Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Programming CDU/FMC (Read 1346 times)
aspen31

Programming CDU/FMC
Apr 18th, 2021 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Hi all
I've noticed that when I attempt to program the CDU/FMC especially at high weights - 240K upwards the system will not accept it and I can only input lower weights -235K for example. Since I am unable to program the weight carried in cargo lower chart the remainder of the automated calculations are made using that lower weight probably there affecting things like V-speeds.
Am I missing something in weight management of the 757 that I need to recognize in order to end up with a correct set of values for the airplane?
Thanks
Warren

IP Logged

Alex T

Re: Programming CDU/FMC
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
aspen31 wrote on Apr 18th, 2021 at 10:36am:
Hi all
I've noticed that when I attempt to program the CDU/FMC especially at high weights - 240K upwards the system will not accept it and I can only input lower weights -235K for example. Since I am unable to program the weight carried in cargo lower chart the remainder of the automated calculations are made using that lower weight probably there affecting things like V-speeds.
Am I missing something in weight management of the 757 that I need to recognize in order to end up with a correct set of values for the airplane?
Thanks
Warren

Where are you putting this? ZFW? Gross Weight? The Weight manager?

YouTube  
IP Logged

aspen31

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Hi
"Initial Reference", top left corner, "gross weight" doesn't happen all the time - seems more likely at the higher aircraft weights.
Warren

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
aspen31 wrote on Apr 18th, 2021 at 3:11pm:
Hi
"Initial Reference", top left corner, "gross weight" doesn't happen all the time - seems more likely at the higher aircraft weights.
Warren

Usually that's not filled in by pilots. Are you putting in your actual ZFW in LSK 3L? That's usually how it's initialized and gross weight is auto calculated by the airplane. But you're right it should accept all values up to the MTOW. Try loading the plane to a high weight like 254,000lb and putting in the respective ZFW into PERF INIT LSK 3L and see if it accepts that and see if your LSK 1L will now show the high gross weight.

YouTube  
IP Logged

aspen31

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Hi
Ill have to some additional figuring. When I use the figures published for "empty weight" in the "fuel and payload" section under aircraft the cdu calculates and adds a gross weight which is different than the total weight published as total weight on the cargo load page. Is "total weight" on the cargo page that of the cargo or the sum of fuel + cargo + empty weight of the airplane. If not a total where do I find these values given that calculations are made automatically in the CDU once a ZFW or gross weight is input.
Perhaps I need a refresher for calculating these values.
Thanks
Warren

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
If you right click on either LSK1L (GROSS WT), or LSK3L (ZFW), it should automatically enter the correct weight in both GROSS WT and ZFW.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

aspen31

Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Thanks
The concept seems to work. I was trying to do everything manually and was having trouble getting the figures to work out. I'll start leaving it to the computer.
Nice machine
Warren

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top