, you need to disconnect AP above 50' as pre aircraft's manual, but our company set the rule for no lower than MDA/DA/DDA, and recommended to disconnect both AP and AT above 1000'AFE to get more time on hands.

If you want autoland, you have to engage both autopilot, after APP is armed and above 800'RA.
If only one AP engaged, the airplane should still flare IRL as I know, but it's rather a fail-safe design as single AP couldn't provide the necessary reliability required IRL. maybe not relevant in sim then.
Haven't try in CS's 737 how well it would do an autoland.

IP Logged

blaunarwal

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2021 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Angel of Attack wrote on Sep 12th, 2021 at 7:23am:
After touchdown with autoland, you must manually disconnect AP as 737 didn't came with auto roll-out ability.(you can stay it untill stop on 744,757-787 and buses.) normally you should click the AP disconnect button on yoke twice once to disconnect and once for silent the warning, which is available via SDK to blinding on your joystick or keyboard by lua, no UI for that then (I'd recommend use LINDA)
AT should automatically disconnected 2sec.after touchdown and should not set off warnings in this case.

Should you land manually, you need to disconnect AP above 50' as pre aircraft's manual, but our company set the rule for no lower than MDA/DA/DDA, and recommended to disconnect both AP and AT above 1000'AFE to get more time on hands.

If you want autoland, you have to engage both autopilot, after APP is armed and above 800'RA.
If only one AP engaged, the airplane should still flare IRL as I know, but it's rather a fail-safe design as single AP couldn't provide the necessary reliability required IRL. maybe not relevant in sim then.
Haven't try in CS's 737 how well it would do an autoland.

Thanks a lot for this detailed answer. Love to try it on my actual flight.
Dan

YouTube  
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2021 at 2:27am
Print Post  
The 737 Classic does an autoland fine with both AP's on, but I haven't tried it with only one on yet.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

blaunarwal

Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2021 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
I tried yesterday to land with both autopilots but I don´t know, which two are meant. But before, I tried both options but never could make both active at the same time. Yes, the ILS was caught, app mode, then pressed the second autopilot button below (CWS A) and it switched off CMD A. The same if I try to do it with CMD A and CMD B. Maybe something to fix too.

It landed fine with 1 Autopilot. Just took over throttle controll, then switched of the Autopilot and landed the plane on the last feet manually.
Dan

YouTube  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top