Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Error 29 (Read 15731 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

Error 29
May 28th, 2021 at 12:47pm

Error 29 Locked Order Number. Number of allowed activations have been exceeded. You must deactivate the software on your first device before transfering to another device.

Why?
As per Captain Sim software licensing agreement: You may install and use one copy of the software on the licensed device. Since May 2021 we have been introducing new licensing system which enforces the 'one copy' rule.

But I'm still on the same device
Probably you have changed some hardware, OS and/or username on your device. You must deactivate the software (Start>Captain Sim>777 ACE MSFS2020>DEACTIVATE) before making any changes to your device.

Note: software uninstall, removal, or any other action does not deactivate the software. It must be deactivated manually.

Transfer to another device
You may uninstall the software and install it on another device for your use.  You may not do so to share this license between devices. You must deactivate the software (Start>Captain Sim>777 ACE MFSF2020>DEACTIVATE) on your first device before transfer to another device.

TROUBLESHOTING

Situation 1. If your have already uninstalled/deleted the non-deactivated software from your device, install the software again, then deactivate it.

Situation 2. If your have lost/changed the first device with the non-deactivated software, contact us with:
- reference #29FR
- your order number
- your forum nickname.

Situation 3. If your did the #2 and your license has been reset by CS but you still get the Error 29, probably the reasons are: your AV and/or your path to community folder is different from default.
Run ACE (Start>CS>777 ACE FS2020) and set the correct path.
If you do not have ACE on your device, or have any other damage to the poduct functionality, say thank you to your AV and reinstall the product.

IP Logged

Sidohund

Re: Error 29
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2021 at 3:43pm

Hello,

I reloaded my Windows yesterday. However, forget to deactivate the software.
Now I can no longer isolate the software.
He always shows me Error 29. I ask for help what I can or should do now.
Sidodog

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Error 29
Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2021 at 4:27pm

Sidohund wrote on Jun 7th, 2021 at 3:43pm:
what I can or should do now

Pick your situation from the list above and act as instructed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top