Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 DONE - Master Caution Logic (Read 2937 times)
Angel of Attack

DONE - Master Caution Logic
May 15th, 2021 at 5:26am
Print Post  
I'm on 0302 and P3Dv4.5HF3

When Any new caution occurred, the Master Caution light AND ALL System Annunciator Light with a fault in will light up.
The correct behavior is only the new one related system would lit up

For example, on the ground, when I have low fuel pressure, low hyd/flight control pressure, doors, etc etc... are already lighted up, and Master Caution reset. when a new DUAL BLEED light came on, the Master Caution should only come on with  "AIR COND" annunciator.  but currently in 0302, FLT CON,FUEL,HYD,DOORS they all came along with it.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Re: Master Caution Logic
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2021 at 5:29am
Print Post  
I also noticed when sometimes a light extinguished , for example when put ELEC HYD PUMPS ON, and the LOW PRESSURE goes out in preflight, the Master Caution would came on in CS733, and as the LOW PRESSURE light gone, there is no related HYD annociator.

I didn't do extended test on this, so I'm not sure how exact this bug works, but I've seem it quite few time just doing a normal preflight.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2021 at 5:32am
Print Post  
To add a little more for the Master Caution system, when no fault there and doing recall by pressing System Annunciator, the Master caution should came on, then out when released, but currently in CS733, only all System Annuciator light are came on.

I have seem this behaivor on 2 other developer's 737... not sure why, maybe the description on FCOM is not clear... but it's not how real thing works.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2021 at 7:01am
Print Post  
When testing this, I noticed when in preflight condition, if I turn ON ELEC HYD PUMP then turn it off, the illuminating of  LOW PRESSURE light would not bring Master Cation and SA on.
Also Tried in air,either ELEC nor ENG pump off would bring MC and SA lights on(even with 2 pumps off ifn different side), but if BOTH are off on one side, the MC+FLYCON+HYD will lit up correctly.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #4 - May 15th, 2021 at 7:02am
Print Post  
And the FUEL LOW PRESSURE light on MAIN TANK should only bring Master Caution light on if BOTH are lit on the same side, currently in CS733, any one LOW PRESSURE light on FUEL panel will bring the MC and FUEL SA on.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #5 - May 15th, 2021 at 8:12am
Print Post  
The WINDOW HEAT OVERHEAT light, one or even all lit up, also didn't trigger the Master Caution as it should be.

IP Logged

EY
CS Team

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2021 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
All of the above has been fixed in the v.1.0

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #7 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Angel of Attack wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 7:01am:
When testing this, I noticed when in preflight condition, if I turn ON ELEC HYD PUMP then turn it off, the illuminating of  LOW PRESSURE light would not bring Master Cation and SA on.
Also Tried in air,either ELEC nor ENG pump off would bring MC and SA lights on(even with 2 pumps off ifn different side), but if BOTH are off on one side, the MC+FLYCON+HYD will lit up correctly.

This still persistences on V1.0

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #8 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:46am
Print Post  
On v1.0, when RECALL the SA, only the side depressed will illuminate.
IRL when RECALL with any SA, both sides SA and MC light should illuminate when SA are depressed.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #9 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:48am
Print Post  
On V1.0
When using LIGHTS TEST switch to TEST. it should have same effect as recall when released back to BRT or DIM, the SA should recall all existing fault.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #10 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:55am
Print Post  
On V1.0
MC and SA not show "new" fault if there are already one.
The test I have done:

1. in normal flight, switch OFF one left tank FUEL PUMP switch, LOW PRESSURE light and MC+SA(FUEL) lit up correctly
2.Reset MC, but keep FUEL PUMP off
3.Turn off another main tank's FUEL PUMP, maybe the right one, or another left one, same.
4. Now the new LOW PRESSURE light is on, BUT the MC+SA doesn't show up, IRL it should lit up now.
5. I can switch back on and off the first switch I moved in step 1, the MC+SA still stay off.

I also tried same logic with SA(ANTI-ICE) by prob heat and window overheat test switches, it's the same result, so I think it's the logic fault on all system.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #11 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Angel of Attack wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:55am:
On V1.0
MC and SA not show "new" fault if there are already one.
The test I have done:

1. in normal flight, switch OFF one left tank FUEL PUMP switch, LOW PRESSURE light and MC+SA(FUEL) lit up correctly
2.Reset MC, but keep FUEL PUMP off
3.Turn off another main tank's FUEL PUMP, maybe the right one, or another left one, same.
4. Now the new LOW PRESSURE light is on, BUT the MC+SA doesn't show up, IRL it should lit up now.
5. I can switch back on and off the first switch I moved in step 1, the MC+SA still stay off.

I also tried same logic with SA(ANTI-ICE) by prob heat and window overheat test switches, it's the same result, so I think it's the logic fault on all system. 

BTW, please do the following test when fix this problem:
step 1-3 is the same, and now MC+SA(FUEL) should be on.
4a.now, without reset the MC, switch back on the 2nd switch moved in step3,
5a.the MC+SA(FUEL) should stay on, as there is still a LOW PRESSURE light there on FUEL panel, even if it's been reset.

IP Logged

EY
CS Team

Reply #12 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Please try 1001

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #13 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 10:24am
Print Post  
The problem on #3 and #7 with HYD still persist on 1001
The new fault condition on FUEL and ANTI-ICE "by prob heat and window overheat test switches" are resolved, but when I try turn left prob heat off, cancel MC, and turn right prob heat off, there is still no new trigger...
As I said, it's a basic  logic fault on all system, so please check them all...

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #14 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 10:28am
Print Post  
not sure if it's new, but when I tried these 3 in "ready for takeoff" States,SA(ELEC) would not turn on:
1.turn STANDBY POWER to OFF, thus trigger STANDBY PWR OFF light.
2. turn GEN1(or2) off, thus trigger BUS OFF light
3.DISCONNECT CDS, thus, turn both LOW OIL PRESSURE and BUS OFF light.

Only when I shut down engine without APU nor GPU in, and TRANSFER BUS OFF light on, I can see the SA(ELEC) light up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top