Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Engine starting problems: (Read 1281 times)
rhodges

Engine starting problems:
Jun 12th, 2021 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
For the past weeks, I have tried everything I know of to start the engines manually with no success.

I have read, reread, and followed the manual procedure repeatedly with no success. I don't think I am overlooking anything, but if I am, I have not idea what it is.

I have also tried following the numerous tutorials some have been so kind to post, again with no success.

I see several similar posts by others that have just given up.

Note that the engine ground start switches do light for me, but the engines do not turn over or start.

Thanks to Markoz, and his picture of the overhead panel setup, his work around shortcut does work. It is a simple 5 step procedure.

1. Press the E simicon for external power
2. Turn the External Power Switch under the LH AC Bus Label to Essential AC Bus.
3. Turn the CoPilots AC Instruments Power Switch to Essential AC Bus.
4. Turn the DC Power Switch under the RH AC Bus label to Battery.
5. Press Ctrl + E on the keyboard and the engine startup sequence from left to right works.

After the engines start, rotate the 4 generator switches to reset and on. Turn Pitot heat switches on and she flies beautifully.

Markoz did say: "Note: This is not my normal way of starting the C130. I usually do it manually, which is a bit more complicated."

Markoz, if your procedure is any different from the manual, I sure would appreciate it if you would reply with the step by step procedure. In any case, thank you for your contribution!

Respectfully:
RTH

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Engine starting problems:
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2021 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
This is how I start the engines on the C-130 using External Power:

1. External Power - Press [E] on the Simicons Panel
2. DC Power Switch - Eternal (OH Lower Panel)
3. AC External Power Switch - External (OH Lower Panel)
4. Co-Pilots AC Instruments - External AC Bus
5. AC Inst & Eng FVM Cont - External AC Bus
6. Eng Fuel Enrichment - Normal (usually set there by default)
7. Oil Cooler Flaps - Automatic
8. Temp Data Control Valves - Auto
9. Air Start - All Engines (sometimes the some/all engines will start at this point)
10. Eng Starter Switch - 2 (sometimes I need to hold the switch for a couple of seconds for the engine to start, and sometimes just a simple click and instantly releasing the switch and the engine will start)
11. Eng Gen - Reset, then ON
12. Repeat steps 10 & 11 for Engines 3, 4, and 1
13. DC Power Switch - Battery
14. AC External Power Switch - Off
15. External Power - Press [E] on the Simicons Panel

That should be it. Let me know how it goes for you.

Note. Most of the above is done on the 2D panels, but it also works for me using the 3D panels in the VC (with the exception of the External Power). I also sometimes use the ATM for engine start on the C-130.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Victory103

Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2021 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Think there might be a bug on this as I had my 1st non-start issue after switching back and forth from different aircraft in P3Dv4.5.

ARMY PROPS
DUSTOFF
USN SOML

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2021 at 2:32am
Print Post  
I believe that the C-130 for P3Dv4 has updated gauges for the 64bit sim, so there might be some differences between FSX and P3Dv4 for the failure to start. Having said that, I use the same method for starting the engines in P3Dv4, as I do in FSX, and that has worked fine for me so far.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top