Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Error opening file for writing (Read 2438 times)
Mar1881

Error opening file for writing
Jun 28th, 2021 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Hello, since there is no (obvious) way to create a support ticket, I had to create an account and post here. Hope someone sees it!?

Purchased the 777-300 for MSFS yesterday. Have been spending hours and hours trying to install it. No luck.

Have gotten as far as being able to select the 777 in MSFS, but the plane doesn't show up once the sim is loaded. It's completely invisible.

The installer gives me error messages on about a dozen files, one of which I will include as a screenshot. I figured it might be the long file path, so I enabled the long path function in win regedit. Still get the same error messages. BTW, I saw a suggestion in the forums to "simply shorten the file path", but as the game was purchased via Microsoft app store the path is set in stone. Can't just go and change the PCs SID, etc.
I also tried to use the "Addon Linker" App to circumvent the issue. When directing the installer to that app the installation process works without error messages, however when trying to use ACE to specify the "aircraft" and "official" folder paths I get yet another error message when I click the Save button. I'll add that as a screenshot also. Needless to say I get the same error message when I do the faulty install directly to the actual community folder.

So far it's been all frustration and no joy. Hoping someone can help, otherwise I'll have to ask for a refund. Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Mar1881

Re: Error opening file for writing
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2021 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Screenshot 1

IP Logged

Mar1881

Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2021 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Well, the screenshot upload ain't working either. Lovely. 🙄

IP Logged

Mar1881

Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2021 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Another try...

Screenshot__52_.png ( 438 KB | 105 Downloads )
Screenshot__52_.png

IP Logged

Mar1881

Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2021 at 11:20am
Print Post  
There ya go, heres the second one.

Screenshot__51_.png ( 314 KB | 65 Downloads )
Screenshot__51_.png

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2021 at 6:49pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Mar1881

Reply #7 - Jul 16th, 2021 at 8:00am
Print Post  
Alright, I had to completely re-install the flight sim to make this work, but alas, it finaly does.
The fact that your ACE system can't handle the threads that thousands of users arer assigned is quite the pain tho.

Other than that, I know you've gotten some bad reviews for the 777, but at 20$ I don't understand why people are expecting a product as polished as an 60-80$ one. Wishful thinking, I guess.  Grin

I don't spend that much time simming, so I was happy to find this offer. Wouldn't spend 60 bucks, and I don't need everything to be hyper-realistic. So, thanks to you guys!

I'd be happy to purchase other MSFS planes of this quality for 20$, too. Like the A321, A380, A350. Heck, wouldn't even care if the A350 used the standard MSFS B787-10 cockpit.  Smiley

Would be nice if it worked well in VR tho. Will be posting a bug report in the appropriate forum.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top