Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
777 crashes my sim (Read 2392 times)
crofty

777 crashes my sim
Jun 10th, 2021 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
My 777 in msfs will cause my sim to crash.  It happens randomly during a flight and the game will freeze and then i will be kicked out of the sim.  Don't know if this is related but ACE is also not working and is broken.  Not sure if there is a fix for this or if it is unfixable and the only other option is to download another copy and delete the old one.

IP Logged

aviateur

Re: 777 crashes my sim
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2021 at 12:31pm
Print Post  

Prior to load any route,  any aircraft, empty your cache in GENERAL/DATA and usually that fix the problem.  Do that quite often, that help especially when you install new liveries.

André

IP Logged

AviationMan

Reply #2 - May 13th, 2022 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Where to find the GENERAL/DATA Folder? I am having the same issue and cannot find that folder.

IP Logged

Mar1881

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2023 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Hello Captain Sim Team, I need some help, please.
I have been unable to use the 777-300ER I bought from you because it causes a CTD every time I try. This has been an issue since v1.3, I believe.

I tried the short flight KPDX-CYVR five or six times. CTD every time. Sometimes after 20 minutes, sometimes after an hour. I just don't know what could be triggering it. I should mention that I fly in VR. But that has never been an issue before. I've had the 777 for at least a year and a half.

I tried the same flight with other 3rd party add-on aircraft (LVFR A321) and with Asobo MSFS aircraft (B747/B787). Each flight was fine, not CTD. It's only the CS777 that crashes the sim.

Here's what I've tried:
- deleted the aircraft and completely reinstalled using legacy file from my account.
- flew using the standard Captain Sim livery to make sure other liveries weren't causing the crash
- cleaned out the community folder. No other add-ons or external apps used.
- lowered graphics settings

Nothing has helped. I am out of ideas. Someone in this thread suggested to "empty your cache in GENERAL/DATA" but I have no idea what he/she means by that.

As this forum is the official customer help for Captain Sim products, please help.  Smiley

Thanks in advance.

(Side note: I think the entire forum is waiting to hear about an update using the AAU2 747.  Grin The improvements are really immense!)

Best regards

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2023 at 8:05am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Mar1881

Reply #5 - Aug 16th, 2023 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Hello Captain Sim Team.
So, three weeks after posting my issue (one which makes the 777 unusable), you simply posted a link to a small list of standard procedures to fix issues, all of which I had already tried, as I clearly mentioned in my post.

Quite disappointing. This forum insists all the time to read first, then post. Perhaps you guys should practice what you preach.

Meanwhile, the 777 remains useless. Guess I'll uninstall. Just wish I hadn't wasted the money.

If you have any real advice, please share.
Best regards

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top