Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Questions After Successful Maiden CS 707 Flight (Read 1001 times)
Aharon

Questions After Successful Maiden CS 707 Flight
Mar 16th, 2021 at 2:34am
Print Post  
Shalom and greetings tech support,

I have few questions after completing successful maiden Captain Sim 707 flight.

Whenever I taxi or take off or go on long climb, the 707 engines are producing correct dark gray/blackish engine exhaust contrails BUT when I reach cruising altitude, are the engines supposed to produce white contrails instead of producing dark gray/blackish contrails? My CS 707 engines are producing latter instead of the former.

Whenever I finish any flight by any freeware or payware add on aircraft, I always use FSX default replay function to show replay of runway approach and landing or touchdown showing correct deployment of flaps and ailerons. However in the replay of my first Captain Sim 707 touchdown, the replay shows retracted flaps and ailerons even though the flaps were properly deployed at full and ailerons were activated during live actiin touchdown. What can I do to fix this so that I can take proper screenshots of touchdowns of Captain Sim 707 during replays?

When I load the flight for Captain Sim 707 into FSX with proper airport of departure, proper waypoints, and proper airport of arrival, the FSX default GPS shows KSEA Seattle as airport of departure and do not show waypoints even though I was at the correct FMMI airport for flight to FMEE. What can I do to fix that problem? I heard that this problem is automatically caused by the two KSEA flight plans that are necessary for some Doppler function.  Since I do not use Doppler preferring GPS, can I delete the two KSEA flight plans so that I can see proper readings in GPS?

Regards,

Aharon

IP Logged

Aharon

Re: Questions After Successful Maiden CS 707 Flight
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Can I get answers on my three questions please?

Thanks,

Aharon

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Aharon wrote on Mar 16th, 2021 at 2:34am:
Whenever I taxi or take off or go on long climb, the 707 engines are producing correct dark gray/blackish engine exhaust contrails BUT when I reach cruising altitude, are the engines supposed to produce white contrails instead of producing dark gray/blackish contrails? My CS 707 engines are producing latter instead of the former.

You  should get a combination of the dark jet exhaust and the white contrails, but they are not mixed together to create a grey colour contrail.

Whenever I finish any flight by any freeware or payware add on aircraft, I always use FSX default replay function to show replay of runway approach and landing or touchdown showing correct deployment of flaps and ailerons. However in the replay of my first Captain Sim 707 touchdown, the replay shows retracted flaps and ailerons even though the flaps were properly deployed at full and ailerons were activated during live actiin touchdown. What can I do to fix this so that I can take proper screenshots of touchdowns of Captain Sim 707 during replays?

FSX doesn't control the more complex coding in the 707 (or in many other complex add-ons), so you won't see them in different positions. I can't remeber the last time I did a replay in FSX, but with a complex aircraft I did one in, the flaps were fully down, yet the replay started before I had lowered them to the first position. I think how you see the aircraft in the replay, is determined by the state it is in when you stop the recording (i.e. raise the flaps before stopping the recording, and the flaps are raised for the entire replay).

When I load the flight for Captain Sim 707 into FSX with proper airport of departure, proper waypoints, and proper airport of arrival, the FSX default GPS shows KSEA Seattle as airport of departure and do not show waypoints even though I was at the correct FMMI airport for flight to FMEE. What can I do to fix that problem? I heard that this problem is automatically caused by the two KSEA flight plans that are necessary for some Doppler function.  Since I do not use Doppler preferring GPS, can I delete the two KSEA flight plans so that I can see proper readings in GPS?

I don't remember ever having this problem, but the reason you are is because the 707 uses the default dpl.PLN (KSEA to KSFF) which is need if/when you use the Doppler for navigation.  Do not delete that route! Once you create an FS Flight Planner route, it should override the dpl.PLN entries.
You can still set FMMI as the next waypoint in the GPS. Open the GPS > FPL > CRSR > use the top right arrow on the CRSR knob to highlight the waypoint AFTER FMMI > select the MENU button > select the ENT button when ask to ACTIVATE the FMMI to next waypoint leg. This will take KSEA away from being the starting point of the rest of the route.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Aharon

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Markoz,

Okay  thanks for three answers. I will to sort those by myself.  At least, everything works well with my Captain Sim 707 and its cockpit panel is too addictive fun.

Regards,

Aharon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top