Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Deactivate (Read 1235 times)
Razboth14

Deactivate
Feb 15th, 2021 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
is there anyway to uninstall or deactivate the 757 III ? or is there any way proper way to update ? everytime i update the products i always reactivate like the first time and and last night i get the limit error (already contacted support and it has been reset). my question is there any way to deactivate it ? i know its ip based on ip but my ISP or router have dynamic IP, so everytime i restart the modem it always generate a new ip.

i already search the internet and havent found anything, and sorry if my english is bad, its not my first language Grin

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Deactivate
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2021 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Razboth14 wrote on Feb 15th, 2021 at 5:31pm:
i know its ip based on ip but my ISP or router have dynamic IP, so everytime i restart the modem it always generate a new ip.

I have always thought it was based on the computer, not the IP address, even though the IP address is noted for the each time it is activated, otherwise, every time you started your computer with a different IP, you would have to reinstall the 767 II again (this would apply to all Captain Sim products). Having said that, if you want to stop the amount of activations from reaching the limit because of complete reinstalls requiring activation, then use the Manual Offline Activation method. That would prevent you from having to contact Captain Sim to unlock them as often - you would still need to activate it (Instant Online Activation, or Manual Offline Activation) again if you upgraded your computer, or bought a new one.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but if you want to do a complete reinstall that requires it to be activated again, you need to delete the key_y763.dat file for the 767 Captain II. This file is found in the C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\CaptainSim\y763 folder.
You can access the C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\CaptainSim folder by typing %APPDATA%\CaptainSim in the Run command window - you can open the Run command by pressing the Windows Key + R.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top