Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Flap movement on the ground (Read 2541 times)
banny

Flap movement on the ground
Apr 4th, 2021 at 7:36am
Print Post  
Good day, when selecting flaps 5 for takeoff or inflight the flaps deploy normally but when you rotate or navigate a turn the flaps try to retract for some moments and after go back to 5 degrees. Probably something wrong with the simulation of the flap load relief system?  Thanks

IP Logged

Klemen

Re: Flap movement after rotate and in turns
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 9:25am
Print Post  
I have the same problem. Even on the ground it is moving all the time and how I notice that, for the flap I hear a standard C172 flap movement sound. And it is going on all the time when you change thrust setting on the ground. Same goes ion the air as described.

IP Logged

Ryz

Ground Flaps Issue
Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2021 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
I noticed that sometimes when taxiing the flaps will activate on their own. The sound plays and the light indicating flap movement turns on. The flaps don't actually move though. It only happens while taxiing and doesn't always happen. It seems random when it does it.

Ryan Manissero

IP Logged

Ryz

Re: Ground Flaps Issue
Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2021 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
I didn't realize that this had already been reported. I guess merge this topic with the other one. My bad.

Ryan Manissero

IP Logged

SLN017_Sebastian

Re: Ground Flaps Issue
Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Ryz wrote on Apr 7th, 2021 at 7:34pm:
I didn't realize that this had already been reported. I guess merge this topic with the other one. My bad.

Yep, it was already reported! See in the post " SOUND ISSUES"! I also wrote down a workaround for the annoying Cessna-Flap-Sound thing!
Just delete or rename de "FLAP.wav" file in your P3D Sound folder!

PC: i5 6600K @3.2/4.5GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB GTX 1070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB HDD & 512GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - P3DV3/P3DV4/MSFS
IP Logged

Ang

Re: Flap movement on the ground
Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
The issue that I have with the flaps, and I just noticed this, is when I push backed from the gate I set my flaps to Flaps 5 for takeoff. All that was fine until I decided instead of taxing to the runway I would select the runway in the sim and place the aircraft directly to the runway. When the sim reloaded my flaps were gone back to retracted at zero. Just letting you know in case someone else hasn’t reported this because I can’t find it cheers guys.

Angus Rowlands i7 9700K, GTX 1080ti, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, P3D V5.2 HF 1, Windows 10 64 bit home, Dell 32" 1440P monitor

IP Logged

jfwharton

Reply #6 - May 11th, 2021 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
I installed the 302 update yesterday and now I get a clicking sound after the flaps have been deployed to 5.  The sound happens at any flap setting other than all the way up.  Also at times I will see the LF Flaps Intransit llluminate and then go back to LE Flaps Ext.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #7 - May 15th, 2021 at 5:11am
Print Post  
I noticed it's not just sound, the Flaps will jerk around a bit as well, and also the LE Flaps lights

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #8 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Still with 1.0
But now I actually find out what could cause it
I guess it's the AUTO SLATS unrealistic working on ground.
I noticed every time I heard it, my speed it just around the surface wind speed. and my slats will stay FULL EXT even with Flaps5, if I got lower than 0 kts IAS on ground.
Also same sound could be hear when in air with bumpy ride and AUTO SLATS actually working.

So I think there are 3 bugs with this phenomena:
1. AUTO SLATS should not work when aircraft on ground, regarding the AOA.
2. When AUTO SLATS actually working, there should be no noticeable sound in cockpit.
3. as per FCOM 9.10, control and indication on Leading Edge Transit Light, there is a Note: Light is inhibited during autoslat operation in flight.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #9 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Angel of Attack wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:37am:
2. When AUTO SLATS actually working, there should be no noticeable sound in cockpit.
3. as per FCOM 9.10, control and indication on Leading Edge Transit Light, there is a Note: Light is inhibited during autoslat operation in flight.

With more flight I can almost confirm it's the case, and this is now No.1 annoying thing for normal operation of this aircraft for me, please fix it soon  Huh

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #10 - Jul 18th, 2021 at 7:23am
Print Post  
Angel of Attack wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:37am:
Still with 1.0
But now I actually find out what could cause it
I guess it's the AUTO SLATS unrealistic working on ground.
I noticed every time I heard it, my speed it just around the surface wind speed. and my slats will stay FULL EXT even with Flaps5, if I got lower than 0 kts IAS on ground.
Also same sound could be hear when in air with bumpy ride and AUTO SLATS actually working.

Also I noticed in 734 1000 (but as well as 733 and 735), the Auto slats are triggered way before it should in air.
on 734 with 51 tonnes, flying with F5 at 170kt (the maneuver speed, recommended to fly at), the AUTO SLATS already Fully extended.
As this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4V8W31YwTQ
Auto slats only fully extended very near to stall.

IP Logged

Fre

Reply #11 - Jul 19th, 2021 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Had another flap problem, beyond this known one.

During takeoff I went a little too fast and had my flaps caught up, immediately realizing I still had flaps/slat 1, so I put them back in that position, only the plane decided to put them in position 30 - look at picture.

FLAP30.jpg ( 429 KB | 59 Downloads )
FLAP30.jpg

IP Logged

Raul1011

Fly, Navigate, Communicate,
and cup a coffe!

Reply #12 - Nov 22nd, 2021 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Have a same problem. Shocked

i7 | RTX3060 | 32 GB | P3DV4.5

IP Logged

Minivation

Reply #13 - Mar 18th, 2022 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
I can confirm I have the same issue.

Extending flaps on the ground will cause the flaps to move up and down indefinitely as evidenced by the flap lever noise and the flap actuator annunciators near the flap indicator.

Interestingly, this seems to only happen when the aircraft is travelling at taxi speeds on the ground. When the aircraft is stopped or is travelling at a high speed (i.e. takeoff roll or landing roll) this problem goes away.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top