Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Cruise Altitude Pressure Knob (Read 725 times)
BostonJeremy77

Cruise Altitude Pressure Knob
Apr 8th, 2021 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I can't seem to be able to change the cruising altitude on the overhead. It's set to 33,000 and while the knob itself turns, the numbers don't change. I seem to be able to set the landing altitude just fine.

Any ideas? Bug?

Thanks for a fun aircraft, CS. Bought it yesterday, and it's been pretty good so far. Naturally, all new releases will have some pesky bugs to be hunted down and general improvements, but this is a pretty good start!

One other thing - I wish the MCDU had a DEFAULT STATE setting to be selected. I can change the setting to Cold and Dark just fine, but I wish you didn't have to do it every flight. Any way to implement that?

IP Logged

failcold

Re: Cruise Altitude Pressure Knob
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Hey - try right clicking to pull the knob first - this should allow you to change it!

Cheers, FC.

IP Logged

failcold

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Just read the rest of your post, and I believe there is also a way to set a default state. If you go to the 2nd page of the CDU options menu, you can set "set default state". I think you then need to save a custom panel state called "Default"....

What I would like, is for the panel state to be saved when I save the scenario in p3d, so that I can load up my plane at the location it arrived in, and continue my adventure!  Smiley

IP Logged

BostonJeremy77

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
failcold wrote on Apr 8th, 2021 at 2:04pm:
Hey - try right clicking to pull the knob first - this should allow you to change it!

HEY! Thanks a lot! It was actually right-clicking and that did it. The knob needs to be pushed in for it to change!

As for the default states, there is a selection under Options called "Start in Default State" or something along those lines, but it never gives you the ability to select a default state. Likewise, if you go under Panel States, you can manually select the AC to go into Cold and Dark, but nowhere does it actually enable it to be Default. You can create a Custom state if you wish, but again, even if I created a Custom state (which I don't see a need to, considering there is already a C&D state that exists), there is nowhere to actually specify the default one. I browsed through documentation quickly yesterday and didn't find any more insight.

CS?

IP Logged

EY
CS Team

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2021 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
BostonJeremy77 wrote on Apr 8th, 2021 at 6:55pm:
HEY! Thanks a lot! It was actually right-clicking and that did it. The knob needs to be pushed in for it to change!

As for the default states, there is a selection under Options called "Start in Default State" or something along those lines, but it never gives you the ability to select a default state. Likewise, if you go under Panel States, you can manually select the AC to go into Cold and Dark, but nowhere does it actually enable it to be Default. You can create a Custom state if you wish, but again, even if I created a Custom state (which I don't see a need to, considering there is already a C&D state that exists), there is nowhere to actually specify the default one. I browsed through documentation quickly yesterday and didn't find any more insight.
CS?

- save any panel state you wish with DEFAULT name
- make sure that FMC > MENU > SETUP > OPTIONS > Page2 > LOAD DEFAULT PANEL STATE is ON

After that, any flight will be loaded with the DEFAULT panel state

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfobVVn5yB

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top