Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Autothrottle does not go to IDLE on T/D (Read 947 times)
Airway88

Autothrottle does not go to IDLE on T/D
Feb 8th, 2021 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Had a few flights now, and latelly when I use a high CI, my uutothrottle does not go to IDLE on T/D, it keeps getting high speed, and overspeed in some cases..

Normally when you iniate you descent, VNAV and A/T should put the thrust to idle..but it does not happen, the speed keeps going up and up until you reach overspeed..

Don`t know what causes that issue, but it seems maybe a issue with VNAV path and speed?  Angry

IP Logged

danielcavalier

Re: Autothrottle does not go to IDLE on T/D
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
VNAV is quite broken on the 757, this is not an issue ive had but sometimes what happens for me is to check if you are in speed or thr hold mode, if thr hold then manually retard the throttle to idle.    If its happening in spd mode then you've found another VNAV bug, good luck getting CS to acknowledge it

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2021 at 5:45am
Print Post  
Where's your hardware throttle when this happens? This doesn't happen to me and I've done lots of 757 flights lately. Does it initially go to idle, then increases? Or just goes right to high thrust?

YouTube  
IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2021 at 8:19am
Print Post  
It doesn't happen to me at T/D , but after than, when speed droped on PATH descend, the SPD kicks in, and then HOLD at high throttle, rather than goes RETARD then HOLD.

IP Logged

Airway88

Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2021 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
It happens only on the 757, it seems to work normally with the 767, no overspeed etc.

It happens during descent, that thrust does not go to idle, but thrust keeps increasing even if I have put speed restrictions in the FMC.

Pr now I put my throttles to idle on my joystick, that seems to work around the VNAV.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top