Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
ILS Problem (Read 2537 times)
Ryz

ILS Problem
Apr 5th, 2021 at 6:36am
Print Post  
Not sure if this is a bug but its gotta be.
I was on ILS approach to Madrid and at about 2000 ft  it stopped following the localiser and rolled hard to the right so I just aborted the landing but the alt hold just completely failed it was just pointing straight up and no matter what I did it wouldn't level off with autopilot. I could hand fly just fine but whenever I tried to use VS to put the nose down it would just disconnect it also wasn't gaining speed despite being at full throttle so I basically stalled and that was it.

Ryan Manissero

IP Logged

Ryz

Re: ILS Problem
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Also I should mention the rudder was stuck in full left. It did it completely by itself. I guess that was a known defect in the 737 irl but don't think that should happen a lot. I never touched the rudder controls but they were stuck in left. That happened around the time the localiser failed. Once it failed they went back to the normal position. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Ryan Manissero

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Guess you need to do the Boeing 'Sudden Upset' course. Rudder actuator failure or seizing was not that uncommon actually in the 737 - led to quite a few failures - always denied by Boeing - they claimed lack of crew procedure.

Anyway - so AP disconnect did not restore control?

IP Logged

Ryz

Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 10:55am
Print Post  
CoastalDriver wrote on Apr 5th, 2021 at 9:56am:
Guess you need to do the Boeing 'Sudden Upset' course. Rudder actuator failure or seizing was not that uncommon actually in the 737 - led to quite a few failures - always denied by Boeing - they claimed lack of crew procedure.

Anyway - so AP disconnect did not restore control?

I'm aware of that problem, I mentioned it in the post. But I just did another flight and it didn't happen. The rudder changed randomly but it didn't lose control. I did unplug my hardware rudder so maybe that?

Ryan Manissero

IP Logged

baranovandrei

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Friends, ILS / VOR does not work for me.
I enter the required frequencies on the radio navigation control panel, but the ILS indications do not appear on the upper display. The same situation is with VOR navigation.

IP Logged

Bas1997

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
baranovandrei wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 1:54pm:
I enter the required frequencies on the radio navigation control panel, but the ILS indications do not appear on the upper display. The same situation is with VOR navigation.

I have exactly the same problem! Sad Hope it'll be fixed in the next update

IP Logged

Ryz

Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2021 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
baranovandrei wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 1:54pm:

Are you using the frequencies from a chart or from the sim? Its generally a bad idea to use nav frequencies from a chart in sim because some addon airports, especially older ones, have the wrong frequency. You'll also run into this problem with all default airports. I always get my nav frequency and crs from the map window in sim because its 100% accurate to the sim airport.

It worked fine for me last time I tried but I haven't done a flight with the new update so its possible something broke.

Ryan Manissero

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2021 at 12:53am
Print Post  
I dunno, I use Navigraph Charts and haven't run into a problem. Maybe it depends on where you fly. I've been pretty impressed with the autopilot, and I'm on 0302.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Abcdeflijus

Reply #8 - Jul 31st, 2021 at 1:00am
Print Post  
As long as I tune to proper frequency ILS works, but I have a feeling that there is something wrong with it. I captures LOC and later on GS and from the distance everything looks ok. But when approaching runway, I always end up on the right side of it. Always need to disconnect AP ant do some aggressive manoeuvre to land on the runway, as if I would continue on ILS I would definitely land on the grass. At first I thought it was sim error (P3D), but I tried many airports now and it does it all the time, so need to reject that version, as other planes landing properly, including 737-200.
Once I thought that it could be some GPS/NAV switch set in GPS, but correct me if I am wrong, does 737-300 has such a switch/ function?
It's really awesome plane to fly and I would like to get it fixed if it's a bug, or find out what I am doing wrong...  Undecided

IP Logged

paradisca1

Reply #9 - Jul 5th, 2023 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
I also experience this. The aircraft stays on the glide slope but tracks ~10° off the localizer and will not land on the runway unless you spot it early and disconnect. I have only flown the ILS at KSFO RWY 28R so I do not know if it is a scenery or AC problem yet. Anyone besides Abcdeflijus and me see this?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top