Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 The freighter story (Read 8798 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

The freighter story
Jul 24th, 2021 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Captains,
We sense some misunderstanding on the entire Freighter story, so it's time to say our position plain and simple.

1. The Freighter expansion never been promised.
Yes we were working on the F.
Yes we were hoping to release the F this year.

2. The F expansion never been advertised as a part of the 767-300ER Base Pack. Thank you all who have purchased the 767-300ER but it does not entitle you to any other Expansions.
The 767 CAPTAIN II family is a set of separate products. Same as any other family of CS products.

3. We understand that some of you are still using P3D and want the 767 Freighter in your hangar, that's why we have released the 767-300CF, with some limitations.

IP Logged

okupton

Re: The freighter misunderstanding
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
This is an honest question. Is there anyone still at CS capable of writing code or are you strictly modelers now? CS used to at least attempt to make complete planes, but we aren’t seeing any attempt at that anymore. A cargo plane with a door that doesn’t open and an engine expansion with no sounds or modeling differences vs the base makes me wonder…

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
okupton wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 6:21pm:
Is there anyone still at CS capable of writing code

That's a good one. Thanks

IP Logged

rmeier

Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Perhaps the misunderstanding is the reaction of CS's (and some now former) customers to this announcement of cancelling what was expected to be an imminent release.

I, too, am in the camp of buyers who is not interested in a freighter lacking a working cargo door and lacking cargo load capabilities.

To my (uninformed of the inner workings of CS) perspective, the response with delivery of a "CF" model is a weak response to blowback of a poorly conceived business decision.

CS...based on the responses here on your forum, Reddit and Avsim (and likely others), you've obviously let down many customers on this B767 expansion fiasco.

IP Logged

ahuimanu

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
I have no further expressions of disappointment beyond being bilked out of my money expecting CaptainSim to have executed on a roadmap laid out for the product line.

This is the end of their development for P3D is my guess. 

After a long period of purchases with CaptainSim, this is also the end of my custom here as well.

I suppose the MSFS market is so lucrative that CaptainSim sees no need to finish a P3D product.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
rmeier wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 7:42pm:
the response with delivery of a "CF" model is a weak response

Believe me, the available GE version and the upcoming 767-300CF, even with some limitations, is the best possible outcome for P3D users. Plan B was to drop the P3D completely right after the recent 737 Classic release.
Anyway, the fully functional 767F for P3D is out of question, unfortunately.

IP Logged

Krake802

Reply #6 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 8:02pm:

Believe me, the available GE version and the upcoming 767-300CF, even with some limitations, is the best possible outcome for P3D users. Plan B was to drop the P3D completely right after the recent 737 Classic release.

Would of at least been nice to also add the wings to the Virtual Cabin on the 737 Classics....

IP Logged

l3ubba

Reply #7 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 8:02pm:

And this is what irritates me the mot about this situation. You advertise all these "upcoming projects" to get people hyped and buy the base pack. Then just completely cut ties with projects. I know nothing is promised or guaranteed but the explanation (or lack thereof) for why it was cancelled makes it worse.

You guys charge similar prices to a lot of other big developers but don't have the follow through like they do. In my personal opinion I feel that these aircraft are overpriced for the features they have, but I was willing to make a purchase because I thought you guys would continue developing and supporting it for a little bit. But now it sounds like you guys are just trying to ditch P3D altogether and leave your customers with unfinished products.

IP Logged

Geddy_2112

Reply #8 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Well to say this is a disappointment is an understatement. With this kind of business strategy and the clear abandonment of the current P3D customer base, I will look for other reputable companies to spend my money on for MSFS2020.
You've got my last dollar.

IP Logged

caioramirez

Reply #9 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Well, actually I don't care wether CS will develop the F expansion, I don't know the difference between "promised" and "confirmed", as per the manual part I available for download...

767F_proof.jpg ( 161 KB | 73 Downloads )
767F_proof.jpg

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #10 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
caioramirez wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:30pm:
I don't know the difference between "promised" and "confirmed"

Confirmed for development, in production.

Which is supported by the ...MAY include... on the same page.

IP Logged

caioramirez

Reply #11 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:41pm:
caioramirez wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:30pm:
I don't know the difference between "promised" and "confirmed"

Confirmed for development, in production.

Which is supported by the ...MAY include... on the same page.

Yes, I noticed that only after posting...
Because of it, and in order to avoid unecessary comments, I'd like to ask if the forum moderator could remove my last post, since I couldn't find a "delete" button.

Regards

IP Logged

DeeJay84

Re: The freighter story
Reply #12 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Seriously, most flight simmers would accept plan changes when new sim platforms are coming. At least I do, even if P3d will remain my sim platform for a long time.

But with all due respect to addon producers, what on earth would have been the problem to make a proper GE expansion with a proper GE sound and then you were done with the 767 in P3d??? OK, the freight dogs would still have been disappointed then, but it would have been a finished and honest product.

And now?? Everybody is pissed! The GE lovers for the lack of sound, the cargo lovers for the lack of a cargo door (honestly I was laughing when I read that).

You've modeled animations for the cup holder, for the door of the cupboard in the wall behind the copilot seat, for the maintenaince doors of the gear box,... you've maxed out all the animations, which many people liked. Are you really telling those people now it wasn't even worth modelling a freight door in a CF version??! I can't help seeing that as a bit as a provocation.

You know exactly what people had in mind when they saw the more unpopular, yet interesting PW version in the base pack back then, combined with the outlook for the expansions. And the strange trial of tempering your words used to create that expection at your customers doesn't change those expectations in the aftermath.
Canceling a project is one thing which I think is OK and has to be respected by customers who have no clue about the financial backgound. But delivering "2 half products" of which each lacks one of the most obvious reasons for their existence is a cry for driving away customers - which include me now.

I've praised you so much at Simmarket for your huge effort in systems at the 757 and 767 for P3d v4 in comparison to older 757 products. That was really great! But now, I'm out of the game for the lack of credibility in a single expansion pack! Glad I read the "limitations" section before pushing the "Buy now" button. Shame because I even thought about buying the 737 additionally. But as the role of P3d customers seems newly defined by that, I'm gonna resist for any newer products.

IP Logged

Mets737

Reply #13 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:46am
Print Post  
What is the chance of an updated 707 or 727 to come to P3D????

IP Logged

Olli

Reply #14 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Hey Captain Sim Team

the only limitation for the CF for me is your useless Cargoloader and the Cargo Box system, i think an full operateble Cargodoor is one or two Hours work. Otherwise we get an "Prachter" like the Condor 767-300 that Opertes for DHL. And no 767CF.

And in my World Confirmed meas that this Product will be come..... and not after 12 Month o sorry we deside to kill this Project, for an MSFS2020 777747......

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #15 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Mets737 wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:46am:

Same as for the 767 animated main cargo door. Zero.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #16 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
DeeJay84 wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 9:41pm:
You've modeled animations for the cup holder, .... Are you really telling those people now it wasn't even worth modelling a freight door in a CF version?

The cup holder was done more than an year ago. In the current market even the limited 767-3CF Expansion release is a waste of time from the business point of view. The ONLY reason we doing that is because people have been waiting for the GE and the F for a long time.

what on earth would have been the problem to make a proper GE expansion with a proper GE sound

Money. The 767-3CF Expansion sales won't cover even the sound licensing fees.
Anyone who can tell the diffence between the PW and GE sounds can buy the GE sound pack from third party developers.

IP Logged

Mets737

Reply #17 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 6:03am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 1:50pm:
Mets737 wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:46am:

Same as for the 767 animated main cargo door. Zero.

Well with that response, I'm sad to say that as a customer since the FSX days you have officially lost my business. You guys should take a few days off and look at what your recent decisions have done to your loyal customers. I wish you the best.

IP Logged

Steph D

Reply #18 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Sadly, it's one more company to tells us that current P3D sales don't even cover the costs.

That's the true reality.

As I moved to msfs, I'm not concerned anymore but if the future has to be msfs, then I hope CS will at least make some effort to give us nice products for that new sim.

Because sadly, even their low effort 777 probably brings more sales that what could have been a nice 767F in P3D.

IP Logged

Bogan

Reply #19 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 10:39pm:
You've modeled animations for the cup holder, .... Are you really telling those people now it wasn't even worth modelling a freight door in a CF version?

The cup holder was done more than an year ago. In the current market even the limited 767-3CF Expansion release is a waste of time from the business point of view. The ONLY reason we doing that is because people have been waiting for the GE and the F for a long time.

what on earth would have been the problem to make a proper GE expansion with a proper GE sound

Anyone who can tell the diffence between the PW and GE sounds can buy the GE sound pack from third party developers.

Terribly sorry that we as customers buying your product have inconvenienced you by wanting a product. Please do let us know what we can do to improve this situation and rectify it going forwards

IP Logged

mike229

[img]....[/img]

Reply #20 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Cant even set any payload what so ever please fix

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #21 - Jul 29th, 2021 at 3:39am
Print Post  
mike229 wrote on Jul 28th, 2021 at 3:16pm:
Cant even set any payload what so ever please fix

On the CDU click on MENU > Setup > Fuel and Payload > Go to Page 3/3

Cargo Forward (LSK4L)
Cargo Aft / Bulk (LSK5L)

If you select PAX/C CFG (LSK5R) it shows the maximum weights for each section. You can change them there if you want to.

If you look at the attached image (taken in P3Dv4, but it's the same in P3Dv5), that with the weights I've entered, the 767-3CF is at 411.9k pounds (MTOW for the 767-300ER is 412,000 lb), so with full fuel, it's almost at MTOW.

767-3CF_cargo_input.jpg ( 221 KB | 58 Downloads )
767-3CF_cargo_input.jpg

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

DeeJay84

Reply #22 - Jul 31st, 2021 at 6:25pm
Print Post  

OK, I get that thing with the sound. Indeed, it doesn't matter weather we purchase it at TSS for 15€ or you include it and sell the pack for 15€ more... just thought, you might get it a bit cheaper when included in a package because of volume sales.. but OK, because that's something that customers can do for themselves.

Certainly true in short term. But in the longer run, how many of those, who would have bought even some more of your P3d products, are buying nothing at all now, more or less only because of one cheesy cargo door? ...not that I'm a big fright dog.. but it's more about a principal thing. Would there be a real door, I would spend even 5-10 bucks more. Now, I spend nothing at all. Am I the only one?
Isn't it a bit more of a waste of money - or at least thought too short-term, if a product lacks exactly one thing that would have made people spending at least a smaller amount of money for a reasonable compromise instead of nothing at all? And probably nothing more in future?!
That's at least my impression after reading all the customer comments here.

IP Logged

PeteFly82

Reply #23 - Aug 1st, 2021 at 2:20pm
Print Post  

well, that is the unpleasant truth I guess. The P3D addon market has dried out. And I think the other developers are heavy focusing on MSFS too. CS is not the only one developer not putting any reasonable effort anymore into P3D addons.

I wait and see what CS offers in the near future for MSFS. Maybe some nice classic conversion or the like? time for some coffee til then

IP Logged

Yannes2812-GER

Reply #24 - Aug 7th, 2021 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
The ONLY reason we doing that is because people have been waiting for the GE and the F for a long time.

Guys, the problem is that we, who have been waiting for the 767F, are NOT getting a freighter! We are getting something that looks like a freighter but has the same doors as a 763 in the 4D config. This is not a freighter!!!

IP Logged

tangjuice81

Reply #25 - Aug 17th, 2021 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
I was so looking forward to this model (767F) since I do different types of flights. Mainly commercial, some regional and also some cargo routes. Yes, it looks like the freighter but it's not. I would have purchased this but now this isn't an option since it brings no value. I have the 757, 767 and 777, and it's a true disappointment to see this.  Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top