Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
ACE not working with 1.7 update (Read 1029 times)
Greg Goodavish

ACE not working with 1.7 update
May 19th, 2021 at 5:13am
Print Post  
I just received a notice that version 1.7 was available.  I uninstalled Version 1.5, shut off all firewalls and virus scanning programs, and then installed the 1.7 version.  The ACE utility will not open.   I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.  Same issue.  I then uninstalled 1.7 and reinstalled 1.5 version, and ACE now works again.  Something is wrong with ACE in version 1.7.

IP Logged

Greg Goodavish

Re: ACE not working with 1.7 update
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2021 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Can anyone from Captain Sim help?

IP Logged

Steved

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2021 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
You're kidding right?
He barely looks at the 767 and 737 forums now that the 777 is released....you think he's gonna come in here in the years-old 757 forum and reply?

I would highly suggest you post this in the 777 forums...there is a LOT of posts regarding ACE fixes and you may even find an answer to your question there.  IF you get one here I'd be genuinely surprised.

Regards,
Steve Dra

IP Logged

aspen31

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2021 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
I Use McAfee antivirus and I had an issue with 1.7 that cause McAfee to quarantine the .exe of 1.7 without actually telling me what it had done. Eventually I had to re-install and specifically exclude Ace 1.7 from any action within McAfee. !.7 has worked for me for the last few months but once in a while McAfee will give me a warning that it has detected a virus.
Not sure if this will help but for me it seems that my antivirus reacted differently to 1.7 than other updates.

Warren

IP Logged

Greg Goodavish

Reply #4 - May 31st, 2021 at 6:48am
Print Post  
OK, I went back and shut off all firewalls, virus programs, etc., and then reinstalled V1.7.  Now the Ace program works.  Must have been one of those things shutting it down.  All good now though!

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top