Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 when loading a .rt flighplan i get a CTD (Read 2415 times)
werner

when loading a .rt flighplan i get a CTD
Mar 24th, 2021 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
I have seen this issue was already discussed and solved due to the use of old flight plans.
now i have new flight planes and i get an CTD imm after loading the flightplan. The flight plan is crated PFPX.
I had no issues in the past.
any help support with this is very much appreciated.

thanks
brgds
werner

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: when loading a .rt flighplan i get a CTD
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 12:05am
Print Post  
werner wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 4:46pm:
The flight plan is crated PFPX

PFPX creates the .rt format in an older format than that used by the 777 for FSX/SE/P3D3. To use a route created by PFPX, you need to save it in the FSX/SE/P3D3 default FS Flight Planner format, then load it into the CDU.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

werner

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Thanks a lot Markoz for your fast reply.
i use the .rte from the folder where i save the pfpx flightplan for FSX. This what i have done in the past as well but now it is not working anymor. or is there an other way how to change ithe flight plan into the correct format for CS ?

any information how i can solve this is very much appreciated
thanks have a great day
werner

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2021 at 2:16am
Print Post  
werner wrote on Mar 25th, 2021 at 6:30am:
is there an other way how to change ithe flight plan into the correct format for CS ?

You will still need to save the flight plan/route from PFPX as a standard FS Flight Planner plan (.pln), then load it into the 777 CDU, then save it   using the CDU so it is saved in the FSX/SE/P3D3\Captain_Sim\navigation\routes folder as a .rt file. I  always found it best to save the route from PFPX without the SID/STAR/Approach, load it into the 777 CDU, add the SID/STAR/Approach, then save  the route. I think  because of that, there will not be any Jetways, all connections to waypoints will be connect by DIRECT.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

werner

Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2021 at 6:07am
Print Post  
thanks for your reply
you mean i need to load the route maually into the CDU of the 777- ?

why didit worked befor what changed there was no update - this is crazy.

thanks
werner

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Mar 27th, 2021 at 5:34am
Print Post  
werner wrote on Mar 26th, 2021 at 6:07am:
you mean i need to load the route maually into the CDU of the 777- ?

No. I'm not saying that.

Save the PFPX as a flight sim plan for FSX/SE (not for Captain Sim 757/767), then load that plan into the 777's CDU. The SID, STAR, and Approach, will simply be listed as waypoints, as if you hadn't enter the starting RWY, the SID, the STAR, and the Approach (just the waypoints, and I think also without Speed/Altitude Restraints (PFPX is not installed on my colmputer at the moment, so I can't verify everything that's different)).

werner wrote on Mar 26th, 2021 at 6:07am:
why didit worked befor what changed there was no update - this is crazy.

I find it hard to believe that it ever did work folr you. It never worked for me. I could not even load routes saved using the 757v1.5, and 767v1.4, CDU without getting a CTD.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

werner

Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 7:57am
Print Post  
Thanks Mark for your reply

Perhpas i was not very clear in my message.

I save a flight plan from PFPX under C:Unser/werner/Documents/FlightSImulator X Files.
when i open de CDU go to Request send to FLTSIM FPLS. Here i should finde the flit planes but it is empty.
this is they way i used before without issue.
any idea ?

thanks
werner

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
You have to make sure that PFPX is saving flight as a .PLN. That said, aAs far as I can remember, if you are saving it as a Flight Simulator X flight plan, it should be being saved as a .PLN

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

werner

Reply #8 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 5:43am
Print Post  
Good morning Markoz
it is saved as a plan - under C/user/werner/documents/flight simulator X Files.
if i try to load a flight plan in the CDU i open the CDU go to
request send FLTSIM FPLS  but this page is empty.
i mad a new installtion last night made sure that no old files remain but still it is not working
any idea

thanks for your support
brgds
werner

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #9 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 3:18am
Print Post  
It seems like the route you saved, is not a .PLN file.
Using FLTSIM FPLS to select a .PLN route should work.

OR. Your using FSX-SE, and the CDU is looking in the C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files folder for the saved flight plan, but you're not saving it there.

When FSX-SE is installed without FSX being installed, it is the default FSX, and so it uses the C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX, and C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files, folders.
If both are installed, FSX-SE uses the AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE, and Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files, folders.
So....When installing the 777 Captain for FSX-SE, the installation doesn't care that FSX is not installed, and it uses the Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files folder (and \Microsoft\FSX-SE folder)regardless.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

werner

Reply #10 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Hallo Markoz
the file i am saving from PFPX ins an .plan. it works for another company/another company/Black Box/another company A320 professional LVD. it worked before as well for CS 777 but now due to some unknown issues its not working anymor. i use FSX  not the steam addition.

could it be that the CS CDU is not connected to the installation path ? is there any chance to link the path manually ?
thanks werner
happy easter

IP Logged

werner

Reply #11 - Apr 12th, 2021 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Markoz
i am back and will not give up to find the route cause.
i have now created a flight plan manual and was surprised about how it looks like. Seems that something ins wrong writing the flight plan or reading a flight plan
perhaps you have an idea what is wrong
for your support thanks in advance

brgds
werner

KMIARJTT_.txt ( 2 KB | 53 Downloads )

IP Logged

werner

Reply #12 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Good Morning
as i mentioned i think i am missing the correct font to read a flight plan

thats how a flightplan created manually on the CDU for the CS-777
  KMIA
   RJTT   

BRIKL    U#:@   €Û
TÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

JAYMC   à
û:@   à›WTÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

LAL   `vü;@    ã€TÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

VUZ   àÆÕ@@   à–¹UÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

MEM   `ïA@   àì~VÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

ZAVEL   @
!B@   `
îVÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

SGF    ­B@    aUWÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

MCI    „¤C@    ,¯WÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

ONL   `9<E@    ö«XÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

DPR    
ŠF@   ÀÃmYÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

GGW    
H@   à
¨ZÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

49N11     €H@     À[À    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

YQL   €5ÑH@   à¼*\À    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

WASEN   À
ÊI@   ààM]À    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

YXS   `wòJ@   @'^À    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

YYD   €æ9K@    ¨©_À    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

EEDEN   à%óK@   À
aÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

GRIZZ    ¶ŽL@   @
bÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

RWO   @-ãL@    c
cÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

TANIE   @ üL@   @ÏÆcÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

CHUUK    ]
M@    ã¦dÀ    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

NATES   À¾vK@   €]
e@    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

NUZAN   €-ÔI@   `£td@    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

IXE   
“B@   à8Ÿa@    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

DAIGO   `G_B@    2‹a@    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿                                                                                       

NEXUS   €
æA@   À1
a@    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ      ð¿   

any support appreciated

thanks a lot
brgds
werner

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #13 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Is that what you see if you open the .rt file with Notepad?
If it is, then that's normal because Notepad can't read it correctly.
To be honest, other than the CDU/FMS, I don't know what else would read it correctly.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top