Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Installer problem Legendary C-130 Base Pack FS9 (Read 2946 times)
nicoalexander

Installer problem Legendary C-130 Base Pack FS9
Aug 20th, 2021 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Hello, good afternoon.

Today i wanted to reinstall the Legendary C-130 Base Pack [FS9] that I bought in 2016 in my FS9 since I had to format my computer and I could not do it since the installer gives me a message that says "this order number is not found in our records, please try again ".
If I go to my profile the purchase appears and the order number is the same that I am using but it does not work and then the installer blocks me for an hour.
I would like to know how I can get the plane that I acquired installed in order to use it again.
Thanks a lot

Best regards

Nicolas

IP Logged

Chr1s

Re: Installer problem Legendary C-130 Base Pack FS9
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2021 at 5:55am
Print Post  

Hello, good morning.

Today i wanted to install the Legendary C-130 Base Pack [FS9] that I bought a short while ago(today 01/11/2021) in my FS9. The installer gives me a message that says "this order number is not found in our records, please try again ".
If I go to my profile the purchase appears and the order number is the same that I am using but it does not work and then the installer blocks me for an hour.

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Christopher

IP Logged

Shams Malik

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2021 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
The aircraft happen to have a versatile frame that allows for it to be designed in many variants and even a gunship. Due to this ability, the aircraft nearly has 40 variants and it is still one of the few aircraft that are still in production even after 60 years. The latest variant of the C-130 Hercules is designated as the Lockheed Martin C-130J Super Hercules.

IP Logged

DaveyM

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2021 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Hi.

Some years ago Captain Sim ended support for 32-bit sims (which include FS9). Some time after that, I think they moved web address.

As support for 32-bit had ended, the installer never got updated with the new address so looks for an order in a non-existent address. I'm not certain but I suspect this applies to all their 32-bit downloads.

I doubt you'll get any support here. The best thing you can do is to forget about the money you spent and look for a DVD set. another company did one. It seems to be the Captain Sim base pack and it occasionally appears on ebay. Try searching ebay for 'C-130 Hercules' in Video Games & Consoles.

Sadly, there's no way to get the addon variants without installing a new flight sim.

D

IP Logged

DaveyM

Reply #4 - Dec 28th, 2021 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Seems there's some automated censorship going on here.

"another company" is one whose initials are J and F. I'm sure you can work it out...

IP Logged

Jon Prenovost

Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2022 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
If Captain Sim's FS9 product installers are pointing to the wrong website address for activation, then why does the system respond when (3) in-a-row attempts are made blocking any additional attempts for a period of one hour? Clearly the FS9 installers are talking to Captain Sim's activation servers and receiving a response.

This DOES NOT make any sense what so ever, because if this is in fact the case, then Captain Sim as a company would be committing fraud by offering a downloadable product they know could never be activated.  I do not this to be true, I do not believe they are doing this. While the company no longer offers support for their 32bit products, which is completely understandable, they are still offering them for sale for those who are interested, and any technical issues are now the sole responsibility of the customer.

That being said, I too am having the same problems.  I have tried everything I know possible. Turning off antivirus and firewall for a start, and then adding exceptions for the installer program in both AV & Firewall to allow it through regardless.

Still no success!

IP Logged

nicoalexander

Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2022 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
That's how you said it. They continue to sell products that they know well cannot be activated and that do not provide support of any kind for that version. In my neighborhood it's called fraud.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Feb 3rd, 2022 at 1:21am
Print Post  
Does the installer give you an option to do a Manual Offline Activation? If it does, have you tried activating it that way?

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Jon Prenovost

Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2022 at 2:09am
Print Post  
Markoz, to answer your question the installer that I have downloaded, directly from the CS website, does not offer a manual option. Also, when entering my order number, the installer reports back that its not recognized or in the system, yet I have in fact verified them directly on the CS website while logged in.

IP Logged

Hurkulez

Installer problem Legendary C-130 Base Pack FS9
Reply #9 - Feb 26th, 2022 at 1:30am
Print Post  

Hello, good afternoon.

Today I wanted to reinstall the Legendary C-130 Base Pack [FS9] that I bought in 2018 in my FS9 since I had to format my computer harddrive's, and I could not do it since the installer gives me a message that says "this order number is not found in our records, please try again ".

NOTE: I bought most if not all the C-130 variants.......

-----------------------------
Product: "Legendary C-130 Base Pack [FS9]"
Product: "Legendary C-130 (C-130J) Expansion Model [FS9]"
Product: "Legendary C-130 Extra Pack [FS9]"
Product: "Legendary C-130 (AC-130E Gunship) Expansion Model [FS9]"
Product: "Legendary C-130 (KC-130 Tanker) Expansion Model [FS9]"
Product: "Legendary C-130 (CL-130 Floatplane) Expansion Model [FS9]"
Product: "Legendary C-130 (C-130T) Expansion Model [FS9]"

Gonna be very disapointed if I can't install my favorite plane. And fly it for my viewers on twitch(by request)

Thx,
Gear Up, Flaps Up, 3 Green!
SFC Dan E. McMahan US Army - Retired

IP Logged

Geramador

Reply #10 - Aug 5th, 2023 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
ooh  Cry...

So there is a serious problem here, 10 days ago I bought the C-130 Basepack at Simmarket, I had no idea about this and well, first I thought it was a matter of time before it was activated, then I tried to contact them via simmarket because I couldn't register on the forum in any way, and now that I was finally able to register in the forum it turns out that I can't activate a product that I just bought...

The fact that 32-bit products are not supported I accept without problem, but then why do they continue to sell something that cannot be activated?

Because it is still available both in the simmarket store and directly with Captain Sim...

Ultimately I don't want a refund, I want to install and use the C-130...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top