Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
CS Pricing on 767 between Captain II and III (Read 1134 times)
BostonJeremy77

CS Pricing on 767 between Captain II and III
Apr 9th, 2021 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Hi all,

I am new to Captain Sim - got the 737-300 a few days ago and about to buy the 757. I have a question on how pricing works with CS. If the 767 is on Captain II right now and they are currently working on Captain III (which I read is happening), is that a free upgrade for those who bought the Captain II? Or is there a discount? Or is it a full price re-purchase. The reason is that I am not sure I want to get the 767 right now if the new version is coming soon if I have to pay twice. Many thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Ryz

Re: CS Pricing on 767 between Captain II and III
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 4:37am
Print Post  
I'm not trying to speak for the CS team... but chances are if there is a 767III coming(which I've heard nothing of), it won't be for a very long time considering the 767II is unfinished.
As for the free upgrade, I doubt it. They've not offered any free upgrades as of yet. Except on the 737-200 for previous P3D3 owners. Besides the FSX 767 and 767II are completely different so having to pay full price is understandable. I imagine a 767III would be the same.
I don't know where you heard a new 767 is coming but I've not heard anything about it. I doubt one is even being considered. The current 767 just came out less than a year ago and as I said its unfinished.

I would definitely get the 767 now cause it is a very nice aircraft that I've not found any major complaints with. I just wish the GE engines would come out but I'm perfectly happy with it as is.

Ryan Manissero

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 9:17am
Print Post  
We'll think about the 767 Captain III after the GE and 300F are done for 767 Captain II.

IP Logged

BostonJeremy77

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Ryz wrote on Apr 10th, 2021 at 4:37am:
I'm not trying to speak for the CS team... but chances are if there is a 767III coming(which I've heard nothing of), it won't be for a very long time considering the 767II is unfinished.
As for the free upgrade, I doubt it. They've not offered any free upgrades as of yet. Except on the 737-200 for previous P3D3 owners. Besides the FSX 767 and 767II are completely different so having to pay full price is understandable. I imagine a 767III would be the same.
I don't know where you heard a new 767 is coming but I've not heard anything about it. I doubt one is even being considered. The current 767 just came out less than a year ago and as I said its unfinished.

I would definitely get the 767 now cause it is a very nice aircraft that I've not found any major complaints with. I just wish the GE engines would come out but I'm perfectly happy with it as is.

Yeah, they said on the thread about MSFS products that they are working on 767 Captain III, so that's where I got it.

Anyway, I did buy the 767 last night, as well as 1011... So now I have the full collection - 737, 757, 767, and 1011! As for the 777, I am using another company. But I am very happy with the CS Boeings I got. Haven't flown the Lockheed yet.

My only issue on the 767 was in VNAV mode it kept overspeeding in cruise and no amount of speed mode on AT or VNAV or anything else would get me out of Mach .95 or so. The only thing that worked was extending the speedbrakes and it evened out to .801 then.

IP Logged

Ryz

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
BostonJeremy77 wrote on Apr 10th, 2021 at 5:42pm:
Ryz wrote on Apr 10th, 2021 at 4:37am:

Yeah, they said on the thread about MSFS products that they are working on 767 Captain III, so that's where I got it.

Anyway, I did buy the 767 last night, as well as 1011... So now I have the full collection - 737, 757, 767, and 1011! As for the 777, I am using another company. But I am very happy with the CS Boeings I got. Haven't flown the Lockheed yet.

My only issue on the 767 was in VNAV mode it kept overspeeding in cruise and no amount of speed mode on AT or VNAV or anything else would get me out of Mach .95 or so. The only thing that worked was extending the speedbrakes and it evened out to .801 then.

That 767 issue has never occurred to me.
As for the L-1011, it's completely different than the other planes you have. It uses INS which is nothing like the FMC. The autopilot is also different. No autothrottle. You have to be careful with vertical speeds too. After takeoff you have to even off for vertical speed to work. You have to manage speed the entire flight. And you have to know the exact coordinates of each way point and its a tricky when it comes to STARs. There's also now 1011-100 performance data I can find but there is a 500 on Sombrief and you can get your coordinates from there. The INS can only hold a maximum of 9 way points. Once you reach waypoint 9 the aircraft will cycle back to 1 and as a result the autoflight will take you back to 1. So either have your flight plan only include 9 or update the INS as you go. I do the latter cause it's more fun. Also you'll be hand flying a lot on final approach. It has ILS but it's an old one and in high wind can't follow it properly. Unlike the other ones it can't land itself. It can line up and descend to the runway but you have to do touchdown which can be tricky if surface wind is high.

Theres a lot more to it but I personally love it. Its well worth the price. Its a lot better than the other companies. I suggest watching a tutorial cause if you're used to glass cockpits you'll be lost. It's a big adjustment. I personally get sick of flying computers so I get all the classics I can. I'm dying for other companies A300 and 747 classic.

Ryan Manissero

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2021 at 3:22am
Print Post  
BostonJeremy77 wrote on Apr 10th, 2021 at 5:42pm:

The mention of the 767 Captain III was in one of my replies. It was a typo!!! My keyboard (a Logitech G413 Gaming Keyboard) is very touchy, and I often get a double character appearing (most often a "double space"), so I have to proof read what I write to edit out the "doubles". However that time I obviously confused the naming between the 767 Captain II, and 757 Captain III.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top